1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 7 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Interesting stuff!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yoshida: Regarding the PS4 Pro. Rather than using the PS4 Pros power to adapt to say 4k display, we're thinking of using that power to increase actual game performance. What we can tell you is that we already have begun work on a PS4 Pro patch and we hope to have more details to reveal about it soon. This is the same case as mentioned before with inquires about the Xbox. I want the game to be available on as many platforms as possible to reach as many players as possible but the one condition we have is that we can continue the cross platform world matching going. So if we can clear that then we would consider a version with the Switch.
    In b4 switch limitations.

(Though a Switch port of FFXIV would be sick. At that point how hard would it be to make a Android version)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But we just got rid of PS3 A Switch port would have to take into account the "portable" part.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Q: With the addition of swimming and underwater exploration. Do you see Blitzball in the future of Final Fantasy XIV?

Y: To be honest? Yes we have plans. Maybe. The thing is we've run into a few problems. There's the opinion that if we released Blitzball as it was in Final Fantasy X that players may lose interest in it quickly. And then on the team we've had the idea that since we're an MMO that maybe we should make a MMO specific version of Blitzball. Something that would really fit with the style of game we have. However on the other hand if we do that we're going away from the Blitzball everyone knows and is expecting. So we're trying to figure out how to mix both sides. But since we have swimming and diving implemented it's only natural we attempt to add this and we'll keep thinking of ways to do it.
    Aww yiss!!!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    But we just got rid of PS3 A Switch port would have to take into account the "portable" part.
    And all getting rid of the PS3 did as per yoshida's words at the keynote "will allow us to give a better graphical experience." So the only thing changed if there is a switch port is the graphics will be as they are now or slightly better (maybe less DirectX issues some people were having.) The fact he specifically didn't say "dropping PS3 support will allow us to deliver a better game/gameplay" means nothing will change at all if they do drop it on any additional "restrictive" systems.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It might also be that the PS3 requires the sacrifice of several technowizards to program for it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yeah i rather have them remake FFXI on the switch! you can all keep 14 on xbone and ps4^^ (on a sidenote with tweeks as a protable version remake!! Like the one that was announced like ages ago ¬.¬)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A Switch port also requires developers working on it as well as money being spent to create such a thing. Things that are better spent elsewhere.
    This was also the same keynote where he said to upgrade your PC to a 64 bit OS and doubled the furnishing cap for all estates. If you think the only difference will be "graphics" you're just wrong, there will be changes in design as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They'd likely have the team that's working to bring FFXIV to the Xbox (If such a team exists) move over to work on the switch. But as Yoshida's pretty adamant about he wants all systems to play with each other. A switch crossover is likely not going to happen for awhile.

We don't even know if work on an Xbox port is happening right now because for all we know Microsoft could be demanding that all Xbox + PC shenanigans must be done through the windows 10 storefront and PS4 can suck a D.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think any work has been done on the Xbox port at all. As Yoshida says in this interview he first wants to make sure the issue of cross compatibility is resolved and Microsoft is apparently still not giving up on that front. If they ever concede then they'll probably start working on it.
    It's actually more likely to happen on a Nintendo console, isn't Dragon Quest X cross platform as well between every single Nintendo device, PC and PS4? JP onry but whatever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I want to say its Wii, Wii U, and PC.

*Wikipedias*

Jesus christ its everything /but/ Xbox and Windows Phone (lol).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    New meta will be DRK WAR DRG SAM MNK MCH AST SCH
    Why would anyone pick MNK instead of NIN in that group?

There's really no need to: SAM shares gear with MNK and RDM shares the caster sets.
    ...except that Striking (and Slaying) drops will have an army of SAMs lotting on them, in addition to everyone left on MNK. Basically, if you are a DEX job, congratulations: you're going to get all your gear really fast.

But this should be an interesting and worthwhile experiment. Since adding three new jobs - only one of which, the tank, was a popular legacy FF job - "did not affect queue times," then adding 2 extremely popular legacy jobs and making them both DPS should not affect queue times, either.

Let's see how this theory works out.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I plan on going Drg to 70 first. But after that, War, Sch, Rdm next, I haven't decided. I'll probably do a combination of the 3 as insta-tank/healer queues will be nice, but long ass DPS queues will be awful lol.

My bard can wait till 4.5, like it waited until 3.5 with Heavensward >_>.

But yeah, as awesome as Samurai looked in the Stormblood trailer, I think Redmage looked better in motion in the actual gameplay trailer.
    Definitely. RDM just looked vastly more interesting than Samurai. But then again the Sam and Kugane images look like they are pretty unfinished compared to the RDM/Rhalgar Shrine stuff we got previously. Definitely a work in progress there.

If this is actually true, it would solve a lot of the overpowered synergy issues that adding another Slashing (Sam) and another Piercing (RDM) DPS to the meta. As much as I don't want to see the damage type system be dumbed down, it simply has to be. We are already seeing groups go without a caster and use BRD/MCH in Creator. Without removing the debuffs we will see a lot of SAM/NIN/WAR and DRG/RDM/MCH synergy groups. So either remove the debuffs or raise monks personal dps to compensate, this time that personal dps number will be too large to be feasible.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It won't, queue times will be awful and we all know that. His excuse that "tanks and healers will be changed significatly" won't matter even if the changes are huge because most will just shift to RDM or SAM.
    Heck we already experienced this when Ninja was released, what's different now? I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any sign of things changing for the expansion. If you main a DPS be prepared for long queue times, especially at launch.
    On the other hand I'll probably get instant queues on SCH/AST but then there's the 50-60 grind for the new ones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Why would anyone pick MNK instead of NIN in that group?
    I meant NIN

I don't know why MNK came out. I'm bad.

Edit: It also depends how they go about gear. If they tie 61+ gear to SAM + MNK or they actually do separate it.

Either way considering how they're doing the AF3 route again gearing in 4.05-4.2 is going to be an exercise in trying your patience if you like job flex.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I don't understand why people think SAM spells the "death of MNK". If we're talking about optimized PT setups, MNK has been dead for pretty much the entire expansion. Even if they share gear, it's not like SAM is competing with MNK's party slot, because MNK doesn't have one to begin with. If you're the kind of player who is maining MNK right now then the addition of SAM shouldn't change anything.

As for the actual issues, the current resistances are pretty bad for MNK but that's not the only problem the job has, so while removing them would help it's not really enough to fix everything. There's also their complete lack of direct DPS buffs (Litany/TA/Hypercharge) and indirect ones (enmity management). MNK is just a "selfish" and self-contained DPS job in a game where all other jobs have multiple synergies.

Similarly, SAM won't necessarily get a party slot just because it benefits from slashing. It needs to offer party buffs too. Sure, the job is already in a better spot than MNK - more comparable to SMN/BLM, but as we have seen with those 2... that doesn't seal the deal. Definitely have to wait and see all the skills before calling anything.

Ultimately I also don't understand why this is a concern for most people, especially for the type of players that tend to post here or on reddit. The raids are so easy now that they'll be beatable by literally anyone within a month regardless of PT setup. The vast majority of raiding teams would benefit from simply finding players with matching schedules and using their best classes, even if that meant using a lesser setup. If you want to speedrun/optimize later then there's no room for job preference in the discussion, there are more jobs than PT slots so you have to be willing to play whatever is best (which will no doubt change in the expansion).

Hopefully SE will do a better job at balancing jobs than they did for Creator regardless.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It won't, queue times will be awful and we all know that. His excuse that "tanks and healers will be changed significatly" won't matter even if the changes are huge because most will just shift to RDM or SAM.
    Heck we already experienced this when Ninja was released, what's different now?
    Whenever I've said "queue times would have been better if NIN were a tank," people insisted that it makes absolutely no difference what role a new job is, because the only people who play that new job will be transfers from the same role.

And apparently, Yoshi "confirmed" this in the Fanfest, right? Therefore, when 4.0 comes out and both of the new jobs are DPS, the queues will be exactly the same because the only people playing RDM and SAM will be people who currently main casters or melee DPS. Q.E.D.

My prediction is that after a week or so of 50-59 queue hell, Yoshi implements some ridiculous bonuses for Level 50 Dungeons roulette. Hell, it might even be implemented on release, but I think Yoshi believes his own hype and will need to see evidence first.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Blitzball... I'm fucking done.

I can't take anymore good news today. DON'T TAKE ME YET, LORD! I'M NOT READY!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blitzball is going to be amazing for 10 minutes.

And then you'll hate it just like you did in FFX

Can't wait to give my blitzball to that one overleveled guy with +100 speed!

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

People talking about SAM killing MNK like MNK isn't already dead. The question is whether they're going to buff it significantly or leave it to rot like they've done to PLD.

This fanfest was neat but the thing I'm most interested in are the Battle System changes. What they do there is really going to define the success or failure of the expansion in my eyes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast