1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 8 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That poor interpreter. CEO just plowed on in his speech with no gaps and Yoshi's over there smirking cause he knows it's gonna be a bitch and a half for that poor girl.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Yeah, was my first thought too
    Think the main differences is 1) the amount of unique instances that have unique music, in WoW for instance a lot of new music is heavily front loaded and there isn't nearly as much content that comes out in patches that requires lots of new tracks. In addition a lot of MMO's tend to make longer compositions for an area but field music might have both night and day tracks inside that composition and if they don't need new music, silence is likely okay to use. When you think about it Soken really is asked to do a crap load even for MMO standards since almost every new thing for each new patch rarely has previous existing music unless its something re-added in from Nobuo Uematsu 1.0 music.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah but I was still expecting WoW to have more considering it's 12 years old and has 6 expansion packs. FFXIV is 3.5 years old (I'm assuming 1.0 tracks that have been removed from ARR aren't counted).

the primal battles alone wrack up two each for the most part, pre and post ultimate attack.

kinda surprised it beat ffxi though.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yeah but I was still expecting WoW to have more considering it's 12 years old and has 6 expansion packs. FFXIV is 3.5 years old (I'm assuming 1.0 tracks that have been removed from ARR aren't counted).
    FFXIV 1.0 is 7 years old, and I'm sure 1.0 tracks are included in that number. Taking a quick look through the 104-track 1.0 OST, I'm inclined to say less than a dozen have not been repurposed as of 3.5.

I was initially puzzled as to how this game could beat XI, but keep in mind that there are a LOT of zones in XI with no soundtrack, whereas I can't think of a single one offhand that doesn't have music in XIV.

New Merits
    BG Level

Soken and Koji alone makes things worth to watch.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    the primal battles alone wrack up two each for the most part, pre and post ultimate attack.

kinda surprised it beat ffxi though.
    Not too surprised, since XIV has a ton of short loop tracks as well for each 'region' of the zones. FFXI supports day and night tracks but they never utilized night time tracks (since the PS2 had very little room even with compression.)

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    FFXIV 1.0 is 7 years old, and I'm sure 1.0 tracks are included in that number. Taking a quick look through the 104-track 1.0 OST, I'm inclined to say less than a dozen have not been repurposed as of 3.5.

I was initially puzzled as to how this game could beat XI, but keep in mind that there are a LOT of zones in XI with no soundtrack, whereas I can't think of a single one offhand that doesn't have music in XIV.

You're pretty far off your guess, I would say there is maybe 30 or 40 songs that made their way thus far into the game from 1.0, a lot of the scores in the game are their own unique titles.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You should probably re-listen to the 1.0 soundtrack. Nearly every non-MSQ dungeon in XIV uses a 1.0 track, as well as nearly every dungeon boss. Cutscene tracks are still used, primals are still used, GCs are still used, and a decent chunk of the stuff that remains have been made into Orchestrion scrolls.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Presenters just teased the never before played song is going to be Rise.

>Raid Content
    >Sonic Boom

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post

>Raid Content
    >Sonic Boom
    Soken tweeted about it like 3 hours ago already

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post

>Raid Content
    >Sonic Boom
    That's not really a tease, that is more of spoiling what the mystery song could be.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The ultimate spoiler of any secret is when they tell you what it is.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kensaki View Post
    Well I hope the sam/rdms enjoy their hour long queues on launch trying to get into story instanced content.
    SAM learns Gil Toss! (at "tank for hire" pf's)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Calling the death of MNK already is all kinds of retarded lol. We have no clue what changes they'll make to existing classes let alone how good the new ones will function not to mention whatever battle system changes they got planned that can disrupt the meta. Either way, I'm jumping on the SAM train to 70 then go from there. Good thing I still have all my lvl 50-60 MNK gear.
    It's not though. They announced SAM is sharing gear with MNK. That alone hurts MNK bad regardless of changes. Nobody's going to want to be a SAM competing with MNK for raid gear or vice versa when DRG/NIN still have unrivaled claims, and SAM being the new flavor of the month (and slashing unless they get rid of those buffs) is going to make that more desirable than MNK.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess it's technically no worse than 3.0 MCH competing with BRD for left side and BRD/NIN for right side. And if you think about it, it's a lot better than 3.0 DRK competing with PLD/WAR for left side and PLD/WAR/MNK/DRG for right side.

At least, in the gear aspect, not the queue time aspect.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But in a standard comp this will hurt MNKs more than NINs hurt BRDs.

If, for some reason, you run a static with your two melee dps as MNK and SAM any Scouting or Maiming pieces are gonna get greed only and you have two jobs fighting for Striking pieces. Which if we applied it to drop sets now would affect any leftside piece in A10S, A11S, or A12S.

Granted this is this situation BRDs and MCHs have with NINs in A9S currently or MNK and DRG in A9S.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Accessories are a lot less of an issue now with them all being in the first fight and buyable for the least amount of books.

And whatever tank you play you've always been competing with 1 other tank.

And MCH added competition for BRD but only in a "who takes the spot" kind of way. SAM now makes MNK less desirable both in competing for 1 slot and how you determine a 2nd slot's job.

Melee have never had this issue before. And it's not one that'll be fixed any time soon unless the expansion after 4.0 delivers 2 more dps to share gear with DRG and NIN...or unless they combined DRG/NIN gear (which would be brilliant at this point for balance but retarded in all other aspects).

SAM as a dps + sharing gear with MNK as a decision is just beyond retarded. It'll take MNK getting something that becomes essential to winning fights (which they've stated before they don't want to do for any 1 job) in order to make up for all of this.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Come to think of it, didn't NIN also share gear with MNK when it was released?

Is it that MNK is the stepchild, or that DRG is the precious unicorn?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It did up until ilv120

Right now I'm assuming all MNK gear past i270 will be shared with Samurai

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

NIN shared the gear up to i110 with MNK and everything after that was Scouting stuff, but yeah.