1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The new plains area and it's connection with the Au Ri interests me

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    in b4 SE makes it not possible to level past 60 in potd
    I'm expecting this, much like you couldn't EXP in the 2.0 expert dungeons until like 3.05

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I don't get that. I assume you mean because no new healer or tank? I'm a main healer and I don't care. I'm more interested in the changes to battle mechanics. Neither job being introduced this time excites me enormously. I may try RDM. I'm still interested in three new areas, the underwater stuff and the stories. FFXI had PLD, NIN and later RUN. Three tanks and arguably three healers. Out of twenty odd classes. Sure I'd like to see wider variation but there's a lot of interest in DPS too.
    actually in FFXI every DPS that could hold hate (by DPSing) and knew how to swap gear was a tank. and every mage that could cast cure IV with enough cure potency was a healer, its just after adoulin with all the adjustments that tanks and real healers (as in whm) are needed in endgame.

I am not holding my breath for new battle mechanics, and i guess leveling will be done in PotD if you try to lvl rdm or sam because queue times. Now knowing the Devs they will be dumb and nerf PotD experience past lvl 60... I really really hope they arent that dumb ._.

i dont think there is any way they are gonna let you level to 70 in POTD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Same here. At this point this is the only way to play this game lol. Wait for content to build up, play through said content, get bored, wait for content to build up, play through, etc, etc.

With all these jobs, I really hope things like dungeons and 24-man raids and etc switch to a token system for gear like they did with the i90AF armor. Will be annoying as hell trying to get gear for a specific job otherwise or for *cough*glamour purposes*cough*.
    There's really no need to: SAM shares gear with MNK and RDM shares the caster sets. Weapons already have a token system.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

I have some minor complaints about the choice of Samurai aesthetic they decided to go with but

Honestly the moment I saw the classic Yukikaze/Gekko/Kasha system for SAM, I was fucking sold.

Can't wait to bask in the slashing debuffdom!

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I'm expecting this, much like you couldn't EXP in the 2.0 expert dungeons until like 3.05
    You probably get xp, but unless they keep scaling the amount of xp you get based on level it will be pretty worthless after 60 when single level starts to require over 10m xp.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I main mnk, and i really am not liking this possibility of SAM killing mnk, we'll see what's up, i guess i'm definitely going to lvl SAM which was my plan anyways. Weren't they saying something about making jobs branch out into different styles of play now? Like an actual DPS PLD that isn't involving sword oath?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Considering we don't know anything about the job changes yet that's quite an early call.
    Only thing they'll do is simplified as stated. Any new skills added won't change the meta too much because Yoshida is afraid of jobs being different and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I called the excuse of balancing out the jobs by primary attributes awhile ago. Its how FFXIV 2.X was by the time NIN came in.
    Yep, for some reason people still doubt you can predict almost everything about this game when the dude in charge says "nothing will change or be significantly different."

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Yep I noticed that. Unfortunately it's very common in Japanese anything. The lore being like the Edo period it kinda makes sense for them to use it that way because that's how people actually thought of the cardinal directions. The gates of Kyoto for example were named Suzaku gate, Seiryu gate etc. I very seriously doubt we will see those beast gods in any capacity that requires us to fight them. Sadly.
    I noticed immediately and I cringed simply because I know they'll be throw away storyline fodder in this game in some capacity because the playerbase can't handle a challenge or having to "work" to earn things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I main mnk, and i really am not liking this possibility of SAM killing mnk, we'll see what's up, i guess i'm definitely going to lvl SAM which was my plan anyways. Weren't they saying something about making jobs branch out into different styles of play now? Like an actual DPS PLD that isn't involving sword oath?
    As always: Yoshida says a lot of things.

MNK being killed is likely to happen and probably just initially, but even if they shit on a portion of the playerbase, remember the majority of players don't give a fuck about how they play or how bad they are at actual content, so mnk will be fine in SE's eyes ;p

Yet another DPS with slashing attack, they should probably take Storm's Eye away from WAR ;o

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Yet another DPS with slashing attack, they should probably take Storm's Eye away from WAR ;o
    SAM will just get a version of it more than likely.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why don't they get rid of slashing piercing blunt debuffs

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They missed an opportunity to make a unique tank class with SAM, IMO. It could've made use of parry and been a tank where part of the game play was parry/retaliate. Will have to see what the "combat changes" look like, but I forsee a lot of people dropping tank/healer classes to jump on the SAM/RDM bandwagon. /shrug

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I FUCKING FINALLY GET TO PLAY SAM AGAIN!

SO HYPED

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I never got that train of thought. DRK already fulfills that with Low Blow and Reprisal, and even has a buff that increases their parry rate. SAM would've just been DRK but probably worse.

But I will agree that the reasoning behind making only dps jobs for the expansion doesn't hold up. While it does make sense that tanks/healers would be the main ones to gravitate to DRK/AST, what they didn't address is the amount of tanks and healers that are going to switch to RDM and SAM. It's going to be a really bad couple of weeks at launch.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Slashing, piercing down is going away. It causes too many balance issues and that seems to be their big goal.

Take away resist down and tank combos are more flexible, DPS combos open way up.

SAM is going to be extremely popular. It LOOKS badass, and most of the playerbase could careless about performance. Look at all the shit DRKs. PotD/FATE grinding SAM to 70, while I enjoy instant queues on my tanks.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Slashing, piercing down is going away. It causes too many balance issues and that seems to be their big goal.

Take away resist down and tank combos are more flexible, DPS combos open way up.
    They spoke about this? If so, thank fucking god. I can see nothing but bad things if they don't solve this problem.

Even if this is the case, then NIN & MCH will almost always have a permanent spot since they still enhance the entire group's DPS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't recall SE ever mentioning the resist downs (correct me if I'm wrong), but it would just seem like the smartest thing to do at this point. It was a neat idea when we only had 9 jobs but now it's just going to be really difficult to balance around.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    They spoke about this? If so, thank fucking god. I can see nothing but bad things if they don't solve this problem.

Even if this is the case, then NIN & MCH will almost always have a permanent spot since they still enhance the entire group's DPS.
    they didn't it's just speculation and I don't trust SE to have the foresight to do this since as we saw with heavensward they balanced jobs for dungeons.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    They missed an opportunity to make a unique tank class with SAM, IMO.
    I said this exact thing earlier today *mind sync* if they ever wanted to think of a new tank class for the game instead of a dps sam was the most logical choice. Dem counters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast