1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    And there's going to be more furnishing space...by DOUBLE....what is this feeling I'm feeling? WHAT IS THIS FEELING?
    Its called hype and it'll subside on June 19th as you, during the pre-release, figure out everything is the same.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    The reasoning behind adding two DPS classes doesn't make any sense.
    They did notice an increase in Healers of Tanks. So more healering and tank jobs doesn't mean more healers and tanks. Just means more variety for those who already tank/heal.

Nothing to do with low level queues. Those are boned find a tank friend who will carry you.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Its called hype and it'll subside on June 19th as you, during the pre-release, figure out everything is the same.
    lol true dat. But I truly do feel the hype right now. If all of this really goes through it will represent everything I've personally cared about in the game. My FC house has been a labor of love but I was always disappointed there wasn't true doman housing. And of course furnishing space was always too tight. And inventory space. It's gonna be good (for me, many people won't give a shit).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Housing is gonna be lit with double the placement allowance.

Granted it won't be enough for some people but at least you can get more than one floor completely furnished.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    They did notice an increase in Healers of Tanks. So more healering and tank jobs doesn't mean more healers and tanks. Just means more variety for those who already tank/heal.

Nothing to do with low level queues. Those are boned find a tank friend who will carry you.
    Neither Dark Knights nor Astrologians were entirely different from the pre-existing jobs. Had they developed something else maybe some more would've jumped on those roles.
    Sounds like an excuse we're gonna hear with every expansion so they don't have to add any more.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Boy they REALLY should have showed the Doma footage at the Japan Fan Fest. I guess it wasn't ready at the time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Boy they REALLY should have showed the Doma footage at the Japan Fan Fest. I guess it wasn't ready at the time.
    That would've left nothing for the EU Fanfest.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One day they're really going to actually have to fix the limited housing problem instead of just throwing more server resources at hosting more instances of low-population zones with 60 houses with 20-30 some objects placed outside each.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I doubt anything will be different from already existing jobs. The fights are very fine tuned and require the use of tanks that use their tanky stance to generate hate and their DPS stance to push phases. While healers need to use both shielding magics and direct healing.

Come 5.0 or 6.0 we'll see the same kind of things. The Diablo 3 GDC really hit this with explaining how they have to design boss fights that can be killed by every kind of class/skill combo.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well what Yoshi really said about the job balance was that when they analyzed the HW data, people who played tank tended to stick to tank (aka pld/war switching to drk) and people who played healer tended to stick to healer (aka whm/sch switching to ast) so they're not worried about the job balance per se. He said they are more worried about balancing the current tanks and healers and eventually adding more of each to parallel the dps. So if all goes according to what he said, the next 2 jobs we should see are going to be healer and tank.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well this was a nice keynote. Makes me a little more optimistic about the expansion, if for nothing else than the thematically new stuff to explore. New jobs don't interest me quite as much. Just glad I'm a tank and won't have to deal with the hellish Samuqueues.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The bad feelings I'm getting is its going to be a whole lot of the same with 3.0. I'm hoping that the gap from 3.0 to 3.1 isn't 4 or 5 months long.

Edit: Or 4.0 Omega as much as a brick wall as Goridas.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    That would've left nothing for the EU Fanfest.
    I'm sorry, I meant they should have switched what was presented. Now this expansion feels way too Far East than Ala Mhigo.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I wonder if they'll ever use another vocalist besides Susan Calloway for XIV. I like her a lot but I feel it's getting kind of stale. Maybe it's just me?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever use another vocalist besides Susan Calloway for XIV. I like her a lot but I feel it's getting kind of stale. Maybe it's just me?
    Was just saying this to a few people. Every song she sings has the same "voice", she has one little range and little variation in how she expresses herself and it ends up making her sound a bit soulless.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just you. They use her voice as the voice of the Hydaelyn(sp) so it makes sense. Plus dat pension check.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Susan is going to be singing Oblivion (Shiva's theme)

Fucking... jelly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope they don't. She's pretty much FFXIV at this point, Answers is way too iconic.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Was just saying this to a few people. Every song she sings has the same "voice", she has one little range and little variation in how she expresses herself and it ends up making her sound a bit soulless.
    I feel exactly the same way.

Although I would love to hear her take on Oblivion.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also Monk is fucked. Unless Samurai is horribly deficient, it just synergizes too well with WAR and NIN (party staples already). Monk still synergizes with no one besides themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast