FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Atom0s with the grand slam

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    What's funny is that you are going around trying to police servers like you have any bit of authority Run_Away lol. DSP is open source, xiloader, which I wrote, is open source. The license attached to them allows them to do what they have done.
    They are free to modify the source and add onto it, alter it, etc. They are not required to share any of the modified source that you seem to think they are required to do.
    https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq...cePostedPublic

The GPL does not require you to release your modified version, or any part of it. You are free to make modifications and use them privately, without ever releasing them. This applies to organizations (including companies), too; an organization can make a modified version and use it internally without ever releasing it outside the organization.

But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.

Thus, the GPL gives permission to release the modified program in certain ways, and not in other ways; but the decision of whether to release it is up to you.
    For someone that has done nothing but steal code and put his name all over it, including xiloader, it is fairly funny to see you crying about copyrights.
    You love to accuse me of this all the time, with no proof of course. Lets not forget how you rage quit DSP because I called you out on your hidden code, and instead of you admitting to it, you tried to ban me and cover it up. When DSP didnt allow it because it was true, you tried to slander me then too.

Some additional food for thought. My messages have been a simple warning that additional information is being collected. It is a factual message meant to inform their players.

Meanwhile I have been slandered in an attempt to discredit me. Sure does make me wonder why so much effort to discredit a factual and easily provable claim. The warning does nothing but inform their users, why would you try to hide the information? Why does atom0s feel like he has to slander me over the logging of mac addresses.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Your crusade seems, ultimately, pointless. And you seem soft.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Your crusade seems, ultimately, pointless. And you seem soft.
    He's velvet soft.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Run_Away View Post
    https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq...cePostedPublic

You love to accuse me of this all the time, with no proof of course. Lets not forget how you rage quit DSP because I called you out on your hidden code, and instead of you admitting to it, you tried to ban me and cover it up. When DSP didnt allow it because it was true, you tried to slander me then too.

Some additional food for thought. My messages have been a simple warning that additional information is being collected. It is a factual message meant to inform their players.

Meanwhile I have been slandered in an attempt to discredit me. Sure does make me wonder why so much effort to discredit a factual and easily provable claim. The warning does nothing but inform their users, why would you try to hide the information? Why does atom0s feel like he has to slander me over the logging of mac addresses.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I like this guy. Been awhile since I've seen decent pointless ffxi drama

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It got me to listen to all the old FFXI area music again so that's good.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

You love to accuse me of this all the time, with no proof of course.
    Your constant removal of websites after I DMCA'd them says otherwise when your hosts kept shutting you down for stealing my website code I made for Era. But sure, deny it all you want.

As for proof? Here's your chat log of you asking me to stop cause 'its annoying' according to you:

Code:
    Session Ident: Run_Away
    [07:11] Session Ident: Run_Away (Rizon, atom0s) ([email protected])
    [07:11] <Run_Away> i removed your copyrighted css I apologize I didnt realize you were so sensitive about a template
    [14:16] <Run_Away> I see you want to keep reporting me
    [14:21] <Run_Away> I see you are ignoring me, please do not waste my time with another report it is annoying
    [14:22] <Run_Away> if there is something you want talk to me
    But did you stop using my stuff? Nah, of course not.

Lets not forget how you rage quit DSP because I called you out on your hidden code, and instead of you admitting to it, you tried to ban me and cover it up. When DSP didnt allow it because it was true, you tried to slander me then too.
    Clearly you have no idea why I left DSP. And hidden code? That's a good laugh. Keep trying though, it's rather funny seeing you make an idiot of yourself time and time again.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thats funny cause here are the emails from the hosting company.
    Spoiler: show

Code:
    date:	Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    We have received an abuse report against your account. And here is the list of URLs that were reported:

http://www.dwgames.us/

Reason for suspension:

\\\"The owner of this site is using a template I made and designed for another website (http://ffera.com)\\\"

Please disable or remove this site / content immediately as it is direct abuse of the network services and a violation of your TOS and AUP. Failure to resolve this issue in 24 hours could lead to service interruption. Please update this ticket by logging on to http://www.hosting24.com/members with resolution to this issue. We thank you in advance for your quick action and cooperation.

I will be pleased to answer any questions you may have.

Very Truly Yours,
    James K.
    Help Desk Staff

Code:
    date:	Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    REPLY HAS BEEN ADDED:

Hello XXXX,

Your http://www.dwgames.us account has been unsuspended. Thank You for Your cooperation.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.

Best Wishes,
    Dominic G.
    Help Desk Staff

www.hosting24.com

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

The template is a template from bootstrap if you go to ffera.com you will see the difference. There is no copyright infringement

Your complaint came in at 3:51 and 13 minutes later the suspension was removed because there was no copyright infringement and they confirmed it.

And yes it is annoying to have to talk to the help desk of your hosting company after they suspend your account for a DMCA report that they did not even bother to investigate.

I am curious what other works of yours you think I have stolen? You said including xiloader but I have never claimed to write xiloader. I did distribute a xiloader for the server ROK-XI server I ran but that included a copy of the source when it was downloaded.

IF A MOD DOES READ ANY OF THIS

feel free to remove any derailed posts from myself and Atom0s as you see fit. My intent has only been to inform current and new members that additional information is logged through their xiloader. I am sorry that the grudge between Atom0s and myself has dragged into this thread as all I am trying to do is now defend his slandering of me.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You are a whiny motherfucker eh?

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whiny motherfuckers make the world go 'round.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No, they don't. They sit around while we get shit done. Then they complain about us getting shit done.

Whinyyyyyy motherfuckers.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    You are a whiny motherfucker eh?
    It's nothing new with him. He's just trying to start stuff with others cause they did something he can't have for free to copy.
    He has to go figure it out somewhere else rather than them just handing him the source.

He's no one important which is why he's getting defensive and butthurt lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

IF A MOD DOES READ ANY OF THIS

feel free to remove

You're pretty new to bg. Keep posting.

2 months in and we are already averaging 60-70 players online at peak times! Checkout our new status page: http://status.kupoffxi.net/online

If you're looking for that old school retail feel the way FFXI was meant to be played by its original creators this is the place to be! We're hard at work getting everything working the way it should be!

Our installation takes less than an hour once you've downloaded our installation package for 64bit operating systems.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been playing on the weekends for a month or so and been enjoying myself.
    I had some problems with my install, but I was able to get answers pretty quickly on the irc and get online shortly after.