+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kupo FFXI Nostalgic Private FFXI Server

Opening today 2/16/2017! Leveling contest for USD $$ to encourage new members! Details on the site!

Server IP: kupo.ddns.net

Download: https://kupoffxi.com/install/
    Chat: Kupo Chat

Server Settings:
    * Experience rate is 1x.
    * Movement speed is 1x.
    * Level cap is 75.
    * Fame gain 3x.
    * Crafting skill up rate 2x.
    * Notorious Monsters drop the non-ex gear.
    * RoZ & CoP Storylines available.

Features:
    * Custom working in game friendlist
    * Custom player commands with ingame command list
    * All AHs linked together
    * Custom anti-cheat
    * Custom anti-exploit
    * Explorer Moogle teleport to starting cities for 300 gil
    * ALL AF working
    * WORKING MONSTER TP so those melee classes you love are relative throughout the game!

Kupo is a private FFXI server based off the 2003 retail feeling with only CoP and RoZ expansions active. The server is 100% free and there are no donations at all! We aim to emulate retail very closely with the only variants being a few quality of life changes. We strive to be 100% bug free and have two developers with over 12 years of experience working on the server. Come play FFXI the way it was meant to be played!
    Come experience the hardcore days where leveling up actually meant something and HNM’s were actually hard. Teamwork is required to equip yourself with the best gear. Hack and slash your way through nostalgic content like the dunes and crawlers nest. There is a server wide linkshell that all players start with a pearl for.

All players start at level 1, with 10 gil. No handouts will be given out to players. There will be no events that make you overpowered so you can go solo HNM’s. Everything you get will be earned from hard work, just like retail. GMs will only interact with players regarding rule infractions or bugs. Build a great community and accomplish great things!

KupoFFXI is run off a modern server with 2x E5-2967 v2 (24 cores), 256GB DD3 RAM, and SSD’s in RAID 10. We also have a separate test server running a clone of the main server for bug fixing. All this leads to a 99.9% up time with the server only rarely being restarted to apply tested patches! Live backup’s every 30 minutes!

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just a quick question: any idea why you're using dynamic DNS?

Thanks for the question Arkanna, we're using a DNS so that if the IP address were to ever change users won't have to change anything on their end.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Warning: This server recently required a change to use their xiloader.exe that captures your mac address.

The only information they provided about the required change was "This loader will be required by Thursday evening due to ease of download and installation."
    http://kupoffxi.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=123

Use at your own risk

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm still wondering why they are using dynamic DNS when they clearly have a domain registered. Oh well.

Oh and also, with the way TCP/IP works, only your IP address stays on a packet from end to end. The MAC is stripped out and replaced with another MAC before the packet even gets out of your home network. I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Except they are recording your actual physical address with the tool they require you to connect to their server, as the normal xiloader.exe does not work on their server anymore.

Understand this post may not even exist if they had been open about it to begin with I am simply providing a warning until they advertise what their custom xiloader.exe does

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I apologize, I didn't really end up making the point I wanted to make.

Having your MAC address really doesn't do much for them. Layer 2 addressing is only relevant in LAN's, and their assets are not on the same LAN as your computer. Them knowing your MAC address is about as relevant as you knowing a woman in another country is wearing a red dress. What exactly are you going to do with that knowledge?

The only things they can do with your MAC would be stuff like, steal paid-for hotel wireless if they know you bought access. Stuff where they are on the same LAN as you. They could also use it to identify who manufactured your network card.

You can spoof your own MAC address if you're that concerned about it.

I don't disagree with you though, they should be open and up-front about changes to their client. (I have no horse in this race, just trying to help)

We log many metrics on the users who connect to our server for security purposes. We do not use any of the metrics we collect for any purpose other than server security. We believe all users should follow the rules and want to create a level playing field.

Many large web/gaming products also log metrics on users that connect. Every time you connect to a wifi network it logs your MAC address. If you don’t want your metrics to be logged I suggest turning off your modem and your cellphone and never turning them on again.

So if you want to play FFXI in a fair playing field give us a shot! Have fun!

Full disclosure: Run_Away is a developer for another FFXI server and he has been hacking/injecting packets since around the release of our server. He has been banned on our server at least twice now.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you, this guy is trying to make it sound like we are stealing everyone's credit card info or something. There is nothing malicious you can do with a MAC address.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    I apologize, I didn't really end up making the point I wanted to make.

Having your MAC address really doesn't do much for them. Layer 2 addressing is only relevant in LAN's, and their assets are not on the same LAN as your computer. Them knowing your MAC address is about as relevant as you knowing a woman in another country is wearing a red dress. What exactly are you going to do with that knowledge?

The only things they can do with your MAC would be stuff like, steal paid-for hotel wireless if they know you bought access. Stuff where they are on the same LAN as you. They could also use it to identify who manufactured your network card.

You can spoof your own MAC address if you're that concerned about it.

I don't disagree with you though, they should be open and up-front about changes to their client. (I have no horse in this race, just trying to help)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Northernlights View Post
    Thank you, this guy is trying to make it sound like we are stealing everyone's credit card info or something. There is nothing malicious you can do with a MAC address.
    I am simply warning users that you have modified DSP code to collect additional information (and lied about the intent of the changes). Some people are not willing to have their MAC Address transmitted online, a metric which means little to nothing because the MAC Address can easily be spoofed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The air is salty. Who the fuck knew there was still ffxi drama lol...

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post
    The air is salty. Who the fuck knew there was still ffxi drama lol...
    free server XI has tons of drama because mods can freely give away gear and shit. I made the mistake of getting on a Vent channel and man was that toxic.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I tried to post the truth on their forums but they would rather try to discredit me and insult me instead.

http://i.imgur.com/rMGuSXR.png

There have been no item handouts and will be none on this server. The GMs know each other IRL and we are firm on this. Handing out items ruins the game in our opinion.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yip Man View Post
    There have been no item handouts and will be none on this server. The GMs know each other IRL and we are firm on this. Handing out items ruins the game in our opinion.

This 100%, I know my message appears to be anti this server, however, I do think this server has tons of potential and it does appear to be run by legit gm's that are not playing favorites with their players.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

What's funny is that you are going around trying to police servers like you have any bit of authority Run_Away lol. DSP is open source, xiloader, which I wrote, is open source. The license attached to them allows them to do what they have done.
    They are free to modify the source and add onto it, alter it, etc. They are not required to share any of the modified source that you seem to think they are required to do.

You left out the various other tidbits of chat and posts you have made about your personal agenda, such as:
    Code:
    [13:53:34] <Run_Away> I know you dont care about the politics
    [13:53:53] <Run_Away> I wanted your opinion on the ethics of collecting mac addresses
    [13:55:06] <Run_Away> personally I am against it although many could care less because its essentially worthless 
    [13:55:50] <kjLotus> why even ask me
    [13:56:17] <kjLotus> i don't care what people do with their servers
    [13:56:27] <kjLotus> what am i gonna do? write them an angry letter?
    [13:56:51] <Run_Away> because you are the lead dev of dsp and if you had any adverse feeling about it they are using a dsp copyrighted item to do so
    [13:57:20] <kjLotus> that doesn't give me any power over them
    [13:58:08] <Run_Away> I know that I was not about to ask you to go to them and ask them to stop because we all know that means nothing
    [13:58:43] <nasomi> why would you consider it unethical?
    [13:59:01] <nasomi> you collect their ip address
    [13:59:17] <nasomi> which could be used to actually identify them by authorities
    [13:59:21] <Run_Away> just the part about concealing their intentions of modifying xiloader to collect it
    You got banned for being an asshat and now you are crying like a baby across several forums because they have something your server doesn't. Not surprised. For someone that has done nothing but steal code and put his name all over it, including xiloader, it is fairly funny to see you crying about copyrights.

Your personal opinions on what they do literally mean nothing to anyone.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

But did he ninja lot Ridill?

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And there's the mic drop we all knew was coming!

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    But did he ninja lot Ridill?
    QM e.body or bust.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    QM e.body or bust.
    Naw it's always much more satisfying to warp them out after they have what is probably a winning lot... or just right before the kill lol.