1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Is there any chance they can make the game more like FFXI?

can we get some utsusemi:ichi and ni?

also can the open world be filled with dangerous mobs where you can't simply just run away from?

Can he make the game more like XI?

xp parties were fun...

Can he get rid of duty finder?

what is the point of having aol instant messenger since this is a solo game with DF? the only thing people ever talk about in the aol instant messenger is about how they miss ffxi?

What i'm trying to say is... can he make the game more like xi where you have to make friends and connections with people? I get bored after an hour of playing FFXIV

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Could always go play xi

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Could always go play xi
    Lol i miss you Fievel

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Please ask Yoshida why the dye for both the replica high allagan healing and fending sets aren't like the ones we see on Doga and Unei.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Are there any plans to expand on Gold Saucer Chocobo Racing? Any new pedigree tiers? New courses?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can they make interacting with a gathering node be considered 'entering combat' as far as cross bars is concerned? Swapping to a specific crossbar when entering combat is great on an actual job, but the setting is an all or nothing setting and you're stuck on your non-combat crossbar on a gathering job.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ballin View Post
    Is there any chance they can make the game more like FFXI?

can we get some utsusemi:ichi and ni?

also can the open world be filled with dangerous mobs where you can't simply just run away from?

Can he make the game more like XI?

xp parties were fun...

Can he get rid of duty finder?

what is the point of having aol instant messenger since this is a solo game with DF? the only thing people ever talk about in the aol instant messenger is about how they miss ffxi?

What i'm trying to say is... can he make the game more like xi where you have to make friends and connections with people? I get bored after an hour of playing FFXIV
    Sounds like you need to go looking elsewhere.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'd be interested in knowing what he thinks about the balance between the three tank classes and and a rough idea of what his plans are to balance WAR/DRK/PLD going into 4.0. Also really keen to know more about these combat system changes they keep mentioning but I doubt he's willing to talk about those in any kind of detail yet.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing what he thinks about the balance between the three tank classes and and a rough idea of what his plans are to balance WAR/DRK/PLD going into 4.0. Also really keen to know more about these combat system changes they keep mentioning but I doubt he's willing to talk about those in any kind of detail yet.
    I doubt we're going to even get anything of any substance out of this, if leddit is anything to go by.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...p_soon_rffxiv/

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Maybe, but that thread did remind me of another question I'd really like answered.

As a colour-blind player, WHY THE FUCK CAN I STILL NOT CHANGE DANGER ZONE COLOURS? They made a fucking sound synthesizer for deaf players but I still can't see where not to stand in half of all encounters because the fucking floors are always red.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Because it is absolutely savage.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I doubt this was submitted in time, but who knows. I also posted this in one of the reddit threads asking for questions, but i doubt it'll be seen, buried with all the people asking for umbrite nerfs.

Has there been any thought about introducing one button for combo chains for combo users like certain other MMOs have? For instance, Impulse Drive (ID) -> Disembowel -> Chaos Thrust (CT) all being on one button. When you use ID, the icon on that same button changes to Disembowel, then when you use Disembowel, it changes to CT, then back to ID once CT is used or the combo times out? This change alone would save 4 buttons in any setting for jobs that have two different combos. Tanks would possibly need a different starter ability to differentiate between their dps and enmity combos for this though, but that would be a minimal change I would think.

I'm curious about this as they did bring up concerns about the number of abilities. If they did not consider this at all, I feel this would be a massive oversight that could reduce the number of buttons for many users.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    I doubt this was submitted in time, but who knows. I also posted this in one of the reddit threads asking for questions, but i doubt it'll be seen, buried with all the people asking for umbrite nerfs.

Has there been any thought about introducing one button for combo chains for combo users like certain other MMOs have? For instance, Impulse Drive (ID) -> Disembowel -> Chaos Thrust (CT) all being on one button. When you use ID, the icon on that same button changes to Disembowel, then when you use Disembowel, it changes to CT, then back to ID once CT is used or the combo times out? This change alone would save 4 buttons in any setting for jobs that have two different combos. Tanks would possibly need a different starter ability to differentiate between their dps and enmity combos for this though, but that would be a minimal change I would think.

I'm curious about this as they did bring up concerns about the number of abilities. If they did not consider this at all, I feel this would be a massive oversight that could reduce the number of buttons for many users.

Yeah they really need to do something like that. In addition to getting rid of ability bloat. You can do PLDs entire rotation with 2 buttons and have room to add a new WS.

A (Fast) > A (Savage) > A (Halone)
    A (Fast) > A (Savage) > B (Royal)
    A (Fast) > B (Riot) > B (Goring)
    A (Fast) > B (Riot) > A (New Skill)

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Yeah they really need to do something like that. In addition to getting rid of ability bloat. You can do PLDs entire rotation with 2 buttons and have room to add a new WS.

A (Fast) > A (Savage) > A (Halone)
    A (Fast) > A (Savage) > B (Royal)
    A (Fast) > B (Riot) > B (Goring)
    A (Fast) > B (Riot) > A (New Skill)
    I guess I forgot about the new HW skill PLD obtained. I was thinking more along these lines:

Fast -> Savage -> Halone
    New starter 1 -> Riot -> Goring
    New starter 2 -> Savage or new -> Royal

6 buttons seperately down to 3 combo buttons for PLD with the method I stated. But your suggestion is interesting too. It would condense it down to two combo buttons that sometimes alternate depending on chosen skill. Either one of our methods would work and be extremely helpful. Mine I guess wouldn't really help with ability bloat, but if it's with combo buttons, you won't ever notice the extra abilities anyway. Unless some people just adamantly refuse to use combo buttons.

Ask him if he'd implement a instance lockout timer like in WoW. Since this is the only thing that could possibly fix the farming issues in the game right now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    Ask him if he'd implement a instance lockout timer like in WoW. Since this is the only thing that could possibly fix the farming issues in the game right now.
    Farming issues?

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Farming issues?
    I just meant black mage gil farming for rmt. Easiest way to stop it and gil selling would just be a 5 dungeons an hour lockout for any instance you get gil from. Same thing WoW implemented.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Punishes regular players too much, doesn't provide enough of a wall to the gilfarmers. They make their money in many other ways and they're always gonna find another exploit.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They'd probably just wind up using bought/stolen accounts to gain the ability to farm shit like Deepeye Tears in Heavensward areas more, if such an impediment existed. Based on secondhand info, on Midgardsormr there was a BLM bot under the terrain blowing up Deepeyes for awhile before they moved on to something more lucrative.

Pretty sure there's at least one or two of them with access to Legendary nodes too, if the mining/gathering animations from under the terrain are RMT. They probably have more of them if that's the case, since there's doubtlessly a bunch of abandoned/for sale accounts from the substantial attrition of subs during Heavensward.

oh great, I sure love responding to these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Punishes regular players too much, doesn't provide enough of a wall to the gilfarmers.
    Does gil even drop in Grubal hard? Because that's the only thing I can think of being a problem. I mean the easiest thing would just to take out gil drops from older dungeons but I'm sure that punishes players too or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    They make their money in many other ways and they're always gonna find another exploit.
    Do they really? It seems like instance botting is generally the preferred method. Materia farming isn't really viable now. I guess shards and crystals? Though those bots will always have more reports against them so they probably don't prefer that.

I don't really keep up on this but instance farming puts gil directly in your pocket. You don't have to list things and wait for them to sell, you don't have to expose yourself, almost everyone I know of who bots for gil uses dungeons. Also almost every server has tons of BLM bots on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    They'd probably just wind up using bought/stolen accounts to gain the ability to farm shit like Deepeye Tears in Heavensward areas more, if such an impediment existed. Based on secondhand info, on Midgardsormr there was a BLM bot under the terrain blowing up Deepeyes for awhile before they moved on to something more lucrative.

Pretty sure there's at least one or two of them with access to Legendary nodes too, if the mining/gathering animations from under the terrain are RMT. They probably have more of them if that's the case, since there's doubtlessly a bunch of abandoned/for sale accounts from the substantial attrition of subs during Heavensward.
    Well sure. Just because eliminating one of the most prolific and common methods of botting gil doesn't remove all methods of botting gil isn't an actual counter point. Also this worked pretty well in WoW. My honest guess is that they have some instance timer lock out right now but no legitimate player will notice it because it's five instances every 20 minutes or something like that?

Anyway I want to know if they thought about putting an instance lock out timer to deal with this problem, other people want to know about butt sliders. I've heard every argument about the futility of fighting RMT from the subreddit already.