1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seigfried Folles
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be interviewing Yoshi-P soon. What do you want to see asked?

Hey everyone! Like the title says, I'm going to be interviewing Yoshi-P in a few short weeks at PAX East about Stormblood. While I have my own questions planned out, I'd love to hear what the BG community thinks is important. I remember all of the awesome collaborative efforts throughout the FFXI/Sage Sundi days, and would love bring BG into the fold through this opportunity I have. I promise not to ask about cheese sandwiches.

Feel free to just raise a general issue you'd like to see addressed or submit an actual question that you don't mind me potentially using. I'll definitely note in the interview who submitted it if I use it [unless you don't want me to, just please make a note of that if so]

I can't/don't want to promise that every question/issue mentioned here will be brought up during the interview but I will definitely be taking your input seriously when forming my questions as ultimately this is an interview for FFXIV fans/community/players (like myself). Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Clarification if Samurai will have their own armor set beyond their AF3 would be awesome. (Or if all 61+ armor will be shared with Monk)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'd like to know about Itemization going forward.

I doubt they will branch out in terms of available stats, but what about 3 stats on gear, or higher caps for secondaries with gear at the same ilvl.

ex.

Tome i350 120 crit 80 det
    Diadem i350 135 crit 88 det
    24 man i350 135 crit 88 det 135 SS
    Raid i350 150 crit 95 det 150 SS

DoTs display fix as others have stated. I should 100% be able to at least see my own DoTs, it makes BRD/SMN especially annoying to play.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is RDM meant to fill a support party slot? Or is its sole purpose to DPS?

For example will the job have some kind of party buff abilities and MP regeneration to allow it as an alternative to MCH and BRD?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...p_soon_rffxiv/

Reddit thread he posted. I'm looking at it for questions to boost signal here.
    Is there any chance of creating a public test server prior to the expansion where players can try out the various jobs at the new level cap and give feedback on potential bugs and balance issues?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I kinda wonder if they imagine combat becoming more static positional wise (like in 3.x they put bard on wm and blm on leylines) or if they want it to see more moving around (like stance dancing bard or smn) [I don't know blm very well, so forgive me if I miss something there].

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

What is his favorite sake or does he prefer to drink something else?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Is he ever going to do anything about players cheating like he said he would?

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...-Speed-Exploit

Will he ever think about including some challenging content (Savage level) during the inbetween patches - currently you've only got an Extreme Primal and 24 man raid which are fairly tame difficulty wise.

When is he going to make casters great again?

Do they plan on changing the weekly cap for tomes to be:
    a) Rolling (so the cap increases each week)
    b) Per job (so that people are encouraged to switch classes per fight and not be at a disadvantage during progression)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Seconding the cast speed exploit stuff.

Would like some hard confirmation on what will happen to Accuracy and Parry in the expansion too, rather than just maybe it'll be changed or maybe it'll be removed. If they're removed, what will pieces with Accuracy or Parry currently be given to compensate?

When will they fix the stupid visible-DoT limit on bosses, especially in 24 mans? This becomes a bigger concern if they start doing 24 man trials more, like Proto Ultima.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Third it here as well. Bonus points of you include the words "Count Brusef of Adamantoise" "Ranked Feast" "2 second Fire 4s"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Non-serious:

Will we see any cross overs for non FF SE games(Ex. Nier), or mobile games(Exvius, Mobius, RK) within FFXIV? Are there any plans to return the favor to Sega for a PSO2 cross over?

Semi-serious:

What downfalls do you feel the current tanks have(specifically towards PLD)? What types of issues will you be addressing? Could you provide any specifics on types of abilities we would be looking towards? *I'd be curious to see what Yoshi's ideal vision is for tanks, while most career paladins can name off numerous issues I would like to see his take on what the issues are that he is seeing*

While ultimately the yes and no fall on you in regards to abilities that go in the game, are there any job/role leads on the team? Is there a person who handles tanks, one whom handles healers, and another for DPS?

Could you reverse CD on cleric's stance so it goes on CD after you deactivate it. *I find myself double clicking a lot when in panic mode since I'm a shitty healer. >.> The issue has never been going into DPS mode, mainly getting out of it.*

Supa-serious

Will we ever see a tackle box?
    Could we have an end of dungeon splash screen, similar to pvp, for damage done, kills, deaths, healing done?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Will we ever be able to go out on our balcony? There's a door for it inside the house but it's non-functional...should be just like going back into the housing zone through the main door. It's stupid to have to stack yard furniture to get up there D:

Could info on node pop times be added in the gathering log for BTN/MIN, and times fish are available(and which bait to catch them with) for FSH?
    I know the internet does this fine for people now, but it's kind of silly not to have the info available in-game after you've collected it once. From an immersion standpoint, your character should "remember" the pop time after collecting from the node once, and also "remember" which bait you used to catch a fish. The gathering log currently only tells you whether you've collected something before and what region it comes from. I don't see why it shouldn't be expanded with more info.

And the most serious question: will the glamour system ever get a revamp to make it so everything you have ever spiritbonded once is available to glamour through an interface without having to actually KEEP the gear?
    (I know they probably won't do this because it incites people to do dungeons, crafters to craft certain things, and SE makes too much bank off all the extra retainers people have to keep for this purpose, but it's still AWFULLY NICE to dream about it)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only serious to me and few others, but future relics are they going to be tied to an achievement per weapon per stage like 3.x or one achievement per stage just once in 2.x? Really it's taken so much effort to get it all done I want to be able to do other things in the game other than grind my life out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ask him what happened to user created addon support that they were suppose to have.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Ask him what happened to user created addon support that they were suppose to have.
    They said on a patch live letter awhile back (3.3?) that it was delayed to 4.0, and to not expect much from it. I expect it to be no more than just adjusting icon graphics of the UI.

I just want to know why they aren't recycling existing areas/enemies/etc to create new content types out of it, instead of constantly pouring resources into new environment tiles which get used twice at most, and follow the same pattern every time. For example, Diadem didn't need an entire zone made for it, it could have easily been Dynamis'd versions of the otherwise barely-used Heavensward zones.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Because they don't want to do ANYTHING that XI did. ANYTHING.

(except SAM)

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If development is unable to return to 3 dungeons per patch, would it be possible to have EX Roulette consist of the 4 most recent dungeons (current patch + previous patch), for the sake of somehow increasing variety.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Only serious to me and few others, but future relics are they going to be tied to an achievement per weapon per stage like 3.x or one achievement per stage just once in 2.x? Really it's taken so much effort to get it all done I want to be able to do other things in the game other than grind my life out.
    FFXIAH achievement points baby!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

Could info on node pop times be added in the gathering log for BTN/MIN, and times fish are available(and which bait to catch them with) for FSH?
    I know the internet does this fine for people now, but it's kind of silly not to have the info available in-game after you've collected it once. From an immersion standpoint, your character should "remember" the pop time after collecting from the node once, and also "remember" which bait you used to catch a fish. The gathering log currently only tells you whether you've collected something before and what region it comes from. I don't see why it shouldn't be expanded with more info.

)

This x1000000000000. The current logs are useless beyond unlocking fish/items.

Without using a website fishing for Big Fish is near impossible as well.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Having an in game interface that has a timer on the nodes and when they are available is something I have been dying to have. I dislike having to have a website open to ping me, give me some sort of notification moogle that pops up saying "Hey (username), (item) is available in (zone), kupo!" even if we only have 2 - 4 notification slots it would make me so happy to have.