+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Eh, just some butthurt over the boobdragon and the boy. They made it sound way worse than it is.

Otherwise, I see Demi more focusing on the potential differences in lifestyle because of the girls, while Maid tries to balance more between them and Kobiyashi, with gags here going way more over the top because magic fixes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Eh, just some butthurt over the boobdragon and the boy. They made it sound way worse than it is.

Otherwise, I see Demi more focusing on the potential differences in lifestyle because of the girls, while Maid tries to balance more between them and Kobiyashi, with gags here going way more over the top because magic fixes everything.
    If you don't think booblady and little boy is gross I dunno what to think. Not only from a conceptual view but just looking at the way they draw them and the jokes they tried to make? Shit was awful and just not funny, nor was it cute or charming. The fact the show thinks it's a good idea is telling.

Aside from that obvious shit part, the rest of the characters and jokes just weren't that funny or interesting. The characters never really developed once they reached their spot (they just repeat the same jokes over and over again).

Also what's with that girl who gets an obvious lady boner for touching the other little girl? Like is this the shit we're OK with now? So much wrong with that show aside from it just not being that funny.

Demi-chan just does the shit right, while also being cute and charming. It doesn't try to hard and is interesting. Dragon Maids is just the usual moe-blob shit except they have massive boobs because reasons. They tease you with substance and instead just shove unfunny jokes and boobs in your face.

If you're watching just for boobs, I'm pretty sure you can do better. But then again, it also fills that purpose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haven't watched much it yet but sounds like a lot of the general hate is finding certain parts of it distasteful and kind of coloring the rest from there. Either way shouldn't this be the winter anime thread or we just plusing to get off page one lol?

Shota or loli isn't my bag, but let's not pretend they're the point of the show. Otherwise, Lucoa is probably the biggest trickster of the lot, but she also happens to employ that frequently through her human form. Seduction is just one of those ways she picks on humans, even if by taboo means, and ultimately trying to judge her by human standards is overlooking the fact they literally came from another world/dimension.

Personally, I can't really explain the schoolgirl, myself. Is that how young lesbians behave? Beats the fuck out of me. Kana also winds up my least favorite dragon of the bunch because she has zero personality to speak of, which also makes the kid's interest that much more awkward if going beyond aesthetic appeal.

Either way, the dragons are technically the more potentially monstrous characters of either show, between their ability to change forms and various magic at their disposal. Such is displayed by my earlier mentioned over-the-top gags like them playing dodgeball. I'd argue Demi approached its girls like the fact that their monster traits are more like a medical condition, thus a need to treat them differently and/or learn. Takehashi's role as a science teacher also conveniently further emphasized that, while Kobiyashi is basically some kind of accountant or something suddenly exposed to things way outside her depth. They're not even trying to be the same shows, but at the same, do reflect how people might react in their own ways.

Of course, if big tits offend you, there's not much words can do to curb the inner prude.

Either way shouldn't this be the winter anime thread or we just plusing to get off page one lol?
    Kinda sorta? Admittedly, it's too early to talk about any of the new shows since none of 'em have actually aired yet.

Shota or loli isn't my bag, but let's not pretend they're the point of the show. Otherwise, Lucoa is probably the biggest trickster of the lot, but she also happens to employ that frequently through her human form. Seduction is just one of those ways she picks on humans, even if by taboo means, and ultimately trying to judge her by human standards is overlooking the fact they literally came from another world/dimension.
    None of what you said about her is actually a problem (or bad) until you get to execution. They way they portray her, have her interact with people and act in general is nothing special or interesting. Certainly doesn't display much (or any) of the things you just wrote, which would've been good. But that's a general problem with all the characters, Lucoa is just the most disgusting of the bunch because of the shota shit. They play it off naturally but the fact no one thought it was weird, creepy or just wrong is more hilarious than any of the jokes I saw.

And yes, Loli/Shota isn't part of the show, it's just a thing they added so they could appeal to all the pervs, not just the normal ones.

Personally, I can't really explain the schoolgirl, myself. Is that how young lesbians behave? Beats the fuck out of me. Kana also winds up my least favorite dragon of the bunch because she has zero personality to speak of, which also makes the kid's interest that much more awkward if going beyond aesthetic appeal.

Either way, the dragons are technically the more potentially monstrous characters of either show, between their ability to change forms and various magic at their disposal. Such is displayed by my earlier mentioned over-the-top gags like them playing dodgeball. I'd argue Demi approached its girls like the fact that their monster traits are more like a medical condition, thus a need to treat them differently and/or learn. Takehashi's role as a science teacher also conveniently further emphasized that, while Kobiyashi is basically some kind of accountant or something suddenly exposed to things way outside her depth. They're not even trying to be the same shows, but at the same, do reflect how people might react in their own ways.

Of course, if big tits offend you, there's not much words can do to curb the inner prude.
    Those parts were cool, but it also pisses me off because Kyoani is capable of great things but they waste production on stupid shit. (Hey, if this is all just funds to make FMP Season 3 fucking amazing then they should tell me now and this show gets an automatic pass.) It's also maybe because of magic that shit that was supposed to be shocking or exciting ultimately wasn't, because they could just magic away any complicated problems or questions (or just not answer or even think about them). It didn't feel like much of an adjustment for any of the characters to make and the main girl didn't at all change from the stuff I watched. Her problems or worries kinda brushed over so all you have is like 12 episodes of a very shallow relationship.

In general it was just too safe (probably cuz mass appeal). The opposite of that is what I feel Demi-chan accomplished, their traits were explored and "debunked" or "proven" you saw how they dealt with it, their emotional state and how they came to rely on each other and grow closer (not only with other demis, but the other kids too). You saw all their worries etc and I could go into it more but it doesn't really matter. Good characters, good development. Oh and on the subject of boobs, Sakie's are great.

But don't get me wrong, if you watch it for cute characters, jokes (humour is always subjective) or tits then go for it. I wouldn't expect anyone to watch Lucky Star with the hopes of a good story or character progression, this is pretty much the same.

I dunno, Kobayashi kinda went from your typical worker JP drone with the one co-worker friend to sorta being the mother of a dysfunctional family. Yeah, she maintained a level head throughout most of the series, but when I stop to consider how many anime characters act like total derps in other shows, it's at least appreciated.

Obviously, Takahashi is also pretty chill, and they're largely examples of adults done right. Granted, his fitness level kinda came off as Gary Stu'ing since it rarely seemed like he'd have time to hit the gym, but that's a pretty minor quibble all said and done. When/if Demi does a second season, I fear they're gonna have to add some additional girls, though. Aside from the succubus, I'd say they covered most of the quirks decently enough even if the one where he took Machi to his scientist friend was sorta groan inducing at times.

Oh I didn't mean Kobayashi, I was talking about the dragon-maid herself (her name escapes me, I should've been specific lol). Kobayashi developed pretty much how you said which wasn't bad but again, just shallow. Her character was never that funny or interesting but that's the price you pay for being an ordinary straight man, definitely the least offensive of the bunch.

And Demi-chan season 2 would definitely need more girls but it also could do more about general discrimination and prejudice. Or focus on their lives outside of school or even afterwards (or demi's that happen to work etc). The show has a definite "solve my problem feel" which I think you mentioned but a lot of problems don't have solutions, or at least easy/immediate ones. It might have been a bit more fun if their traits were more pronounced/troublesome but that's just me. And yeah, less hard-core science nerd shit about time and space would be welcome, or at least not as eye rolling as that lol.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't know all the non Succubus parts of Demi chan fell straight into 7/10 category for me. I just couldn't manage to enjoy it as much as you guys.

I wouldn't 10/10 them, either. I think the Machi parts were usually better of the 3, with the snow girl the worst. But I'd also say that's directly relative to screen time. Any time I mention feels, though, it's usually from Takahashi's perspective since I'm a dude in my 30's, too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For what it's worth, I thought they both were full trash.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll def be watching AoT S2.

I enjoyed Rage of Bahamut when it aired, so I'll probably check out season 2. Along with Granblue Fantasy, even though I know nothing about the gacha

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

All you need to know is titties and dragons

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"Sakura Quest" have been on my list since it was announced. Studio P.A. Works seems to be aiming for another Shirobako but this time on tourism industry in Japan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Along with Granblue Fantasy,
    Is the delay finally over? Shit was supposed to be last season but all we got was like 1-2 episodes

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Crunchyroll cut off the post-ED stuff from the final episode of Gintama, so here it is in case you haven't seen it:

https://my.mixtape.moe/lbmgcp.mp4

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Is the delay finally over? Shit was supposed to be last season but all we got was like 1-2 episodes
    Yeah they delayed it but released first 2 ep

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Crunchyroll cut off the post-ED stuff from the final episode of Gintama, so here it is in case you haven't seen it:

https://my.mixtape.moe/lbmgcp.mp4
    "If the movie is a hit please give 800million yen to the anime" lol.

...I'm not looking forward to the live action movie ._.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Kyousogiga TV series Ep1-10(re-watch)

Finished the final episode today. I was quite a fan of the previous 5 online shorts for this series, What was interesting about the franchise is how they've been revising the content and expanding on it instead of making sequels. As such, it's not surprising that the TV series here is a massive expansion of both the content in the original OVA and the subsequent shorts, along with original new content. This time they reassembled everything in a chronological narrative with a proper story which actually begins and ends. Overall a very enjoyable, surprisingly touching, and unique show.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Little Witch Academia Ep 13 Preview
    second cour starts next week with Ep14. unknown when Netflix will release first season in other regions(Japan Netflix exclusive right now).

Spoiler: show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Season 4 PV(Summer Season)

My body is ready.