+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Neat. Don't think I'll do it but... neat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's just me nitpicking but the Captain monologues are too long. I like that they are all personalized and what not but it's a bit much for me.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Definitely wish there was an option to skip thru them, especially when a Captain sneaks up mid fight and you're just stuck for like 20-30 seconds waiting to fight again.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I recruited Kumail orc into my army and he ended up showing up out of nowhere to save me and killed the orc that was about to get the kill shot on me. He goes "Sooooooo....you probably didn't see this coming. But that's what friends are supposed to do! I think. I'm kind of new to this kind of stuff. Anyways, byeeeeee!"

Wat

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lmao. Can't wait. We got Orcs turning Tsundere in did bitch

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Aw man. Wish I had dominate before I ran into Kumail. He dead ;(

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Aw man. Wish I had dominate before I ran into Kumail. He dead ;(
    Thanks to the Nemesis system, they can always come back. You might have to use the Advance Time option a few times but they eventually cycle back.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Brother ran into this "(Name) The Unashamed" dude, legendary, too high level for him. Shame him, leveled him down, and he ran of course. Found him again, yapping about how he wears the mark of shame with pride, he subdues and recruits him.

About 20 minutes later same dude betrays him at his base, so he ends up having to kill him.

Comes back from the dead about 20 minutes later, so my brothers kills him again, cutting off his arm and leg.

Now he goes and trains some Ogre guy through like 5 Hunting missions, and in the 5th one "Unshamed" guy shows up AGAIN, ALIVE, STILL, IN A GODDAMN IRON MASK LOOKING SET UP and so my brother tries to kill him but the Ogre he is with then BETRAYS HIM as well because this Unshamed guy was his Blood brother and he has to kill them BOTH.

At least he kept dropping his Legendary Bow

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

This game is so much fun

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It really is. I find it more interesting how much it's getting shit on though

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The microtransactions/real money loot boxes are fucking worthless (especially if you hop on the Online Vendetta gravy train)and if you're playing on PC and still crying about Denuvo you need to rethink your priorities in life.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I haven't actually started playing yet but I would assume that PC players would find a way (if they haven't already) to hack the shit out of the lootboxes. I still remember the ME3 lootbox hacks back a few years ago.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The microtransactions/real money loot boxes are fucking worthless (especially if you hop on the Online Vendetta gravy train)and if you're playing on PC and still crying about Denuvo you need to rethink your priorities in life.
    Fam, I didn't know this was a thing till I started seeing all the hate. And the hate is so misguided.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Fam, I didn't know this was a thing till I started seeing all the hate. And the hate is so misguided.

Ain't talking about the hate part but I'm genuinely curious how did you not know it was a thing lol, theres advertisements for them in the pause menu with the Season Pass, and you enter the marketplace when you open a Lootbox (which you earn during some quests)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh, let me clarify. I knew of the microtransactions. Had no idea about the anti-pirating company and their global hate. Plus, I glance read a lot of things in the game. If it looks an ad in any way, shape, or form, I float right by it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Oh, let me clarify. I knew of the microtransactions. Had no idea about the anti-pirating company and their global hate. Plus, I glance read a lot of things in the game. If it looks an ad in any way, shape, or form, I float right by it.

Oh the Denuvo thing? Yah, I have 0 clue what that is too.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty sure that the only reason people harp on Denuvo so much is because it let's them justify to themselves that it's cool to steal games they could easily afford.

The only time you would ever even notice it exists is when you're without internet for an extended period of time (like a week plus, or even a month in some cases). To be fair I'll find myself in that situation when I transfer to my next unit and have to get underway (at which point I'll be grateful there are hacked versions of the game available for me) but it's never something that would stop me from paying for a game. As is I'm pretty sure Denuvo is on it's deathbed at this point, since games with it are getting hacked in a day or less now. So all the pirates will have to find some other mental loophole.

I totally get that some people don't like DRM out of principle, but the degree to which people have made Denuvo out as some great Satan (when it's one of the most transparent DRMs we've ever had to deal with) just boggles my mind.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All the bullshit surrounding this game and people are whining about Denuvno. I really do feel for anyone that plays this on console though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

why? The only downside I can see is it's not graphically as intense and sound immersion as good (although this is subject to how your home setup is for both console and pc).

Unless of course I'm missing something else.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I play on PS4 and nothing graphically bothers me. The speakers in the PS4 controller are something I prefer over wearing a headset. It was pretty creepy when I got to the haunted forest place in Act 2 and those creepy sounds were coming out of the controller.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast