+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I just played this again too, before the 2nd or Destiny came out because I couldn't remember the story at all

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finished the first one last night. The final boss is a quick time event. Wat.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released a new video for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, showcasing the Feral tribe, a faction of Orcs who revere the fearsome beasts of Mordor, feeding on the strength of these vicious creatures as inspiration for their own acts of savagery. In Shadow of War, Orcs now belong to tribes, which extend their influence stemming from the Overlords ruling the mighty fortresses throughout the open world, providing a rich ecosystem of missions, exploration and a dynamic Orc society with diverse Orc cultures, all brought to life through the expanded Nemesis System. Feral Orcs live among the graugs, caragors, drakes and other monsters when they can, while adorning their clothing and armor with trophies from the beasts they've hunted. In battle, the Feral tribe is also infamous for roaring, snarling and rending flesh with a ferocity that rivals any caragor.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Which pack are you guys getting? It's about a month away and I'm undecided.

Also just learned for those that actually used the Nemesis Forge (not me) you can carry over both you Nemesis and Follower.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I grabbed the Gold when it was 30% off a number of months back but it's not necessary. If I were buying today I'd grab the standard edition for 35% off at greenman, at this point the single loot chest doesn't look like it's going to be super valuable, especially if you don't play PvP. Season pass will always be cheaper down the road if you want it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was mainly concerned about the expansions since I haven't seen mention of their availability post launch and their cost. Was thinking along the lines that if the price went up post launch and I could have saved a few coins by preorder then I'd be pissed.

I wasn't even aware of them. The 2 that I alternate between didn't and don't have specifically US listings. The last time I got a preorder from an EU server it didn't work and I was stuck.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

It's unlikely that the cost of the season pass goes up post launch, but then again it's WB who has the final say so definitely can't say with absolute confidence.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

WB says the dead guy DLC is gonna be free for everyone and they'll just make a donation to his family rather than tie a donation to DLC sales.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Which is what they should have done from the damn beginning. Terrible idea to forward that cost to customers involuntarily. Could have given him a special character in-game to forever commemorate him and donated a portion of proceeds to the family up to a cap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gameplay news revealed from a reviewer with a kind of spoiler, though if you know LOTR lore it won't really be a spoiler:
    Over the course of the game, you end up taking several fortresses from Sauron's forces and installing your own loyal orc army. After completing the main story quest, the endgame consists of Sauron launching a counter offensive against you and trying to retake the fortresses, which you must now defend.

In the multiplayer, there is "friendly" and "ranked" modes. Friendly mode has people invading your fortresses in an attempt to take them. If successful, they will be awarded loot boxes but your orcs will not be killed permanently. If you choose to play ranked, however, orc deaths will be permanent.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Gameplay news revealed from a reviewer with a kind of spoiler, though if you know LOTR lore it won't really be a spoiler:
    Over the course of the game, you end up taking several fortresses from Sauron's forces and installing your own loyal orc army. After completing the main story quest, the endgame consists of Sauron launching a counter offensive against you and trying to retake the fortresses, which you must now defend.

In the multiplayer, there is "friendly" and "ranked" modes. Friendly mode has people invading your fortresses in an attempt to take them. If successful, they will be awarded loot boxes but your orcs will not be killed permanently. If you choose to play ranked, however, orc deaths will be permanent.
    I'm curious if the PvP will be a timed thing. Coming from the previous game, you didn't lose to an enemy unless you really wanted to. Not that they weren't challenging, it's just that the game was always set up in your favor.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

64GB title on PS4. 97.7GB title on PC. Yikes.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The install size alone will make people pirate it for repacks.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Got the notification a few hours ago that my copy has been shipped. Pretty excited

Also, the mobile game is pretty fun

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    64GB title on PS4. 97.7GB title on PC. Yikes.
    Holy fuck. Gotta get another SSD

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

My PC pre-load was 69 gb. Would need a 28 gb day 1 patch to reach that mark, seems unlikely.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The preload is compressed

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looking around at stuff on Steam and apparently the game unlocked early.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Yup, 92 gb all said and done and yes already unlocked. Played the first 10 minutes, planning on putting a few hours in tonight.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Looking around at stuff on Steam and apparently the game unlocked early.
    Yup. Playing now and it's really fun. Graphics are smooth with a 1070 so GG to anyone with 1070 2.0 or better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast