1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Controller issues     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Controller issues

Catchall topic for XIV controller issues bc I didn't see one.

I just upgraded to Win10 and ever since I installed the Scarlet Crush drivers for my DS3 controller, I've been having input lag with XIV. Some days it will be completely fine with no lag issues, and then something will cause it to start. Rebooting PC sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't. The specific lag issue is button pushes won't register at all, and analog input gets 'stuck' (so if I try to move character left, it will get stuck moving left for a few seconds).

I should mention it seems only XIV is having this problem - the controller works fine with no input lag on other games.

I've googled and see other people are having the problem, but mostly with bluetooth, which I'm not using. Most people mentioned it only happens to them on certain games, as well. Some of the fixes were to fiddle with the driver setting options, which I already did to no avail, and put the PC on high performance rather than balanced power mode. Still having the same issue, unfortunately. I'm not sure how to fix this, so I'm hoping someone who's already had a similar issue knows what's going on. XIV is unplayable when the controller is lagging like this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

SOLUTION: Disabling "Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator" under "Software devices" fixed the problem

Device Manager > Software Devices > Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator

I had a similar issue, here is the thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...em_to_resolve/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I fucking love you right now. Thanks so much. So far so good!