1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diadem Coven Weapon(s)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Source?

WD is part of the calculation for secondaries.
    It's why secondary weights change every patch where new great is available. Strictly you can't really use the weights outside of bis gearsets because a stat weight is the value of one extra of that stat.

If you want to compare gearsets, you need a DPS calculator

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Dervy's said as much, though it was more that the stat weight was (loose quotes) "determined through the average amount available for a gearset in a tier", and that "the weight goes up the more you invest in that stat". I don't recall a mention of WD though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Dervy's said as much, though it was more that the stat weight was (loose quotes) "determined through the average amount available for a gearset in a tier", and that "the weight goes up the more you invest in that stat". I don't recall a mention of WD though.
    If I remember correctly, Dervy's stat weights were based off the EN model of how damage works in this game, and that your WD ends up being a multiplier on your damage in the end.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Dervy calculates the best gearset based on a damage model for each class. He then works out weightings by:

Adding 1 extra int gives say 0.5% more dps. That becomes the baseline.

If 1 extra WD gives 5% extra dps, its weighting is 10 Int

if 1 extra crit gives 0.1% more dps, its weighting is 0.2Int

Now, given that pretty much all the stats affect each other, it means that they are only really accurate with the BiS, but they are fairly accurate if INT and WD remain the same. As WD and INT affect things more than secondaries, you shouldn't use stat weights to accurately compare gearsets with varying amounts of WD.

Plus, when you also look at Spellspeed/skillspeed tiers and breakpoints, that muddies the mix too.