Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

LOL

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Try sleeping in a different bed, or on your own.

If it happens only with her/him, or only in her bed, it's probably sleep anxiety of some kind.

It's not uncommon for your body to jerk when it's asleep or before falling asleep. Now if it happens regardless of who/where, you might have a deeper problem. Do you snore?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Try sleeping in a different bed, or on your own.

If it happens only with her/him, or only in her bed, it's probably sleep anxiety of some kind.

It's not uncommon for your body to jerk when it's asleep or before falling asleep. Now if it happens regardless of who/where, you might have a deeper problem. Do you snore?
    Tonight she came to visit then fell asleep on my bed. I dozed off soon after to let her rest before I took her home and it occurred twice. Looks like it has something to do with her. How strange... I don't sense any anxiety when we're together like this... Our relationship is a bit complicated but I am not dwelling or anything on it especially when we're together.

As for your other question, I don't snore.

I sometimes take medication to rest if I know I won't be able to fall asleep from anxiety. I don't have these hypnic jerks if I don't take the med, I just have trouble staying asleep or going to sleep. I don't have the anxiety when she is around either. One of the nights I recall taking the med and the hypnic jerks were significantly less I think.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Orgasm -> Sleep

Problem solved.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I would actually agree, unless sex is terrible. It seems like sleeping next to her is making you physically anxious.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

when I started sleeping with my gf I had a similar issue. I rarely got the hypnic jerk, but I would doze very lightly, never really resting.

I eventually realized it was because I was more focused on her presence than trying to sleep. I was constantly tuned to listen to her if she said something. I basically would fall asleep telling my brain "wake me up at the slightest noise" instead of "shut the fuck up and wake me at 7" like I normally do.

once I realized that, it was easy to just go back to what I had been doing. and if telling your brain what wake conditions you want makes no sense to you, I cant explain it very well. i just keep in mind the conditions i want.

gf has insomnia, gets hypnic jerks, and wakes up in the night. shes improved drastically since we started sleeping together. she thinks it's mostly psychological: she feels more comfortable, safer, with me there. the hypnic jerks get worse the longer she goes without sleep.

my conclusion: it's in your head bro. marshall your thoughts, control your mind. i like to think about a few specific things i noticed would help me drift off into inattention. usually mental puzzles: design a device that does this, combines that, etc. also choreographing fight scenes. find something that puts you to sleep and use it.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    choreographing fight scenes
    Bane is the star wars kid. It's all coming out now

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

you never imagined what it would look like if a galka sam/dnc took on an army of demons in beaucedine glacier?

my brain gets hbo AND plays cutscenes.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

this ain't a cutscene. press a

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    this ain't a cutscene. press a
    Fucking lol.

I sleep well with my GF. Not as well as solo tbh because I can sprawl like a fucking god on my awesome mattress when she isn't here.

I wasn't kidding about the orgasm before sleep situation. Get that done.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Tonight she came to visit then fell asleep on my bed. I dozed off soon after to let her rest before I took her home and it occurred twice. Looks like it has something to do with her. How strange... I don't sense any anxiety when we're together like this... Our relationship is a bit complicated but I am not dwelling or anything on it especially when we're together.

As for your other question, I don't snore.

I sometimes take medication to rest if I know I won't be able to fall asleep from anxiety. I don't have these hypnic jerks if I don't take the med, I just have trouble staying asleep or going to sleep. I don't have the anxiety when she is around either. One of the nights I recall taking the med and the hypnic jerks were significantly less I think.
    Stop taking earthquake pills.