BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BG-Wiki Gadgets     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG-Wiki Gadgets

I normally post most wiki stuff I do over on our offical BG Wiki thread on FFXIAH but I thought I should share this here to so others that might miss it don't...

So, since people have requested some features such as page titles not to include the Category part to show up at the front of the title. I have started working on adding "Gadgets" to the wiki.

You may be asking yourself what is a Gadget. Well its bit of JavaScript that isn't site wide. You get to select if its on or off for your personal account by default it is off.

The first gadget added I have added is Always Expand All because of this...
    Quote Originally Posted by "Verda" pid=3162033
    The BLU traits page is also really neat. I was wondering if I could put in a request though for a show all button, or even better user preference to not collapse content by default. For this page and the Nolan page etc, at least my own pref is just to have it show me everything...
    You can find Gadgets in User Preferences page.

Then my going to the new Gadgets tab.

Atm there is only the one but the next to be added will be the Category Title Rename requested by Martel and others followed by some others.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ragnarok.Martel" pid=3221231
    I'm not sure if this is something that can be done without actually changing the names of pages but....

I tend to keep several BGwiki category tabs open for quick reference. Th issue being that 'Category' is all you see in the tab, so you have to click individually to tell what category the tab is for.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...iki%20tabs.png

Is it possible to omit 'category:' from displaying on the page tab? I suspect not, but it's worth the asking!
    Also I know with Always Expand All turned on the Expand All button on those pages still by default starts in the Expand mode. I will correct this later to start in the Collapse form.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I added the above Category Title changer and the wikED Gadget. More info of wikED can be found here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikEd