+ Reply to Thread
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG Wiki February - March Update (2017)

February to March Changes

The Darvamos Fae Funk administration has been up to some real changes folks. Believe me, we had a ‘yuge’ month. The PP party- I mean BG party keeps on rolling as we bring in unpresidented quality enhancements to the people.

Along with a phenomenal team, we have the best team, great-great people, folks. Like BG Press Secretary Spicy, really stand up guy, great guy, always writes these updates out, everyone loves them, believe me, everyone. Not to mention head of BG Homeland Security, Oghami and other outstanding users making bigly changes, and putting BG First, outstanding, truly outstanding.

Spoiler: show

Wiki Changes
    (Images are Spoilered)

*More disambiguation and redirects. Random monster pages or categories were touched up.

*Information on how to unlock Empyrean Weaponskills is more accessible.

*Popular page links on the sidebar have been changed.

*In the name of science, and the organ pages were touched up, because we don’t give a fuck that its 2017.

*Omen and Omen Rewards pages were updated. Fae made a really awesome table.

*The Ou page is ready for action based on user feedback (mostly from AH.com) and personal experience.

*The item upgrade template may now optionally include an items icon. The used in synthesis template also has icons automatically added for the crafts.

*Items related to the creation of level 75 relics are all noted as used in the item upgrade now.

*The Monster Rearing page was visually updated to make it much more legible. You may notice several pages overall on the wiki now have little pictures, icons, etc.

*The Fame page on the wiki was updated.

*The battlefield template was redone and vastly improved from the previous piece of shit it was. This has been implemented on all the Microcosmic Orb fight pages, some Macrocosmic Orb fights, and the Campaign Fiesta fight pages.

*The Campaign header template was modernized.

*Various users added and updated guild points. Most GP items are tagged as such (look at tags at the bottom of the page) now even if they don’t have points listed.

*Loona is a ball buster and made me go back over all couple hundred BLU spell pages to add the type of monster past just the ecosystem.

*Byrth made various contributions, thanks for that Byrth.

*Funkworkz replaced the old description images on older items with the newer ones to create uniformity.

*More weaponskill information was added to the weapon category pages. You know, the list that has all WS, their description, mods, and SC properties. This will be finished by next update.

*Updates to the Escutheaons (Crafting Shields) page.

*Chiaia added AH categories to the item template.

*Pooty, Mudcake, and Funkworkz added more RoE information. Chiaia just redid the section today, it is now blue, but I think it looks really bad so we will see what happens.

*Oghami added all RoE Spark items sold by the RoE NPCs to their item pages.

*Oghami also added a Hydra Attestations table to the Relic Weapons page.

*More memees were added.

*Various other changes from all our editors. Thanks everyone.

Backend Changes
    *Ragns added new moderator privileges at the behest of Chia and the rest of us. All bureaucrats were removed and replaced.

*Chiaia added three “yuge”preference options for registered users via gadgets. These are accessed in the preferences section of your wiki account under Gadgets.

**Go-go-gadget Always Expand All - Expands all collapsed tables by default. This comes into play “bigly” on the Nolan and BLU Traits pages.

**wikED - While it doesn’t require you to take The Blue Pill it is a better text editor built in.

**Category Page Title Changer - Strips out “Category:” as the start for all of your tab titles.

Guide Changes

*Minor updates to Out of the BLU, mostly clean ups and adding the AF+2 and +3. Will work on it more eventually.

Join Us

*We would like to thank all of our users, followers, and contributors. As well as remind anyone that they are welcome to edit the wiki and join the team. :D

Iroha for Dissidia
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What I tried to do was update the BLU spell template myself to add the mob families as well as the mob type to make actually finding the spells easier, since only the general type like Plantoid were there - and once that template issue was taken care of, after the edit option for it got locked and I had to go talk about it on Discord, not only did I update several of the spell pages, I also updated mob category information for a few of them too - now dual-type elementals are in their own categories with their own TP moves, instead of having those listed in the general Elemental type category, not to mention corrections related to the origin of spells like Cesspool.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Loona View Post
    What I tried to do was update the BLU spell template myself to add the mob families as well as the mob type to make actually finding the spells easier, since only the general type like Plantoid were there - and once that template issue was taken care of, after the edit option for it got locked and I had to go talk about it on Discord, not only did I update several of the spell pages, I also updated mob category information for a few of them too - now dual-type elementals are in their own categories with their own TP moves, instead of having those listed in the general Elemental type category, not to mention corrections related to the origin of spells like Cesspool.
    Lol, this is why I call you a ball-buster.

The template was supposed to be locked in the first place. That fault is largely on my own for not making sure it was locked after I revised it awhile ago. But of course when you sporadically do 2 dozen out of 200 spells after pushing for a change to be made and I have to spend a long time going over the other all the other ones, then I would call you a ball buster.

It was a playful thing, and the update notes aren't everything that goes on in a month. I don't really record minor contributions to things in the update notes.

That being said, as always we do appreciate your efforts and contributions Loona, and I have in the past thanked you for helping make changes in the notes.