BG Level

omg lol that is something that would happen to me... more than once

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Been playing this recently, kalmodo hooked me up with a coupon code so I ended up getting it for 22 bucks and some change.

I gotta say this is the single best game of this game type I have ever played.

I deleted every other game like it off of my hard drive because I was confident after playing a few rounds that nothing else would satisfy the itch that this game scratches.

I deleted arma 2 and OA xpac: I used to play epoch and wasteland, quite a few other mods, but they're all clunky, you can shoot someone, and then they can turn around, shoot you, and then you both trade deaths. Super laggy netcode. Deleted arma 3 for the same reason, its runs even worse than arma 2

I deleted H1z1 too, while less clunky than the the arma mods, battlegrounds is simply better in every way for the battle royale game type.

I also deleted squad too - while squad is not the same game type at all, it is kind of open world sandboxy combat environment, though it is team based. Squad was fun for what it is but I haven't played it in a long time and now that I have BG I don't anticipate doing so.

So why? What makes this game so much better?

Responsive gun physics, when you shoot someone, the results are nearly instantaneous. I don't have to wait and hope they don't turn on me, if I get the drop on them chances are I get the kill and survive the encounter.

Many more gun attachements.

Simplified interface. When I change backpack, I don't have to take everything out of that pack and put it in the new one, it simply increases my storage space. There are several items that you can pick up that increase your inventory space.

It is so fucking easy and quick to queue with friends, and then drop into a game together. Your team mates are marked on the map and they have a little name tag and bubble on their head so you can see their location no matter where they are, even if you dont have line of sight on them. When you're in a squad, you have voice coms that are the equivalent of a radio - your team mates can hear you in game anywhere. However if you're using in game chat that local talk can be heard if a player is in your proximity. So they will only hear players talking that are in close proximity, not all of the players on your comms.

If you don't have a squad or a friend to play with you can queue for a duo or squad with automatching, and it will automatically place you in a duo or 4 man squad with other people that also chose to be auto matched. I have had one instance where this fucked us over and the extra person in our group tried to team kill us all, killed on of us, and then the other two of us rushed him at the same time.

So in summary, what makes this game so much better than every other game that has attempted this game type:
    It is simply more easily accessible in every respect, from queueing, to bullet mechanics, to movement, every single thing about this game is more polished and more responsive, and more intuitive than every other game in the genre.

This game gets super intense, highest finish has been 3rd, I did have a squad win but I was dead so that doesn't really count for a chicken dinner, since I didn't get to eat it... while.. I ate it.. but not the chicken dinner hah.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ubisoft to add PUBG-like modes to their games after it's revealed that they lost a significant chunk of their Rainbow 6 playerbase to PUBG
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/ubisoft...-games-3455625

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Haven't played R6 Siege, looks interesting, and I have enjoyed every other R6 game I have played. I still haven't bought siege yet though and I doubt I will, adding a battle royale to it is not going to attract me personally because I don't feel like you can do this game type better than battlegrounds did it unless you build a game from the ground up for this purpose like they did.

I doubt it will draw the player base that it lost to PUBG back to it, but I am not very familiar with the game so that is really just a guess and not much more.

ps - PUBG is one of the dumbest sounding acronyms for a game yet, but the game is fun as fuck so i can forgive that.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed going through the tutorial modes in R6, but after a handful of tries to play online having people scream into my headset or going crazy in chat I gave up.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I'm still addicted as fuck to PUBG. So much fun.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

been getting closer and closer to my first solo vs squad win. was in a great spot yesterday with a silenced 8x rifle and everyone fighting each other. but then the circle screwed me and put me in between the last two squads

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Watch your volume on this one.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Finally got my first chicken dinner. Hadn't played in well over a month, but decided to give it a try tonight as I didn't feel like playing Destiny or OW.

Feeling pumped about it. Got 6 kills, most of them at the end. First guy was just both of us spraying at each other, took him out to make top 10. Next guy I heard taking shots from almost right in front of me, so I crouch walked up and took him out. Next guy was proning up the hill, but I saw him and when I shot him twice he just kept crawling. Easy pease with AKM and a 4x. 4th place guy ran up on me and I drew faster than him to take him out. 3rd place guy was to my left facing the 2nd place guy. 2nd place guy took a shot at me which drew 3rd place guys attention, letting me pick him off from the side. 2nd place guy had to run for cover and I potato'd my aim. He started chucking nades, but I pushed up twice ahead of his nades. We got in to a back and forth peeking game, throwing shots at the sides of the trees we were taking cover behind. I threw a smoke to try to trick him out of cover and it worked, then just had to take him out since he wasn't behind cover. I took a screenshot (or at least I thought I did) with the Win + G thing, but can't find it. Going to bed on that high note.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

nice. how shaky were your hands lol

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I was feeling pretty shaky. I've gotten in second a fair number of times, but never won. I knew where the last guy was so I took a second to take some deep breaths, which is when he pushed for cover and I potato'd the shots.

When we were trading shots from behind trees I was pretty calm. Calm enough to think of tricking him with a smoke grenade. After I won I was doing some major fist pumping and quiet cheers cause wifey was already asleep in the room above me.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Finally got my chicken dinner.

Chicken dinner with 0 kills.

Pacifist win.

I was in a squad and survived til the end but didn't get a single kill. Shot at several people and made many call outs. Was just surprised I manage to get a win and not get a single kill. Felt kind of empty to be honest haha.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Finally got my chicken dinner.

Chicken dinner with 0 kills.

Pacifist win.

I was in a squad and survived til the end but didn't get a single kill. Shot at several people and made many call outs. Was just surprised I manage to get a win and not get a single kill. Felt kind of empty to be honest haha.
    I haven't played in months but enjoyed 3 or 4 chicken dinners my first week of playing the game. I think I had 2 combined kills across all wins.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

will our hero ever return

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

also don't shoot at me when i'm driving or i will pull the most road rage shit on you ever

https://clips.twitch.tv/HungryPlacidSnakeChefFrank

not sure how i can pull this off though

https://streamable.com/7x7dp

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

wow you are a much better driver than the days of yore. When did you start streaming?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

after i failed to record a solo vs squad game in which i destroyed on whole squad at a school, then another one that was trying to siege me in a house and i no scope kar98'd their entire team down

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Check out this guys pinned video... Ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/m0ron

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

basically i'm waiting in a garage checking out the circle and a uaz drives up. i gun two down but they're hidden so i can't finish them off and i'm out of scar bullets, with just the kar98 as my secondary. the red zone comes and i jump out into a nearby house and there's one box of green on the table, but only one, so i grab it and i hide in the door adjacent to the kitchen. sure enough they come through, and the first guy comes to my room so i spray him down. second guy is shooting at me and i don't have enough left so i'm like hmm well i'll just finish the guy on the ground and at least mess them up, right?

well something in my head made me go NAH so i ignored the first guy downed and crawling. i shot the kitchen guy, he strafed behind a wall, i ran up to him and noscoped him again and he died, i turned around and saw the other guy on my left and noscoped him once and i see the messages of all of them finally dying spam my screen. most nutty thing i've had happen to me so far in this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast