+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Been watching this game non-stop on Twitch for the last 3 days. Seems like the common theme for successful teams/squads is to camp the outskirts of the restriction circle and waste as much time/stock up/loot everything while away from all the action until other teams kill each other off. When there are like 20-25 people left, that's when the strategy and action get good.

I think they need to reward much more points for kills and less for rank.
    This is generally how it goes, yeah.

You can drop in where there are a ton of people and it'll make looting faster for you if you can kill them, but you also run the risk of dying very quickly. That's the trade off. Some people like to dive right in and have a deathmatch and see if they can come out on top and fully geared. This lets you push the circle and other people faster.

I've started to try to get a little more aggressive now because I feel like I need more practice aiming/spraying in fire fights rather than long distance battles. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're only going to see action when there's 20 people left.

LIRIK had a few good matches at the end of last week where he got 12, 14, 16, 17 kills and either won or was in top 10. It depends a lot of the ability of the player. Shroud and Summit teaming up is usually pretty good too. Shroud plays more aggressively than the general populace I'd say. Streamers like Sacriel and Shorty usually play more defensively and slower.

I think rewarding more points for kills is a good idea. I think it's like 10 points per kill, plus points for damage dealt. I think the idea is to balance out playing aggressively in a deathmatch-style, trying to stack 5+ kills at the start and looting people rather than places versus the slow approach where you may only get 4 kills total but be in the top 5.

Honestly, you could play this game either way. I just think most people can't successfully play the aggressive approach.

Oh. If you wanted to watch someone who plays super aggressive you can keep an eye out for Yung.Lunchbox. He's a pro R6 Siege player that plays this in the off time. He tries to stay on top of the Kill Rating board, aiming for at least 10 kills per match. He's usually only got 30 or so viewers so you may not usually see him on the list unless you do a lot of scrolling. I see him on a lot really early EST.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for Yung Lunchbox.

Yea, I spent all Sunday watching Sacriel as his team on my 2nd tv. Same strategy damn near everytime. Jump to where there are cars/boats. Take those cars to far ends or remote spots on the map. Loot up. Start pushing the circle, sticking to the outskirts. Granted, they won top squad 11+ times. Numerous top 10 finishes, but very defensive and slow pace until it got down to like 30ish people left in squads of 4. Had some great match endings though.

There should be in-game rewards for kills of 5, 10, 15, etc. Maybe a rare attachment, meds, weapon, or ability to revive a teammate at something crazy like 20 kills.

I don't like watching solo games because they have the potential to end too quickly. Cohh spends majority of his time collecting loot for 10-15 minutes just to die in his first firefight with 0 kills. He's entertaining and likable, so it's not that bad, but seeing all that time wasted is annoying. Nothing gets accomplished.

Is the leaderboard only available in-game? Can't seem to find a real-time leaderboard on the net.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I think it's only in-game, yeah. It's not really that extensive either. Shows the top 10 and your own rating in overall, kills, and wins.

I'm in the loot 10-15 minutes then die after 2-3 kills max boat lately. I did better at the release of the game, but I think the fact that I don't play often and other people are getting better puts me at the middle of the pack.

EDIT: I've also had some weird shit happen and I'm not sure if it's lag or what. I was looting a few houses when I heard a UAZ coming towards me. I hopped out of the house and pushed the stone wall, then went around the side so I was in line with the wall. Guy came running up along the wall on the outside so I popped out to the side and shot him a few times. He moved to the other side towards the house so I followed, but he disappeared. I thought maybe someone else killed him and I didn't see it, so I checked where he disappeared only to be shot in the back from inside the house. No idea how he got from the outside of the wall to inside the house when I immediately checked that side of the wall and didn't see him. I killed him anyway, but still.

Another time I emptied half a clip from the UMP into a guy's chest just to get one shot with a revolver. Dude must have had level 3 armor or something to not die from that, as well as lucky as fuck aim to 1 shot me with a revolver while I'm blasting him with the UMP.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Three more games yesterday, two terrible looting rounds. First one I had only a shotgun and a UMP with 25 people left. Managed to get the jump on a guy and got an M16 out of it at least. No good sights, just a holo. Ended up getting pinned down by an AWM when the circle was shrinking. Instead of both of us getting to the circle, they guy just stared me down the whole time. Both of us ended up dying outside the circle, but I at least died after him. Got #21 or something.

Second one I had a UMP and shotgun again. Was going for a car, but it didn't spawn where it normally does. There's a place near Rozhok that can spawn both a buggy and a UAZ, but neither spawned so I ended up getting shit loot. Continued on to other small housing compounds and there was one that was already looted. Apparently the guy was camping the top floor of one of the buildings with a shotgun. I ran by against a wall and he took a shot at me. I turned to return fire and some other guy shot me from the side out in a field. Got something in the 40s.

Third game I ended up with decent loot. AK with an 8x and an M16. Got a few kills when I got closer to the playzone, missed out on another by 1 shot I'm sure (hit him 4x with an AK in the body). When I went in for the last shot I got headshot from the side. Ended up #8. I think I would have got that kill faster and been safe if I had an ACOG rather than an 8x. Tracking a guy in a buggy with an 8x when he's fairly close was not easy. I probably should have switched to the M16, but I was afraid he'd get away and was sure that after the 2nd shot I'd only need one more. I was wrong twice.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

New patch notes are up and the test server is running as well.

Here's a link to the patch notes.

Spoiler: show
    Players,

This week we roll out our first monthly patch. This patch will the first of many to address performance, fix bugs and add new content to the game. I must stress that we will not be able to fix all performance issues with a single patch. For this patch, we focused on stabilizing performance for all users, trying to ensure there would be less FPS drops, and improve performance for those with lower spec systems. Optimizing the game will take us time, and will continue all through early access, so please have patience while we work to improve the game experience for all players.

We are opening a Test Server to better manage our updates and ensure stability before we push updates to the Live Servers. We will push each new update to this server on the Wednesday of the week, to allow a full days testing before updating the live servers. We will have the exact time you should expect this server to be online tomorrow, so stay tuned to our Twitter!

We are aware that some of you are experiencing what appear to be memory leaks, and we will work on fixing this going forward, but over the last month, we have been concentrating on improving the performance for min spec systems, and stabilizing FPS for everyone no matter what their PC specs. We are still a relativity small team, so we must focus on one problem at a time right now. We are working to expand the team, but finding the right people with suitable experience and capabilities takes time, so please bear with us.

Next I need to address a slight price change for the game in New Zealand. We’ve been seeing some abnormal patterns in our New Zealand sales. It turns out that due to the comparatively low price in New Zealand (roughly US$25) and the fact that gifting from New Zealand to other countries is not restricted the same as it is for other countries like China, Russia and Brazil, people seem to be exploiting the system. We have slightly raised the price to US$28 to combat this.

I also want to address server lag once again. The lag you experience on the servers is not due to the hardware or size of the server, nor does it have to do with the number of players online. It is due to a networking issue with the core engine code, and it is something we are working hard to resolve, but it is not a simple issue to fix, so it will take us some time. Please bear with us and we will get it fixed as soon as we can.

Finally, before we get to the patch-notes for this month’s update, I want to once again thank everyone for their support over the past month. We broke 100,000 concurrent users on Monday which is a huge milestone for any game and we wouldn’t have done this without the tremendous support of every player, so from all team here, a sincere thank you.

This patch will be deployed for both clients and servers Thursday, April 20, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

Early Access - Month 1 - Patch Notes

Known issues
    The motorbike leans slightly to the right when being driven straight.
    The tires of the motorbike cannot be shot out at the moment
    [Non-English Players] There are some mistranslated in-game texts and they will be shown in English

Client Performance Improvements
    Made some improvements to address the issue of FPS drops when opening the inventory UI
    Reduced the load on the CPU through instance rendering so that the GPUs can function to their full capabilities
    Made improvements to address the issue of FPS severely dropping when in the vicinity of Yasnaya, Polyana & Georgopol
    Rendering performance on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved
    Graphic performance and quality on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved

Server Performance Improvements
    Performance improvements have been made with relation to the items spawned in the world

Content Updates
    Added Vector SMG. A very powerful SMG most appropriate for short to mid-range combat that is spawned in the world
    Added Motorbike w/ sidecar. A sidecar-less version will be added in a future update
    Added a 2X Aimpoint scope
    Added a Ballistic Mask
    Added 3 new color variations for the Dacia
    Added the crossbow back into the game

World
    Adjusted the density of environmental elements to be identical across all graphic options
    Adjusted object placement to address issues of characters getting stuck
    Adjusted placement of trees that were spawning inside houses or above the terrain
    Adjusted the frequency of thunder sound effects

UI
    Revised certain system messages and item descriptions.
    Added descriptions for attachments
    The dead team-mate icon will now disappear after a certain time and distance when in team modes
    Map markers are now visible to all teammates
    Names of teammates now appear on the world map

Gameplay
    You are now able to move sideways and backwards in the REVIVE state
    The REVIVE timer will no longer decrease when a team mate is attempting to revive you
    When attempting to revive a team mate, the reviving timer icon will now also be visible to the player being revived
    Adjusted the character position slightly when in the REVIVE state
    Made improvements to address the issue of characters shaking while being spectated
    You are now able to open the world map when spectating
    You can now view the casting bar when the teammate you are spectating uses heal and/or boost items
    You can no longer use heal and/or boost items when in water

Action/Gunplay
    Adjusted the overall balance on all attachments
    Adjusted the overall balance on Assault Rifles
    We will continue to balance all weapons and attachments throughout Early Access
    Fixed the issue that caused cars to temporarily stop when their tires get shot out
    You can now sprint when in the crouch stance
    Fixed the issue of “Armed/Unarmed” state not being applied when there are delays in the server network
    The blood hit effect size now varies according to the weapon caliber
    You can now move when in aiming and/or scoping in the prone state
    Fixed an issue with the sitting position of the character in the back-right seat of the UAZ
    Fixed an issue with the position of the left hand when reloading the AWM
    Fixed an issue where aiming from vehicles was not accurate
    The positions of bullet hits are now the same for both yourself and the others
    Fixed an issue that caused the hit box for the head to be slightly larger than the actual head
    Adjusted the ragdoll physics for dead characters to be more natural
    Fixed an issue that caused the character to use the wrong aim offset when using the freelook function while holding a grenade
    Fixed an issue that caused the landing-from-a-high-altitude motion to seem awkward when holding a pistol
    Improved the quality of zoomed-in scope views
    Bolt actions are now triggered even after the final shot has been fired, so that you can starti re-firing as soon as reload is complete
    Added swimming animations to go upwards and downwards
    Fixed an issue that caused the reticle to appear even when in situations where you are not able to shoot
    Your character now uses a different animation when in crouch stance while holding a melee weapon
    Made improvements to the reload animations for the M249
    Made improvements to the reload animations for the P1911
    The muzzle flash is now brighter than before and is now visible from a longer distance

Sound
    There are now sound effect differences for supersonic and non-supersonic bullet speeds
    Made adjustments so that the sound of the bullet flying through air doesn’t play when shots are fired from a short distance from your character
    You can now figure out what floor the opponents are at just by listening to their footsteps
    Adjusted the firing sound of the SKS in mid to long range combat
    Adjusted the volume of the footsteps

Miscellaneous
    We have opened a test server to better manage our content and secure stability for our live environment updates
    Additional in-game texts have been localized

Bug fixes
    Fixed a bug that caused some buildings to not be visible at long distance
    Fixed a bug that caused a knocked out player to be ejected in front of a vehicle. If knocked out in a vehicle, you will now be ejected to the side
    Fixed a bug that caused weapons to clip through walls
    Fixed a bug that caused the icons for certain “pants” items to not appear correctly
    Fixed a bug that caused the PLAYERUNKNOWN shoes to not render properly
    Fixed a bug that caused the hit effects to play at random
    Fixed a bug that caused bald characters to have hair
    Fixed a bug that caused disconnects after 5 minutes into a match

See you in-game,
    PLAYERUNKNOWN

It's a fairly large update so it's best to read if you're interested.

There are some performance improvements for high density areas (Georgopol, Yasnaya, Polyana), less assigned to the CPU and more to the GPU, and better rendering on the minimum spec PCs. They added the Vector SMG as well as a ballistic mask, 2x scope, motorbike and some color variations for the Dacia. Moved some objects to reduce amount of places you can get your character stuck and adjusted tree spawns that were floating or clipping into buildings.

Map markers are now visible for all teammates on the map (and compass I'm guessing?) as well as team member names appearing on the map. When you're being revived your "bleed out" timer will now pause and you will see the revive progress. If you are spectating, you can now see cast bars and open the map.

There are a bunch of weapon balance adjustments as well as model/animation adjustments. It's best to look them over when you have a chance.

Sound has been improved again. Bullet crack/whizzing sounds are now changed based on the speed of the bullet. You should also be able to tell how high/low someone is based on their footsteps; and volume has been adjusted. SKS firing sound has been adjusted as well.

They fixed the bug where it sounds like you're randomly getting hit. If you get knocked out in a vehicle you'll now fall to the side instead of the front so you won't die instantly by being run over. They fixed the building rendering issue where you could see through some buildings at long distances. They also fixed the hair issue apparently. I for one am glad they fixed the hair issue as I have terrible side-swept/shaved hair that is super bright when I made my guy bald originally.

As far as gameplay goes for me; played two more rounds yesterday. I don't even remember what rank or anything I had in the first round. The second round I got #4. I was going really well and died from a headshot in a tight space. I think I could have killed the guy too; I had the drop on him. I should have been on Burst or something instead of Single on my M16.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know I've said this a few times now, but I plan on picking this game up finally. I'll have it just in time for my 3-day weekend.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Just in time for my mother in law to be visiting. I may be on Sunday if she leaves. She's either heading home Sunday or Monday morning.

Hit 5300 overall rating today. Feel good about that.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Played 2 rounds last night.

First round lasted all of 30 seconds after I landed. Landed amidst a fair number of people, grabbed the first gun I could find (a shotgun), and crouched in a corner. A guy ran past the door I entered the building from ... no other sounds, nothing, so I ducked out the door behind him to blast him in the back. Got blasted in the back by the guy that was apparently chasing my target.

Second round, I placed 8th, but it wasn't by my own doing. Landed with one other guy nearby; looted a nearby house and found an UMP with some ammo, and a level 1 helmet. Guy was hunting me so I killed him, but he did get the jump on me and knocked me to very low health. Spent the rest of the round hunting meds, got a few energy drinks and managed to regen my health back up to almost full. The circle was not kind to me, so I had to keep moving. Encountered only a few people in the next few minutes, but all were far away and I only had a holo, so I didn't fire at them. Finally it was down to 8. I was creeping around the edge of the circle and some guy in a corner blasted me before I could react.

Was fun, more will follow.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

When the circle screws you over it's terrible and you could be running the entire game. It's my least favorite part.

Once you learn the car spawns you'll do a little better with moving around the circle. Also, keep in mind that after the 3rd or 4th circle reset the amount of damage each tick does to you is MUCH higher. So keep that in mind as the game progresses that you should start moving to the next circle sooner.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I've been watching a lot of streaming of this game so I'm pretty in tune with the circle and keeping ahead of it. I'm going to have to get better at looting quickly though, my second round last night was terrible. Zero meds, only found two energy drinks. Level 1 helmet, vest, backpack, an M16 and an UMP, only a single holo, and like, a smoke grenade. Piss poor looting!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Sometimes you just get shafted too. Obviously there are better places to try to loot than others, but even if you get a town to yourself you may end up with crap loot. One of my games last night I went through half of Primorsk (sp?) before the circle got to me and only had a SCAR with no scope or muzzle attachment and the two-shotter shotgun.

Luckily I was able to kill a guy on my way into the center of the circle and got a 4x and an M16.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Really enjoying it so far. It definitely gets the blood pumping.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Only had time for one game. Landed in Rozhok near the tower with another guy on the other side of the road. Cleared those top buildings in a weird order to throw the other guy off. Tried to spot him, but couldn't so I grabbed the Dacia and went to another group of houses north. Get done looting two of those, finding a Vector and a bunch of ammo and attachments for it. Head into the third building and my computer seizes up.

Then I started vacuuming since the mother in law is coming... Sucks.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Played 4, failed pretty bad in 1, did reasonably well in 2, and placed top 5 in last one. Got an AWM in the last one and killed some people with it. Also had a guy pinned between a tree and the circle, had to shoot him like 50 times because he kept medding up, peeking, getting shot, medding up, repeat. I lost at the end though because I got too aggressive in chasing a guy and got caught in a bad position by another guy. Very fun game. My only feedback so far is, I think the first circle should tighten up quicker than it does.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

The first circle moves slowly because it has so much space to cover and it gives people that may be on the other side of the map to get to the circle. I think the first circle is fair, although slow. By the time the first circle collapses there are 60 people or less anyway, and that's in about 5-10 minutes.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I just checked a twitch stream of this and didn't realize this game was third person. I just assumed it was first person. This is definitely on my to get list.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can flip between 1st/3rd on a whim iirc. This game looks like something I'd want to play, but not while it's a laggy/buggy mess in a lot of the streams/vids I've watched. Hopefully whenever it gets out of early access it hasn't been superseded by the 'next' thing to do this but better, as this appeared to have done to H1Z1.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

It's not super laggy for me. There are of course some bugs, but I generally only get some lag at the very start of a match and maintain 45-70 fps depending on the area I'm in which is pretty good compared to some people.

I think the further optimization will help a lot and draw more people in.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Played some with an RL friend today and had pretty bad luck with early weapon spawns. He's a first-time player, so instead of trying to dictate everything, I just told him to chute out and I'd follow. He got us into pretty big trouble a few times. Overall we got destroyed but we had fun at least.

Game runs like serious shit in some places. It also "black screened" on my friend after every match, forcing him to hold his power button in to shut down. It doesn't do that for me, even though our hardware is pretty close to the same.

The Vector is insane at close range.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I get drops to fps in the 40s in Yasnaya (sp) and Georgopol crates area. Other than that I don't really get bad lag or frame drops. These are areas everyone suffers in to some degree, and the focus of their updates, so I'm hoping that will go away soon.

I didn't even get to fire the Vector I had on Thursday and didn't get to play this weekend at all. Mother in law left this morning, so I'll probably play a couple rounds after work.