+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Alright, decided to switch up my party and so far it seems to be helping a ton more then the last setup

Last Setup:
    99 Tyro: Full Break R3 | Magic Breakdown R4 | Wall | Mako Might
    99 Edge: Steal Power R5 | Phantasm R5 | Eblan Doppelganger | Dr. Mog's Teachings
    99 Sephiroth: R4 Lifesiphon | Doesn't Matter | Reunion (Burst) | 30% Katana DMG+
    99 Vanille: R2 Shellga | R3 Ultra Cure | Transcendent Dream | Lionheart
    99 Y'shtola: R2 Protectga | R5 Curaja | Asylum | Knight's Charge

New Setup:
    99 Tyro: Same as old
    99 Edge: Same as old
    94 (Ran out of eggs) Alphinaud: R3 Faith | R1 Curada | Burst | Eidolon's Bond
    99 Vanille: Same as old
    89 (Ran out of eggs) Selphie: R2 Protectga | R5 Curaja | Burst and Dreamstage | Knight's Charge

With Faith + Selphie Burst + B.M. + RW DT, Alphinaud can hit 100% magic buff and combined with Full Break and Vanille's Command 1 RES down debuff, he's hitting for 3.5k per hit with his powerchain command 1, which is 2k more then when Seph was spamming Command 1 with old setup, and it is faster DMG too, so P3 should be easier now with the new setup.

Edit: Forgot to add on top of all those buffs, Alphinaud is max RD as well, so he has +12% SMN DMG on top of it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Right, but I meant visually.
    No difference visually all on maths!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ok, i'm officially done with this fucked up shitty fight, over 100 S/Ls, spent a grand total of 20 fucking hours on this fight, i'm officially rage quitting this shit. Keep getting destroyed by that stupid P3 cause I can't deal fast enough dmg to survive it. Really stunned that even though I have pretty much everything for this fight, that I can't complete it cause I don't have one stupid mage OSB.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Deployment Tactics won me the fight. Have that up with full health when he boundless armageddon and you are up at least 25-40k out of 203k you need to deal. Hardest issue is staggering everyone's health enough to make sure Boundless Cannon gets spread around enough before Last Stand needs refreshing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Deployment Tactics won me the fight. Have that up with full health when he boundless armageddon and you are up at least 25-40k out of 203k you need to deal.
    That's what i've been doing, but Alphinaud is my main source of DMG and he gets in with buffs and everything 12k per turn, so I need multiple stacks of Last Stand and Vanille's Burst in order to withstand the barrage of Armageddon > Transcendent Ethereal Cannon > Armageddon > TEC > TEC > TEC. I have to RW DT since I don't have it natively so I can't RW Eiko's USB and the min he downs Tyro and starts picking off Edge and Healers, it quickly becomes a wipe around 5%.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ok, after rage quitting and actually cooling down and thinking about the fight (spending 4 hrs headbutting the fight yesterday pissed me off), i'm going to give it one last shot, this time i'm going to switch Alphinaud with Kuja and use either DT or Cid Raine's BSB and turn Tyro into an entrust battery and have Kuja spam stack his imperil dark burst to 3 stacks and have Edge and Tyro use RW so they can help spam contribute DMG in P3 while Y'sh and Vanille try to keep everyone alive.

Sounds like it might work with my bs napkin math reasoning, but P1 and P2 are gonna get alot rougher and I still am not sure if it might be better to just use RW DT regardless and rely on Kuja with Endark + 60% darkness DMG+ (20% BSB Staff + 20% Sephiroth SSB2 Bracer + 20% RM) and just entrust battery spam his BSB in P3.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If you don't have native Last Stand and can't afford to RW Eiko/Edge, you could always RW Galuf invulnerable SSB during phase 3 to ignore Transcendent Cannon since it will always hit the person with the most HP. Just top off the character casting RW, and you buy yourself more time for Phase 3. Worth a shot that way.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    If you don't have native Last Stand and can't afford to RW Eiko/Edge, you could always RW Galuf invulnerable SSB during phase 3 to ignore Transcendent Cannon since it will always hit the person with the most HP. Just top off the character casting RW, and you buy yourself more time for Phase 3. Worth a shot that way.
    I have Edge with his Last Stand, but I may try that though as RW if Kuja can deal enough DMG with his Endark and Imperil Dark burst for P3.

BG Level

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

at Robertfb: You can RW SG and put a better dps in Tyro's slot

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So i'm perplexed at trying to get a good setup. I need wall up immediately for his 4th action, but without a haste, I can't get Tyro to defend before Ultima goes off when he does wall. Need my other SB Charge on Vanille to pop a heal after those two turns. And I don't have shit for Edge, in fact I don't have any last stand soul breaks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Also, how exactly does OK OSB work? If you have more mag, it does magic dmg, and if you have more atk, it does physical dmg?
    Same animation. My understanding is that OK OSB is NAT on cast and becomes physical or magic depending on the highest stat (mag or atk). However because physical OSBs and magic OSBs do not have the same potency modifiers (physical is less generous than magic), I think it can result in losing damage. For example if your atk is only 1 point higher than your mag, then all things being equal OK picks physical even though it's lower damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    So i'm perplexed at trying to get a good setup. I need wall up immediately for his 4th action, but without a haste, I can't get Tyro to defend before Ultima goes off when he does wall. Need my other SB Charge on Vanille to pop a heal after those two turns. And I don't have shit for Edge, in fact I don't have any last stand soul breaks.
    I imagine it's possible to do it without last stand but if you have deployment tactics or some form of DPS you can use RW guardian mog RW (4k+ heal if the RW is any good at all, haste, last stand). Shouldn't need tyro to defend the transcendent ultima.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I imagine it's possible to do it without last stand but if you have deployment tactics or some form of DPS you can use RW guardian mog RW (4k+ heal if the RW is any good at all, haste, last stand). Shouldn't need tyro to defend the transcendent ultima.
    I do have deployment tactics but it keeps me from bringing asylum as a secondary healer. If I bring aerith, I lose cloud. May have to look at egging eiko to 99

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FUCKING had the win, had Kuja get Nemesis to T3 Imperil with En-dark and was doing 5k a hit with BSB and had full charges, as well as had full SB charges on Y'sh, Vanille, Edge, spammed the fuck out of Last Stand and heals and SOMEHOW, even though I kept Kuja buffed with Last Stand, he STILL fucking dies to TEC! Even though the last person to get hit with it was Vanille. So fucking unfair.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah I'm pretty much done trying this. I simply do not have the patience.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Use my RW. It'll keep you alive during p3.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty much done trying this. I simply do not have the patience.
    Same, officially 100% done, not even rage quitting, don't have the patience anymore for the RNG of this shitty stupid fight, that last one I mentioned sealed the deal, still can't believe Kuja got merced so hard randomly.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

I couldn't even attempt this :/

My pulls have been terrible for any kind of support. Watching videos of people using no healers and last stand only makes me more sad :/

Is there a deployment tactics strat that doesn't require Last Stand?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    I couldn't even attempt this :/

My pulls have been terrible for any kind of support. Watching videos of people using no healers and last stand only makes me more sad :/

Is there a deployment tactics strat that doesn't require Last Stand?
    Nope, it's basically impossible unless your RNG streak is amazing and you never see certain attacks. Nemesis in Very Weak phase will oneshot characters regardless of buffs or debuffs so you either raise them up or use Last Stand.