+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    I couldn't even attempt this :/

My pulls have been terrible for any kind of support. Watching videos of people using no healers and last stand only makes me more sad :/

Is there a deployment tactics strat that doesn't require Last Stand?
    dying loses buffs. maybe reraise and dps would work. need to abbreviate phase 3 as much as possible.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The only real alternative ive seen to last stand for radiant shield strategy is using Galuf RW strat (or native Galuf with invulnerability SB/SSB) to tank the 99999 damage boundless ethereal cannons (as they always target the char with the highest HP%). This is much harder to execute imo, between needing to keep the RW user at the highest HP%, and needing precision timing on refreshing the buff (attempting to refresh before it wears results in a miss, too slow and that person will take damage or die)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I lied.. was really bored and went back to my original party that looks a lot like Rata's and after many tries it died. Geez

Relic Shield
    BG Level

All right, mastery down. OK managed to avoid the tied-max-hp boundless ethereals and slow RNGs long enough to hit sword and spells to win.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Getting to about 50% on Boundless Nemesis without Last Stand and Deployment Tactics.

Using the mega mitigation strat:

Vaan - BSB
    OK - BSB and OSB
    Mog - HH
    Yshtola - SSII, BSB
    Vanille - BSB

What screws me up is skipping turns and waiting for ATB gauges to be up on certain allies, which makes me lose the timing on setting back up Shell/Protect/Wall/Healing BSB's and i'll get one turn behind in healing, then 2, then 3, then dead.

With Persona 5, not going to commit a whole lot of time to solving this. I know it's possible with the tools I have, but I'd rather steal hearts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Getting to about 50% on Boundless Nemesis without Last Stand and Deployment Tactics.

Using the mega mitigation strat:

Vaan - BSB
    OK - BSB and OSB
    Mog - HH
    Yshtola - SSII, BSB
    Vanille - BSB

What screws me up is skipping turns and waiting for ATB gauges to be up on certain allies, which makes me lose the timing on setting back up Shell/Protect/Wall/Healing BSB's and i'll get one turn behind in healing, then 2, then 3, then dead.

With Persona 5, not going to commit a whole lot of time to solving this. I know it's possible with the tools I have, but I'd rather steal hearts.
    Looks similar to what I ran. Whats your skills and throughput stat on ok? I can put what I did turn by turn if you want (the fight has virtually no rng except for slow so it is almost always replicable).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Vaan - Lifesiphon (10) + Magic BD (8) Truthseeker RM
    OK - Entrust (2) and Shellga (6) Lionheart RM
    Mog - Multi Break (6) and Atk BD Dance (8) Knight's Charge RM
    Yshtola - Haste (12) and Wrath (10) Dr. Mog RM
    Vanille - Protectga (6) and Curaja (12) Mako Might RM

Unshaken Resolve RW, obviously.

OK hits a hair under 2.5k on Swiftspell command (x4) and Vaan jumps between 2k and 5k per hit of Arc Blast and 4-6k on commands pending if Armor BD is active or OK's Atk boost is still there.

All characters are 99 except Mog, at least 1st level record dived, and OK also has his OSB and Quistis's OSB whip as my highest synergy magic weapon.

I'll just make this easier and post pics:

Spoiler: show

Vanille hits 1.7k healed for her burst commands.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Vaan - Lifesiphon (10) + Magic BD (8) Truthseeker RM
    OK - Entrust (2) and Shellga (6) Lionheart RM
    Mog - Multi Break (6) and Atk BD Dance (8) Knight's Charge RM
    Yshtola - Haste (12) and Wrath (10) Dr. Mog RM
    Vanille - Protectga (6) and Curaja (12) Mako Might RM

Unshaken Resolve RW, obviously.
    Oh you're using a galuf rw? I can see the merit in that but I could never find any, and it makes the opening moves a lot harder (it means you have to burn both charges of dr mog/mako at the start); I ran guardian mog RW (eiko usb) which adds rng for the last phase but makes recovering from the initial ults a cinch.

First thing first is that you're stalling damage too much and OK's skills don't make sense. OK OSB does a ton of damage here with automatic syn and no magic buff wiping (ultra spark gives a -atk penalty but no mag). But he needs to be fed to make it work and you have no faith or entrust on a different character, nor does he have wrath to build meter without triggering counter ult. No +damage RM either. Furthermore OK has a soul break meter generating RM and entrust but no wrath or siphon (so he can't build meter outside of taking damage - fine - or bssb commands - not as fine as they build towards counter ult). For reference I was able to set up a three hit KO on nemesis's weak phase with OK osb with magic cap (1042ish - roughly 558 base mag with faith, burst mode and OK buff), rinoa level 99 RM and full break (15% more damage?)/setzer ssb (roughly 20% more damage?) /tyro bssb cmd2 (roughly 10% more damage?). What I"m saying is that you could duplicate it if you needed to.

Even if you get nemesis to very weak phase you won't be able to take him down fast, which means more armageddons. And armageddon is the only thing that can really kill you; ultra spark is fine with ss2 and pro up, ethereal cannon is only bad if it puts you into death range of armageddon; oundless ults don't happen often enough to die with two bssb heals (nemesis gets 3-4 actions to your 1; it's like 1.35 sec per turn in normal phase and 1 second in weak phase, so lionheart is basically a guaranteed meter refill between each trans ult even if you did absolutely nothing), and boundless meteor is surprisingly weak (2k?). Armageddon can't be blinked and ignores def and happens extremely fast (p2 goes doom (long cast) -> armageddon->rando->boundless meteor->rando ->armageddon->rando-> meteor...and then on a five turn count afterwards).

I don't think haste is doing much on ysh either (vanille, vaan and OK can recover from slow via a bssb; ysh cant because she has to ss2 but if ysh gets slowed and has to rehaste herself you're probably screwed anyway). I also dont' think mog is contributing much (he dances twice then uses heroic harmony and...waits for the next opportunity?). Given that vaan could carry the power breakdown if needed, I think mog is going to need some other important reason for his existence - he could carry a faith for example. Otherwise you're basically 4.5 manning the boss.

Final party was: ysh (curaja/pro/lionheart; 328 def/401 res, bssb and didn't use anything else), rosa (320/392, faith/shellga/dr mog; bssb) OK (431/323, 558 mag, wrath r4/magic breakdown/sorc vow, bssb and osb) setzer (329/360, wrath r4/entrust r2; fixed dice atk/res debuff and incredibly inconsistent true damage) and tyro (412/334, wrath r4/full break r3, mako might; sent, keepers tome, cyclone grimoire<-- didn't use but probably should have).

Anyway my script for nemesis was as follows, using his ultimate moves as a timing guide:

Roll for ATBs on as many people as possible. Ysh/rosa pro and shell, tyro sent, setzer defend, OK magic breakdown. As many characters defend boundless ult as possible.
    (boundless ult 1)
    Remaingng characters defend except for setzer; 3 ultrasparks; after the first ultraspark, setzer RWs guardian mog); after refilling his atb, setzer defends again (takes the next two ultrasparks at full damage). Everyone else keeps defending
    (boundless ult 2; everyone barely survives)
    Full break from tyro, magic breakdown from OK, asy from ysh, rosa and setzer stay in defend status till asy hits (ideally ethereal cannon hits one of those two). Spam ysh command 2 unless someone got ethereald twice (tetragrammaton is better than medica because it's faster but obviously if the party takes enough ultrasparks that won't be enough to stay alive). Setzer uses an entrust to hand ysh a bar and Rosa faiths OK. OK uses bssb and begins command 2 spam. Around the 5th attack of this cycle sent grimoire casts and rosa begins bssb cast.
    (boundless ult 3)
    rosa bssb and sent grim land; ysh uses protectga, rosa begins cmd2 spam. OK dings nemesis until he hits around 75 to 70% (I think it roughly corresponds to his right hand paw?). Setzer throws in a wrath at the start of each phase and then defends (he's just building meter). Around nemesis fifth attack, ysh begins bssb cast.
    (boundless ult 4)
    After ysh's bssb lands, refresh shellga. Repeat process under boundless ults 2-4 until setzer and OK had full charges, then after refreshing a sent OK goes bssb->osb; rosa faiths after bssb, setzer goes ssb -> entrust OK (want to pass two bars); tyro puts up keepers tome (more or less unnecessary but useful for the boundless meteor).
    After osb, entering weak phase:
    Doom takes roughly forever to cast (like 2.8 seconds) so it can mess up your tempo. I could survive armageddon->ultra spark/ethereal so it went something like:
    T1: doom (begin bssb heal entry from ysh; OK queues up another OSB which will do about 70k damage, and will leave nemesis at about 210k; tyro begins whatever debuff is needed; setzer begins entrust which will land before OK osb so OK will receive two bars; other white mage waits)
    T2: armageddon (other white mage begins command 2)
    T3: rando attack (heals and damage land)
    T4: meteor (blinked by prior bssb; if T3 was an ethereal cannon, command 2 heals the guy who lost blink up; other white mage begins bssb entry now)
    T5: rando (doesn't matter; begin rebuilding meter on OK and setzer via wraths, goal is 5 bars total amongst them; tyro wraths as needed for meter but at this point he is the sent grimoire monkey)
    T6: armageddon (ouch!)
    T7: random attack (hopefully this ethereal didn't kill anyone; other white mage bssb entry lands)
    T8: boundless meteor (I could have blinked this but it can be fixed in a command 2)
    ...after this, you get a respite because armageddon and meteor go to a 5 turn count (so next armageddon is T11, followed by meteor at T13). Once OK and setzer have 2.5 bars, I repeated the bssb->osb/setzer fixed dice->entrust combo from above; rosa faiths when ysh is casting asylum (the overheal from stoneskin gave me room to refaith).

Very weak phase:
    This is mostly chaos, but after the first boundless armageddon->boundless ethereal cannon I used Guardian mog (imperfect solution but I only needed time for two more osbs) and queue'd asylum. After that it's rando->second boundless ethereal->armageddon which will kill whoever got hit by the second boundless unless I healed up (obviously with galuf RW you can ignore that part and just laugh at the boundless ethereals). After that it's HP management until the third OK OSB landed.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

REsults between JP and NA

JP : 5228 / 35978 = 14.53%
    GL : 1622 / 11475 = 14.13%

Goes clear/attempts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6