Closed Thread
Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Also, inb4 we have to go to the farm to pick up and turn in bounties.............................

Only half joking >.>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Fancy sword:

Also, I've been thinking about it a bit, and this change to weapons is going to change the dynamic of raid bosses. It's clearly a PvP driven change (going back to the style of Halo's PvP), so I'm curious to see how it plays out with raid bosses..

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

All I'm gonna say is that if they keep the bullshit Stomp every single boss in the game has, Shotguns may as well not exist.

Also according to Forbes, the Grimoire is gone in D2, so that's potentially a nice sign that the game will actually contain some of its own story.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I saw that, was kinda disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they're going to be (hopefully) expanding the in-game story, but the Grimoire added so much extra fluff -- like reading the backstory of a new exotic or raid boss.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So long as what would have otherwise been in the Grimoire ends up in the game instead, I'm all for it. If they're just cutting the Grimoire out and the lore it would have contained along with it, then lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Activision made an exception when promoting D2 for PC as the launcher is now called Blizzard Launcher, but the public at large still knows it as Battle.net
    We’re excited to announce that we’re partnering with Bungie and Activision to support the PC version of Destiny 2 exclusively via Battle.net… Being on Battle.net will allow Destiny 2 to plug in to our existing global network… Stay tuned for updates as we get closer to welcoming Destiny 2 and its players to Battle.net… We don’t have any short- or long-term plans to support third-party games with Battle.net…
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/news/?d=2017-5#181745

It’s still Blizzard Launcher. We made an exception for this announcement.
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/19/15...cher-destiny-2

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

tfw even your own company thinks your name change was stupid.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Press Release
    Bungie and Activision Publishing, debuted Destiny 2’s gameplay for the first time to a global, livestreamed audience in a hands-on event at Jet Center in Hawthorne, California. Destiny 2 is the sequel to the internationally acclaimed Destiny, a first-person action game that takes the player on an epic journey to defend humanity from annihilation. The live broadcast showcased a variety of the activities, opening on a dramatic campaign mission that sets up the premise of the game to answer how you recover when your home is destroyed and your powers are taken away. The broadcast went on to detail the game’s social and cooperative activities, including the all-new “Guided Games” feature while highlighting multiple brand-new destinations. In September, Destiny 2 will be available on PlayStation 4 systems with additional, timed exclusive* content, and Xbox One (PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscription, respectively, required for significant features). Additionally, Destiny 2 will be available on PC at retail and as the first third-party game to be offered digitally via Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment's online gaming service.

The broadcast was streamed globally in four languages and emphasised that the game will offer a fresh start to all players with no previous knowledge or background needed. Destiny 2’s story allows the player to enjoy a heroic, cinematic journey, either solo or with friends. A key announcement during the livestream was about a new feature called, “Guided Games,” that makes it easy for all players to experience the most challenging and rewarding activities the game has to offer. This new feature allows solo players to find and play with other players to enjoy Destiny 2 and earn new in-game rewards like weapons, and armour. Also available for attendees was “Countdown,” an all-new competitive multiplayer mode as well as a three-player cooperative activity on a new map called, “Inverted Spire.”

In the story of Destiny 2, the last safe city on Earth has fallen and lay in ruins, occupied by a powerful new enemy and his elite army, the Red Legion. Every player creates their own character called a “Guardian,” humanity’s chosen protectors. As a Guardian in Destiny 2, players must master new abilities and weapons to reunite the city’s forces, stand together and fight back to reclaim their home.

“Destiny established a blockbuster, new franchise and a massive global community of amazingly passionate fans. And today, we are giving people their first look at the gameplay of Destiny 2,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision. “Destiny 2 has a great story, an iconic new villain, awesome characters you want to go on an epic adventure with, and of course, tons of the amazing gameplay that Destiny is known for. We, along with our partners at Bungie, have listened carefully to our community, and have added thoughtful innovations that make the game, and all of its content, more accessible to more types of players than ever before.”

Bungie CEO, Pete Parsons, said, “This is a defining moment for our studio, and we couldn’t have done it without the continued support of our partners in Activision, Sony and now Blizzard.” He added, “We have an amazing community of players who have been with us on this journey, but with the sequel, the team are paying close attention to welcoming new and returning Guardians to the universe with something for every type of gamer, including gameplay for solo, cooperative and competitive players with new places to explore and adventures to conquer.”

"As Destiny fans, we were excited to learn that the sequel was coming to PC," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We're pleased to support Destiny 2 as the first non-Blizzard game on our platform, and we look forward to joining fellow Guardians in their fight against the Red Legion."
    Cap Dump
    Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

More Dump
    Spoiler: show

Grimoire Cards confirmed to not be returning
    We want people to be able to find the lore. All the story is told through the Adventures, it’s told through the characters in the world, it’s told through the campaign and it’s told through scannables you find throughout the world.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#3a2f3cf33d52

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    When I come back i'll be staying on PS4.
    Way late but I'll be on ps4 hardcore like back in the day

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by killerx View Post
    Way late but I'll be on ps4 hardcore like back in the day
    yay

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh gawd... people are going nuts about Grimoire going away saying it will kill the lore scene... the stupidity...

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The caveat to this is Bungie has said the story will be in the game, so maybe this point is moot, but I don't think it's stupid as you're making it out to be. Is it going to kill it? No, but it can still hurt the ability to go into great detail with the lore. Just look at the Book of Sorrows and how much detail that provided to the Hive and TTK -- unless they include the ability to read similar cards in game, there's no way they can fit that kinda detail in a cutscene or random conversation with an npc.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

If I get this, it will probably be for PS4. Going to hold out until the Beta before I decide on preordering. Definitely leery on the season pass due to how the last game's DLC turned into seasons. And I am salty that the complete first game is still near full price. I haven't played since year 1 and I'd like to go back and fuck around.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Grimoire Kiosk.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Alpha only had PvP right? I remember the beta had the missions on Earth, but can't remember the alpha.

If this beta follows suit, hopefully they include some patrol content again so we can see how the new exploration compares. I think that was the biggest disappointment with this reveal -- they talked about all these changes they've made to patrol and whatnot, and then didn't include any of that and instead just had the stuff that hasn't really changed.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Oh gawd... people are going nuts about Grimoire going away saying it will kill the lore scene... the stupidity...
    Is this like slam poetry except people sit around reading grimoire cards?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

are there still going to be ps exclusives?

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast