Closed Thread
Page 15 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Bummed that we'll have to wait until the end of October for PC release, but it also gives me more time to put together a new PC.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm still upset over the 30fps. It's not Ok at this point. Go play a 60fps game and then play D1 PvP. I'll wait into more info comes out on the PC server refresh rate.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Free D2 with GTX 1080

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

if you're deciding on PC and console, go check out the 60 fps videos on yotube from the PC. Thing of beauty.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even if it's isolated to this game, it warms my heart that gamers are realizing just how bad the obsession with 30 fps this generation has been.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Not sure it's fair to call it an obsession, really. More like a reluctance on the part of developers to put the effort into getting to 60. Plenty of other shooters this gen have already released running at 60 FPS (Halo 5 and Battlefront 2 come to mind as good comparables to Destiny) and a lot of people were (foolishly) assuming Destiny 2 would run at 60 FPS as well.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're right, obsession isn't the right word. I guess I'd just say gamers being far too willing to accept that 30 fps is ok, when in basically any action based genre it should be completely unacceptable.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    You're right, obsession isn't the right word. I guess I'd just say gamers being far too willing to accept that 30 fps is ok, when in basically any action based genre it should be completely unacceptable.
    I couldn't agree more.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I remember someone in this thread saying they were going to get D1 bundle, but it was still full price or something. It went on sale yesterday for 29.99. I actually picked it up myself.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Interview with Luke Smith starts around 23 minutes:
    http://kotaku.com/e3-day-four-podcas...one-1796111658

Still early on, but one of the big points I've heard so far is that D2 isn't about the Darkness because the idea of what the Darkness was in vanilla Destiny (all the enemy races) has changed into some evil presence we haven't encountered yet. And also that at one point they had no idea what the Darkness was. Yeah..

Edit: Guided games only applies for normal raids, heroics will be find your own (doesn't make a lot of sense with the NF or Trials, but yeah?).

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

There's an interview out with Jon Weisnewski and Deej from that site, currently listening to it.

- They're still working on the ammo balance for combining special and heavy, and they mentioned that it wasn't just a PvP driven decision -- rather, they also wanted that 'power weapon fantasy' to apply to PvE as well. Whether you believe that sentiment or not is up to you (they've mentioned it before, but I'm not 100% convinced..). They also brought up an interesting point about the way it'll shape encounters and fireteam composition and I think it's actually an interesting and cool point they bring up -- how your loadout now more defines your role in an encounter (are you going to be the person with a sniper to dish out heavy damage against a boss during a damage phase, or are you going to use your power weapon to be responsible for yellow bar adds -- like the captains during Vosik).
    - Sounds like the Beta is just what we've seen (no patrol, etc).
    - No Rumble at release....... wut????????????????????????????????
    - All PvP modes are 4v4, so indirectly confirms Trials is 4v4?

I get the frustration that the console versions won't be at 60 FPS, but i honestly think 60 FPS is much more important on PC than it is on console. Having mouse control at 60 versus 30 is night and day. Having 60 versus 30 on a spongy analog stick is noticeable, but not a deal-breaker.

Console gamers deserve better, of course. 60 FPS should be the expectation for competitive games, but it's not unplayable.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I remember someone in this thread saying they were going to get D1 bundle, but it was still full price or something. It went on sale yesterday for 29.99. I actually picked it up myself.
    That was me. If you buy the year 2 & 3 expansions separately you save 21 cents! Now if only PSN would let me change my credit card details..

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Well if you want to play with a complete noob hmu.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Xbox has free trial version of D1 for those who haven't played and want to try it out to see how the gameplay is. It's pretty much the original beta version, caps at level 7 and has the first few story missions and first strike. Played through with a buddy last night and missed all my level 40 shit from my PS4 jobs lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    There's an interview out with Jon Weisnewski and Deej from that site, currently listening to it.

- They're still working on the ammo balance for combining special and heavy, and they mentioned that it wasn't just a PvP driven decision -- rather, they also wanted that 'power weapon fantasy' to apply to PvE as well. Whether you believe that sentiment or not is up to you (they've mentioned it before, but I'm not 100% convinced..). They also brought up an interesting point about the way it'll shape encounters and fireteam composition and I think it's actually an interesting and cool point they bring up -- how your loadout now more defines your role in an encounter (are you going to be the person with a sniper to dish out heavy damage against a boss during a damage phase, or are you going to use your power weapon to be responsible for yellow bar adds -- like the captains during Vosik).
    - Sounds like the Beta is just what we've seen (no patrol, etc).
    - No Rumble at release....... wut????????????????????????????????
    - All PvP modes are 4v4, so indirectly confirms Trials is 4v4?
    That'll suck for Atheon-like encounters where you are a heavy DD but get rando-teleported and now have to hold the bubble. I mean, yeah, you can drop for someone else to grab, but it's more annoying than strategic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

"There aren't random rolls on weapons anymore. Better Devils is a Crucible hand cannon [in Destiny 2], and what it has on it is what it has on it. Period," Luke Smith, the sequel's director, said.

The lineup of stats and perks for every weapon and every piece of armor in Destiny 2 is now hand-crafted.
    http://mashable.com/2017/06/29/desti.../#zwd86osDhgqG

Crazy change -- what do we grind for now?? There better be a massive armory of weapon choices..

That said, the way they talk about balancing weapons in D1 to D2, didn't they individually adjust the 1000 Yard Stare at one point?

Also, information on clans:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46013

Starting on July 25th, D1 clans can be converted to D2 clans, so the BG clan should be good to go for D2.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

When they nerfed the 1000 Yard Stare they nerfed the carrying capacity and Inventory stats for all Snipers in that impact class. The only weapons they ever adjusted individually were Exotics.

The fact that they couldn't tune guns independently still boggles my mind. I also really don't have a lot of faith in the "hand-crafted" approach based on the perk options they gave most Exotics/raid weapons in D1.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast