Closed Thread
Page 124 of 151 FirstFirst ... 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    Next part is a bunch of enemies, you just have to kill them all to move onto the next part -- get a chest afterwards too (it's essentially just the castelium(sp)).

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    No it does not, I think it took 6 hrs for worlds first going in blind.
    where do people go to find groups for that stuff?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Next is a room with giant pistons. Whenever the pistons close(?) they give off a giant emp. You need to find corners to hide in whenever that happens. After that, you get fired out of a cannon, fall a long way... and then it's Vex raid time!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Next is a room with giant pistons. Whenever the pistons close(?) they give off a giant emp. You need to find corners to hide in whenever that happens. After that, you get fired out of a cannon, fall a long way... and then it's Vex raid time!

speaking of, I called this last night:

https://twitter.com/Kaslo25/status/938981535738363904

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

God pvp is fucking stupid right now lol

When I get back here in about a hour down for nf or some heroic forest stuff.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

First encounter -- Argos Barrier
    There are vex skulls, crystals, and charge plates for the three elements with three spots each.
    The goal of this encounter is to charge the skulls with the appropriate energy and use them (like the prisms for the gardens) to destory crystals around the center structure. Crystals spawn in groups of three.
    What we did was have one person designated at each plate to kill adds and three people who would run around and collect skulls to deposit at the appropriate charge spots. The person on the plate called it out, the people carrying would then say where they were going and were responsible for staying with their skull and using it to destroy the crystal. Depending on how many skulls need to be charged at a plate determines how many adds spawn. If it's no charges, it's only goblins, but minotaurs and fanatics spawn if there are skulls charging.

It takes a bit of coordination and communication, but it's not too bad.
    After all eighteen crystals are destroyed, that's it, moves to the next encounter.

Someone in my group got the mark, I got the shotgun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Emblem tracks your raid completions!? What an ingenious idea!

Argos - Giant Vex Hydra boss

Same arena as the previous encounter and many of the same mechanics. There are three parts to this fight, the shield phase, the DPS phase, and the wipe phase.

The shield phase is most similar to the previous encounter. Argos will randomly face one of the plates. If you're on that plate, you'll see three orbs of the three elements situated like an upside-down T (one on top, one to the left, one to the right). They can all be the same element, they can all be different, it's random. Like before, you need to charge the Vex skulls and use them to shoot the orbs of the same element. When you shoot them continuously, they move towards the center where they explode. Shoot all three at the center at the same time and his shield will drop. The strategy we used was to have the skull users charge three skulls at the appropriate plate and have the other three people converge on the DPS platform to kill adds. We also filled up any open charge slots on the DPS platform so we'd have extra skulls for the DPS phase (so for instance, if there were two void orbs and the void plate was the DPS plate, we'd fill the third slot so we could use the skull during the next part).

When you drop his shield, you enter the DPS phase. During this part, you want to use supers (Golden Gun w/ Nighthawk is great, hammers, etc), rockets, extra skulls, etc, to damage the boss' face. He has a bunch of attacks, but two are really dangerous. The first is when he shoots out a glowing triangle net. Anyone caught in the next will be lifted into the sky to their death. The person in the net can't do anything so the people outside will need to shoot it to free them. It's best to just dodge this attack. Second, he'll spawn six(?) suicidal Vex enemies -- think of the squids from the Matrix. These travel in a pack and will kill you if all of them hit you, so be aware and dodge/kill them. You also want one person (preferably a Stormcaller) always killing adds during this part as they continue to spawn.

After a while he'll put his shield back up which gives you time to prepare for the wipe phase. During this part, he'll start collecting void energy which he'll release and cause a wipe if you don't stagger him. You have to stagger him by hitting two targets during each phase. He has six total, so you can prevent him from doing this three times for four total DPS phases (he'll also do this if you take too long getting to the DPS phase). The targets you have to hit glow white and turn red when you do damage. You'll know you've done enough if they explode and no longer glow. The spots are on his arms, his back, and on top of his head. You can destroy them in any order, but you have to destroy both of a single type to stagger him (both arms for instance). He always faces the arc plate, so use the time before he starts collecting energy to get in position. If you're doing the arms or the head, you want to approach from the arc plate. If you're doing the back, approach from the solar plate. After you stagger him, you can do some damage, but it's safer to kill adds once he's staggered and get in position to rinse and repeat. Sweet Business and Ghost Primus are really good for this phase, so I recommend they take up one of your weapon slots.

There's a typical damage check at the end, but nothing too major at this point.

Someone in my group got the grenade launcher, I got boots, don't remember what anyone else got..

Can be around all weekend if anyone needs help with any of this -- fresh or a specific encounter.

The spider drone heavy is so fucking awesome haha

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Anyone on PSN want to do a Nightfall?

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    The spider drone heavy is so fucking awesome haha
    Massive amounts of awesome in pvp

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Anyone on PSN want to do a Nightfall?
    I'm in Kas, just doing 2nd character atm, need on Hunter.

anyone want to do the old raid? Friend of mine havent done any of them and want to give them a shot but need people. We're in the BG clan. . .

how do people even find others to play with. It seems hard even messaging people in the clan <_<

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There is also the Destiny app and BG discord.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Ftw.com is decent too

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Also, most of us just use this forum to make shit. Make a post about doing events and more often than not, someone will start joining ya.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me......

Got to six wins.. and played a team winning with sub 1.0 kds. Sure you all can see where this is going...............

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me......

Got to six wins.. and played a team winning with sub 1.0 kds. Sure you all can see where this is going...............
    Those teams are always the most dangerous.

I beat the CoO campaign, it was fun, really cool skyboxes. Holy shit I did not think Mercury as a patrol area was going to be THAT small, its like the size of a boss platform. I know bungie only had 12 weeks to do this, but I feel like they could've done more with it.... like I think a small, but very dense but very vertical patrol zone would be really cool, especially with those man cannons you see in the Vex areas.

Is the infinite forest supposed to be a story only thing or an actual end game activitiy? I'm going to bed now, but I'll look into it later I guess.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My heroic adventures bugged and are inaccessible

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    I beat the CoO campaign, it was fun, really cool skyboxes. Holy shit I did not think Mercury as a patrol area was going to be THAT small, its like the size of a boss platform. I know bungie only had 12 weeks to do this, but I feel like they could've done more with it.... like I think a small, but very dense but very vertical patrol zone would be really cool, especially with those man cannons you see in the Vex areas.

Is the infinite forest supposed to be a story only thing or an actual end game activitiy? I'm going to bed now, but I'll look into it later I guess.
    This DLC has probably been basically done since before the game even launched. They've had far longer than 12 weeks, don't kid yourself.