Closed Thread
Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Weekly Update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46611

Discussion about the sandbox, they're increasing speed and mobility across the board, increasing super charge rate, and increasing the frequency and impact(?) of power weapons (especially in the crucible).

All three glides plus Catapult and Strafe Lift have been retuned and buffed to make them more unique and faster.
    The mobility stat has had its range expanded and been completely retuned as well. In short, everyone gets faster and the high end is higher.
    The players’ ground speed cap has been increased, allowing for faster total movement speed, regardless of how you may get there.
    Arcstrider, Sentinel, and Striker all move faster, and at the same speed as one another, while in their Supers.
    Arcstrider, as a whole, is performing well in PvP but mostly due to its neutral game perks. We’ve made the following changes in an effort to get the Super to be a more competitive option:
    Faster Attack Animations.
    Faster Dodge Animations.
    Increased range of all attacks.
    Supers recharge faster for everyone!
    We’ve buffed several weapon archetypes (including, but not limited to, Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Shotguns) and a few specific perks, as well.
    A key goal here is to make Shotguns, Snipers, and Fusion rifles more prevalent in the game.
    We’ve also been working side-by-side with our friends on PvP to increase the pace of PvP combat and the frequency of power play. Here’s a sneak peek at their hard work:
    Player respawn times for all Quickplay modes have been decreased.
    Power Ammo respawn timers for all Quickplay modes have been reduced ~30%.
    Power Ammo respawn timers in Survival have been reduced ~40%.
    Power Ammo respawn timers in Countdown have been reduced ~25%.
    Ammo counts have been adjusted in relation to these timers, and in relation to weapon type.
    Enemy players now drop their power ammo on death.
    The dropped brick is available to anyone until picked up or 30 seconds have passed.
    They're also getting rid of the shoulder charge change from a few months(?) back, and they're looking to reduce sniper flinch.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Anyone for raid or Banana?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Got to 32% for that body ornament.. guess the IB grind is back >.>

Also, looks like you only have the beat the raid on one character a week to unlock the weekly purchasables.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I was running better devils and the forge hand cannon like that, pretty fun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Bleh, forgot Crimson Days.. so much for hopping back into Overwatch for the Year of the Dog celebrations for the next two weeks >.>;

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46617

Just kidding.. just gonna not sleep <.<

Burning Shrine is back (without the blinding sun!!!), 2v2 round based clash mode, crimson engrams from leveling up (and illuminated as well), and five rewards for completing specific activities (a quest, crucible, NF, and raid).

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Get your single ladies emotes bois!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Weekly Update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46627

Info on Nightfalls on Raids (and Eater of Worlds Prestige) going forward.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bungie has gated access to the official forums where you need to at least own D2 and some are locked behind game progression.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Appreciate the communication from Bungie in the New Year. I'm hooked on Monster Hunter World (along with my entire friends' list it seems...), but will return to D2 in a few weeks to poke around.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I should be on next week for Crimson Days, been catching up on FFXIV since the PC Collection finally went down in price so I could switch to PC from PS4.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Weekly Update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46627

Info on Nightfalls on Raids (and Eater of Worlds Prestige) going forward.
    Week 2
    Raid Activity: Expansion 2 Raid Lair
    Modifier: Gladiator. Your melee damage is increased and melee kills grant bonus Super.
    Required Loadout:
    Kinetic: Sidearm
    Energy: Submachine gun
    Power: Shotgun

I think this is as close as we get to Nightmarelord Prestige.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Week 2
    Raid Activity: Expansion 2 Raid Lair
    Modifier: Gladiator. Your melee damage is increased and melee kills grant bonus Super.
    Required Loadout:
    Kinetic: Sidearm
    Energy: Submachine gun
    Power: Shotgun

I think this is as close as we get to Nightmarelord Prestige.
    well done.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Fuck me, my stupid ass thought it was a good idea to do a Prestige Levi raid. You guys remember how Bathers have that black pool shit that greatly depletes your Protections? I forgot it was a thing because who would be stupid enough to let their bathers die on the platforms. It didn't click till about an hour of wipes in when a few of the people kept saying "I keep losing my protection, you guys need to hurry up" After like 15 seconds of being on a plate.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Watching that trailer.. why wasn't the ornament for Crimson? >.>

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

So who's up for some Crimson Days stuff tonight?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

On my phone, so no link, but the weekly update is up. Faction Rallies return next week, two weapons a faction in the pool, NM and DO have pulses if they win, FWC has a scout, and they talk about tuning exotics (they specifically discuss Graviton Lance which sounds promising now).

From the sounds of it, every exotic but Merciless , Telesto, Wardcliff Coil, MIDA Multi Tool, Colony, Legend of Acrius, and Vigilance Wing is getting tuned.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    On my phone, so no link, but the weekly update is up. Faction Rallies return next week, two weapons a faction in the pool, NM and DO have pulses if they win, FWC has a scout, and they talk about tuning exotics (they specifically discuss Graviton Lance which sounds promising now).

From the sounds of it, every exotic but Merciless , Telesto, Wardcliff Coil, MIDA Multi Tool, Colony, Legend of Acrius, and Vigilance Wing is getting tuned.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46643'

Jon: Hello players! I’m here to talk to you about the work going into the Exotic Tuning Pass on the D2 road map.

When Destiny first launched, we built, play-tested, and shipped a batch of Exotic weapons that we hoped would be worthy of your time and hype. Shortly after release, we were happily inundated with a mountain of player feedback. This allowed us to check our assumptions, do some tuning, and push out one of the first Destiny sandbox updates which were solely focused on Exotic weapons. We’re doing this again with Destiny 2 and this time we’re including Exotic weapons and armor.

Gameplay goals for this pass:
    • Tuning pass on Exotic gear focused on adding and/or increasing player Power spikes.
    • Focus on low-usage items, but all items are being considered.
    • Lean into an item’s established gameplay and push it harder. Avoid catch-all improvements that dilute item identity.

So how does this play out? We can look at Graviton Lance as an example. The functional concept is a weapon that fires two Cosmic Void rounds that create a zero-air-resistance tunnel for a high-caliber precision shot to fire through. The first two rounds have almost no recoil and prime the air, and the third round does high damage with no falloff. A kill knocks the body back with considerable force, it tumbles, and then explodes.

Resounding player feedback has been along the lines of “looks great, sounds great, neat explosion! I can’t get kills in PVP because all the damage is at the end of the burst, kicks too hard for the follow up, and I can’t reliably damage targets with the death explosion in any activity because the body goes flying too far backwards.”

All spectacle, not enough utility.

To target the first pain point we reduced the recoil of the burst, added some aim assist, and changed it from three rounds to two. This still plays into the fantasy of a low-damage gravity-neutralizing round forming a projectile tunnel for the last bullet. It also allows us to ensure the damage per burst is at a competitive level for PVP engagements. In fact, it gives Graviton a slight mathematical edge against other pulse rifles.

On the second feedback item, we did some tuning to the ragdoll body. We made it so that rather than violently flying backwards and likely out of range of a potential splash damage opportunity, the defeated opponent floats back and up. Then we made the explosion bigger, increased the damage, and added some void field projectiles that seek out any remaining targets.

This is one of the more exaggerated examples to help describe how we’re looking at our goals and applying them to the gear. At the time of this writing, the weapons that ARE NOT getting an update are Merciless , Telesto, Wardcliff Coil, MIDA Multi Tool, Colony, Legend of Acrius, and Vigilance Wing. Some of the above perform well without needing changes, while others, like the Vigilance Wing Pulse Rifle, are already benefitting from the tuning changes planned for Update 1.1.4. Everything else has had some degree of power or utility increase, whether it’s simply bumping a stat or some deeper plumbing as described above.

We’ll be touching a lot of powerful gear with this update and to truly understand the impact for players requires a lot of design iteration and test time. It isn’t enough to crank up the damage and run one strike or Crucible match with a gun and helmet and move on. Dialing in the right amount of power, testing in all activities with all types of load outs, finding the bugs, fixing the bugs, updating the perk description text to reflect new behavior, and then handing that off to localization for translation—it’s a ton of work, but we’re up to it. We sincerely appreciate your patience. I believe it will be worth the wait.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Xur's engram just gave me an exotic I already had in my possession. Thats not supposed to happen, is it?