Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Bard Instrument Information

I am looking for some information, and I am not sure where to ask really. And I kinda think some of this should be in the wiki in some form, If it is I apologize (maybe easier to find for new BRDs out there). I havent been able to find it here or on clopedia. I remember it being more common knowledge way way way back in the day in FFXI but I didnt play BRD back then so I can only remember snippets.

I leveled BRD a bit ago and made a lua for it and then never really got to play it. Then my computer died, so everything I do I am starting over on luas for Gearswap (and I dont want to just use a Motes file cause its way more than im interested in.)

So I got back into workin on my BRD again. just finished up my Ghorn and was doin the dynamis trials when I used Horde Lullaby II. It had a tiny ass range. literally if shit wasnt stacked on top of each other it didnt hit it. even if it was just 3 feet away it seemed.

Now I remembered back in the day in Dynamis, Bards would sleep huge swathes of mobs so this tiny range couldnt be what I remembered. I remembered that there was some differences in Instrument types but I couldnt remember specifics. I thought one of these was range of some manner. Ive searched string instrument and wind instrument and didnt see any mentions (it actually takes you to the "song" page with no info on this). I searched the Bard page and found no info.

I searched in the specific spells for Horde Lullaby I and II. I see just range = 20. Upon going out and testing on mandies outside adoulin i found with ghorn both tier 1 and 2 had the same range. but with my Terpander (my only harp i have atm, also not augmented) tier I had a huge range (according to the blue circles when targetting) but tier II had the same small circle. One of my friends suggested it could expand with range based on skill, but I dont have enough skill gear to show any difference.

so if anyone knows how do instruments effect songs like that and should this be on the wiki, or more easier to find at least if it is there? Will skill increase the range, should that be on Horde Lullaby pages? It feels like really basic information but hard to find.

Kinda like when I was doin the mount quest on mules but couldnt seem to start it on a couple. I searched BG wiki on the quest with no luck. Eventually I did accidently stumbled on the main mount page that mentioned you needed the Jueno area map KI to start (and I actually remembered after reading this that i saw that in the update notes when it was added) It felt like this should have been on the quest page (it is now there, but was missing when I did the quest). Just basic info that was missing for a time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hi,

I agree some of this should be added to the wiki and or edited better. Though it shouldn't be added to the individual song pages. We have Category pages for groupings.

What I can tell you this is our lackluster info on it atm.
    "String Instruments have a larger AoE range (based on skill) and less desirable enhancements, while Wind instruments have more desirable enhancements (particularly for enfeebling songs) and a shorter AoE range(also based on skill)."

I know lullaby has been tested a lot and I remember seeing a post about it on the AH forums. I will try digging for it later and add it to the https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Lullaby page.

All 4 Lubbaly pages if you look at the bottom have a like to this category page. This is the case with most any spell in the game. Example Refresh/2/3 all link to a Catergory page for Refresh.

One major reason most wikis use Category pages is for this reason: Information Redundancy and the Failures of Wikis

Edit: Range listed on a spell page is for how far away you can cast a spell onto something. In this cause it {You}----20Yalms----{mob}

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I tested this a while ago and posted on ffxiah. I don't think I can post links here yet.

No instrument and wind instrument is 4 yalm radius.

String radius increase with string skill only

Horde lullaby caps 154 skill for an 8 yalm radius.

Horde Lullaby II
    0-404 string skill = 4 yalm radius
    405 string skill = 5 yalm radius
    486 string skill = 6 yalm radius
    567 string skill = 7 yalm radius (predicted, wasn't obtainable when I tested)
    648 string skill = 8 yalm radius (predicted, wasn't obtainable when I tested)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I checked category: Lullaby (sorry if i wasnt more clear, sometimes things get left out as im typing from what i was thinkin lol) the info wasnt there. Thank you both for clearing things up a bit. guh why did Se go with string skill only, when using lullaby with a string. seems completely backward to the usual singing+wind or singing+string mechanic of everything else. Not sure I have enough string skill to break those tiers at the moment. prolly easier with some JPs though.