Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I'm getting pissed off at ESPN this season. There were like a dozen games on today and not ONE of them was on a ESPN channel. They had soccer and poker in primetime tonight. Nobody in the US cares about that shit! They need to have at least one game on every night.
    That's not espn's fault lol

BG Level

ESPN has the rights to show baseball so they should. During this time of the year when there is no football, hockey, or any other real sport it's ridiculous to air poker which is like watching grass grow when they could put on something people actually care about.

Changing the subject. Clayton Kershaw left the game today with a lower back strain. Likely to be put on the DL.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/d...ack-tightness/

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

ESPN has the rights to show baseball so they should. During this time of the year when there is no football, hockey, or any other real sport it's ridiculous to air poker which is like watching grass grow when they could put on something people actually care about.

Changing the subject. Clayton Kershaw left the game today with a lower back strain. Likely to be put on the DL.

I'd wager a guess that they air poker because it gets better ratings than baseball

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I honestly wouldn't mind watching poker if they muted the sound from the table. Listening to people just fuck around with their chips constantly drives me ballistic.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Strasburgh also left with arm/shoulder tightness. If either of them are out for an extended time, I expect the A's to get a ton for Gray. Oh who the fuck am I kidding? They'll fuck it up like the Donaldson trade and give him away for a dodger dog and a replica oscar.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ump Gerry Davis told Adrian Beltre to get back in the batting circle. So Beltre moved the batting circle to where he was standing.

And then he got ejected lol

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...916096/video/1

Edit: Let's not forget the part where it was the bottom of the 8th, Texas was already losing by 12 runs and Beltre (standing where he typically stands for his warmups) was 3 hits shy of 3000 and had gone 3-3 on the day already. Ump needs to get the stick outta his ass

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Ump Gerry Davis told Adrian Beltre to get back in the batting circle. So Beltre moved the batting circle to where he was standing.

And then he got ejected lol

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...916096/video/1

Edit: Let's not forget the part where it was the bottom of the 8th, Texas was already losing by 12 runs and Beltre (standing where he typically stands for his warmups) was 3 hits shy of 3000 and had gone 3-3 on the day already. Ump needs to get the stick outta his ass
    Nats tied a record with 5 homers in an inning today against the Brewers, 4 of them were back to back to back to back.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Blue Jays fans right now

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Stroman ejected, Martin ejected, and Pearce with the walk-off grand slam in extras. Quite the game.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They still have a long way to go to make it interesting. Winning 4 in a row helps for sure, but they gotta keep winning like 3 out of every 4 games (if not 4 out of every 5) if they want to even think about competing for a playoff spot.

Hell, they have to start by breaking the .500 mark which they've failed to do so what? Like 7 or 8 times this season already? lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Keep in mind that two of your wins, it appears the A's swapped bullpens with the Nat's to see if anyone would notice.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I may be Canadian but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Jays are my team lol. At this point my enjoyment of baseball is from afar, enjoying good play rather then rooting hardcore for a particular team

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The Jays are definitely a mega longshot, but the AL has been pretty shit this year and the Jays are only four games back of where they were this time 2015 so it's not impossible. Improbably, but not impossible.

Also the Rays are definitely making moves to win now. Very quietly they've been hot for a while now after being off to nearly as bad a start as the Jays.

BG Level

Ejections have gotten out of hand lately. >.> I can't find a good video of the Blue Jays one but I saw the replay on SC and it was ridiculous.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Obs will link it probably

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I wasn't going to but I found it: https://streamable.com/zj4ls. Worth pointing out that Gibbons was ejected after the previous pitch.

Happ almost got the boot last night too after Angel Hernandez called a third strike a ball (and a walk). Happ walked over to Martin and Hernandez started saying "you want something?" to him like he was trying to goad him into getting himself ejected. It was pathetic.

Edit: Found a clip from last night. http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/...sset_1800K.mp4

Edit: And Martin telling Hernandez to put his mask back on afterwards. LOL. Can't believe he wasn't tossed for that. https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/891086472136273921

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

bored at work watching the mets game. degrom just nailed some dude in the face with a 95 mph fastball, direct hit

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Tigers need to sell everything. Fulmer is cool with a rebuilding and he's an Ace. Wish they'd get rid of Rondon, especially after that bench clearing incident a few days ago.

I've been watching random games recently and something (I think) I've noticed is pitchers seem to shake their glove when setting before throwing. Am I imagining that? Is that a thing nowadays?

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    bored at work watching the mets game. degrom just nailed some dude in the face with a 95 mph fastball, direct hit
    Not pretty. https://streamable.com/bykgg