Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Streamable clip of the fight

https://streamable.com/w5j9w

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Can't get a good enough signal to see the video but I'm positive they've faced each other since then. Retaliation beaning when losing is fucking stupid so I hope it did get away from him but I'm expecting posey to get drilled tomorrow now.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Can't get a good enough signal to see the video but I'm positive they've faced each other since then. Retaliation beaning when losing is fucking stupid so I hope it did get away from him but I'm expecting posey to get drilled tomorrow now.
    Bases empty, 8th inning, 2 outs, first pitch of AB

Fastball right in the middle of hip/thigh. Looked intentional to me

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Posey noped the fuck out of the whole situation. The fact that he didn't get involved makes me think it was absolutely intentional, and he was pissed at Strickland for doing it.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    someone looked it up, that have not faced each other since then. Strickland also shook off multiple pitches from Posey, and stares down Harper as the pitch hits him. His only goal was to hit Harper in that AB. Willing to bet Posey already knew what was gonna happen when he threw and was like, fuck me, didn't even back up his Pitcher and try to stop Harper.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Unrelated, but the Blue Jays have now hit 3 Grand Slams in five games.

Edit: I'm not sure if Harper wanted to whip his helmet at Strickland or not but it's probably best that he missed if that's what he was going for.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Strickland being carried off the field by his team mates is fucking hilarious:

https://streamable.com/xai03

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Jesus Strickland is a fucking idiot. Should be scrubbing toilets in A ball for a month for that shit.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The Blue Jays as a team batted .500 tonight (23/46) against Cincinnati, and they only struck out once in 54 plate appearances. Yet Pillar somehow went 0/6.

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/...74102561316864

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Strickland sits for 6 games (AKA one start), Harper sits for 4 games (AKA four times as many starts as Strickland).

Somehow Pence avoids the automatic 10 game suspension that is supposed to apply to any player on the DL who touches the field.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Strickland sits for 6 games (AKA one start), Harper sits for 4 games (AKA four times as many starts as Strickland).

Somehow Pence avoids the automatic 10 game suspension that is supposed to apply to any player on the DL who touches the field.
    MLB suspensions are just as pitiful as NHL

GATTACA!

BG Level

He's a reliever but yeah, point taken. A game missed for a reliever is generally less harmful than an everyday player.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Not gonna lie I totally thought he was a starter. Am I thinking of a different Strickland or am I just dumb?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Suspensions are always funny. If Harper just takes his base, Strickland wouldn't have gotten suspended at all. (obviously his HBP was intentional and he deserved the suspension but it's not like the ump even threw him out after the plunk) So, like, Strickland gets suspended for...not fleeing the mound? Actually landing the only decent punch in the whole fight?

BG Level

Not gonna lie I totally thought he was a starter. Am I thinking of a different Strickland or am I just dumb?
    Hunter Strickland never started in the majors (he had some minor league starts). There's also Scott Strickland, who pitched for portions of 11 seasons from '99-'10, but he was also solely a reliever in the bigs. Jim and Bill Strickland played before you were born, but also were relievers too. In fact, none of the 5 players named Strickland have ever started a game in MLB history.

tl;dr just dumb

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Suspensions are always funny. If Harper just takes his base, Strickland wouldn't have gotten suspended at all. (obviously his HBP was intentional and he deserved the suspension but it's not like the ump even threw him out after the plunk) So, like, Strickland gets suspended for...not fleeing the mound? Actually landing the only decent punch in the whole fight?
    That's a fair point. MLB would probably argue they would've suspended him after the game, whether he was tossed or not. But to your point, that would only occur if the Nats complained after the game.

I think the simplest approach for MLB is for heavier suspensions in the few situations in which it is an obvious beaning. Some can be defended, ones like this cannot.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    That's a fair point. MLB would probably argue they would've suspended him after the game, whether he was tossed or not.
    Does that ever happen? (I actually don't know)

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Out of all the madness in that fight I still think my favourite part of the whole thing is the way Posey just stands up and watches Harper fly at Strickland. You know you fucked up when your catcher hangs you out to dry like that.

BG Level

Out of all the madness in that fight I still think my favourite part of the whole thing is the way Posey just stands up and watches Harper fly at Strickland. You know you fucked up when your catcher hangs you out to dry like that.
    That should be the best part but the best part is the Giant who comes flying in and headbutts his teammate in the jaw at full speed. Samardjza on Morse I think.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I think whoever that was also saved Harper from being completely destroyed by a tackle as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast