Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also, Nintendo's ins't asking people to sit in a theater just to watch trailers and that's it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Also, Nintendo's ins't asking people to sit in a theater just to watch trailers and that's it.
    EH, I dont mind that. I rather than then having people come up and talk about how great a game is. This is why we made fun of EA almost every year. Times are changing and E3 is starting to be come less important when you have 3 other conferences that are getting much bigger now and with Sony doing PSX and Nintendo breaking away a few years ago to just start doing directs. Its not like how it used to be where everyone waited for E3 to get any gaming news when there is stuff being announced and shown all the time thanks to the internet.

Its debatable which showed off the better games since thats come down to preference, but its hypocritical to give Sony crap when Nintendo also showed games that arent coming till 2018 and who knows how much longer (pokemon, Metroid) and they even showed games that are slated this year that has no date (Fire Emblem, Xenoblade)

Truth is the matter ALL companies do it. Which is honestly the point of E3. Its not about what is coming out in 6 months. Its about showing off what you are planned over a long period of time.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The problem is I think 90% of what Sony had this year is what they showed last year, minus the ridiculousness of dedicating time to announcing a fucking kickstarter for Shenmue 3.

Obviously all companies do it, Sony just does it *a lot.*

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Sony's first party games overall haven't exactly been stellar on the PS4. Yeah we've gotten Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero, and Bloodborne, but for every killer game there's been major clunkers like Driveclub, Knack, Order 1886, or the decent but not remotely worth the wait Last Guardian
    Nioh? The first year of PS4 wasn't good at all, but the 2nd year had some solid titles.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The problem is I think 90% of what Sony had this year is what they showed last year, minus the ridiculousness of dedicating time to announcing a fucking kickstarter for Shenmue 3.

Obviously all companies do it, Sony just does it *a lot.*
    For whatever reason they used their hour long pre-show to announce/show off whatever is coming out this year.

But, then we fall into the same trap again, if Sony DID show off anything now that wasnt slated for this year/next year people would be back "There goes Sony again! showing off games that wont come out for years!"

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

At least Sony showed off gameplay for some of their best titles. Nintendo literally replayed old theme music with words on a black backround, or talked about a game they don't even have a teaser for. People are literally more hyped for game announcements then actual trailers and gameplay.

But people always grade Nintendo on a curve, so w/e. I got excited when I heard about a core Pokemon for the switch, but it turns out that reveal was nothing more than an old man talking about how they're making it, then I got excited about a new metroid, and that was nothing more than a teaser saying it's in development. What's the next top showing for Nintendo this year, oddessey? Eh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    For whatever reason they used their hour long pre-show to announce/show off whatever is coming out this year.

But, then we fall into the same trap again, if Sony DID show off anything now that wasnt slated for this year/next year people would be back "There goes Sony again! showing off games that wont come out for years!"
    Almost none of what they showed is coming out this year though, is the funny thing. Uncharted 4 DLC and... can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Everything else was "Early 2018" or just "2018" and Detroit is still "who the hell knows."

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll admit i've been kinda pessimistic about gaming lately, especially with MMOs but if E3 was any indication we might be in for a boring year. Here are a my thoughts on a few games that were announced.

Assassin's Creed Origins - I'll pass, stopped playing the series on AC2 and so far Ubisoft hasn't presented anything that would bring me back to it.
    Anthem - Bioware has had some serious quality issues lately (ME: Andromeda, ME3 ending, DA: I's repetitiveness) and while Anthem looks great graphically I don't think it'll deliver a satisfying story or satisfying gameplay.
    Destiny 2 - Hard pass. Bungie fucked up with Destiny 1 and went so far as to ask players to pay for DLC to fix what was broken with the game. Nothing that was announced for Destiny 2 makes me feel like they learned their lesson or earned my trust.
    Call of Duty - Pass, solely because i'm not big on these types of FPSes.
    Metro Exodus - Never actually played the first two, might see if I can get them on sale.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - I know people love this series and i'm glad those people are getting more of it. I've tried every Uncharted game and there's always some point in the game where it completely loses my attention and interest. I'm going to pass on this one because I'm sure the same thing will happen yet again.

Days Gone - I'm so mixed on this one. As far as i'm aware they've only shown off gameplay snippets. The game looks fine but i'm not sure if i'll be interested in the plot versus something like The Last of Us 2.
    Detroit: Become Human - I'm interested in this one but I've heard that Heavy Rain and Beyond dropped the ball when it came to the story, so i'm going to be cautiously optimistic on this one and probably wait until reviews are out before I purchase it.
    Shadow of the Colossus - I'm glad they're remaking it. I might pick this one up.
    .hack//G.U. - I'm excited this is getting a remaster but I remember this series being really repetitive and i'm not sure if the gameplay will be as entertaining as it was back then. I may pick it up depending on the price and what my backlog looks like at the time.
    God of War - I played the first one a long time ago, it's really taking a turn with the new one and it almost reminds me of Horizon. Ultimately though, i'm not a big fan of the GoW universe. I'll likely pass.
    Ni no Kuni II - This one is right up my alley. I'm really looking for Action RPGs right now so I may pick it up if my tastes change when it comes out.
    Monster Hunter: World - Looks good but i'm not sure how I feel about the encounters taking so long. I'm going to have to research into this some more. I've also never played a MH game.

Games i'm excited for:

Dissidia NT - Being a super biased Final Fantasy fan, i'll pick this up regardless if it's good.
    South Park: Fractured but whole - It's South Park, i'm sold.
    The Last Night - I'm not at all into indie games but this looks amazing.
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Loved the original, will be picking up this one and the sequel regardless.
    Crackdown 3 - I loved the first one, but I don't actually have an Xbox One to play it on.

So we have FFXII - The Zodiac Age coming out next month, we have Stormblood coming out tomorrow. I'm really concerned for the rest of the year when it comes to gaming at least in the genre's i'm interested in. XIV is only going to keep my attention for so long, i'll eventually become bored and bitter that it's nothing like XI. FFXII will be fun, but based off my experience rebuying FFX and FFVII HD I doubt i'll get very far in the game before I get bored of it. That leaves pretty much my backlog of games to keep me going. I have two Tales games I need to finish and I have the two Witcher 3 DLCs i've been saving for a rainy day. I'm seriously concerned about what the hell i'm going to do for the rest of the year.

I've tried to get out of my comfort zone in the past to see if a game will keep my interest and it almost always ends up being a waste of money (Exception being the Life is Strange) so i'm really iffy about picking up something like Anthem or Days Gone.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Pick up Ori and the Blind Forest since it's half price on Steam right now (10 bucks) and then you can add Ori2 to your hype list. Gorgeous graphics, incredible, incredible soundtrack, tight controls, and the story chokes a lot of people up.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Almost none of what they showed is coming out this year though, is the funny thing. Uncharted 4 DLC and... can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Everything else was "Early 2018" or just "2018" and Detroit is still "who the hell knows."
    The pre-show was mostly titles this year. Knack 2, Undertale, Crash, Super hot VR, a few of the VR games.

Honestly shouldn't expect much for the last few months of the year anyways. Sony over the last few years showed they rather have their bigger titles release in the first half of the year, then let their marketing deals with the big 3rd parties carry them through holiday.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just watched Devolver Digital's "conference." How did I miss this gem?

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/12...ess-conference

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Just watched Devolver Digital's "conference." How did I miss this gem?

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/12...ess-conference
    All 10 hours?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nah I only saw the 15 min segment in that url!