FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    as I said, that article was shit.

Keep pretending to care about player safety, while you post the opposite when anyone other then a Penguin gets hurt.
    Makes the caps look bad = shit?

Did DT45 teach you that? You don't agree with someones viewpoint, therefore they are a moron?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Makes the caps look bad = shit?

Did DT45 teach you that? You don't agree with someones viewpoint, therefore they are a moron?
    I don't agree with his viewpoint because he has a shit viewpoint. He says Ovi slashed him twice, once in the head, this is incorrect, he slashed once, and the recoil of the blade bounced back and brushed Crosby's head, it is not a slash and had minimal impact. He also suggested this slash caused Crosby to lose balance when instead it was clearly the skates clipping that did so. His entire analysis of why this play was so bad, is completely incorrect.

He is only looking at this one incident, instead of bringing up all the other recent issues. If you want to claim this slash is awful or the NHL is ignoring player safety, then bring up Crosby's slash that nearly amputated Methot's finger, or Hartman's clear and deliberate hit to the head of a player, or the refs ignoring Werenski laying motionless on the ice, while a pool of blood formed. If you want to claim champion of player safety, make sure you point out all the other things that have happened, instead of cherry picking probably the least vicious one, that just happened to have the worst result.

While I agree Ovi's slash is something the NHL has let go on far too long and is out of hand, it does occur on nearly every single breakaway or rush to the goal, and was not some out of the ordinary, malicious or targeted attack on Crosby. Crosby is probably near the top of the offenders' list when it comes to slashing as well, which makes this all the more sad that people suddenly care when it's him getting hurt.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't agree with his viewpoint because he has a shit viewpoint. He says Ovi slashed him twice, once in the head, this is incorrect, he slashed once, and the recoil of the blade bounced back and brushed Crosby's head, it is not a slash and had minimal impact. He also suggested this slash caused Crosby to lose balance when instead it was clearly the skates clipping that did so. His entire analysis of why this play was so bad, is completely incorrect.

He is only looking at this one incident, instead of bringing up all the other recent issues. If you want to claim this slash is awful or the NHL is ignoring player safety, then bring up Crosby's slash that nearly amputated Methot's finger, or Hartman's clear and deliberate hit to the head of a player, or the refs ignoring Werenski laying motionless on the ice, while a pool of blood formed. If you want to claim champion of player safety, make sure you point out all the other things that have happened, instead of cherry picking probably the least vicious one, that just happened to have the worst result.

While I agree Ovi's slash is something the NHL has let go on far too long and is out of hand, it does occur on nearly every single breakaway or rush to the goal, and was not some out of the ordinary, malicious or targeted attack on Crosby. Crosby is probably near the top of the offenders' list when it comes to slashing as well, which makes this all the more sad that people suddenly care when it's him getting hurt.
    Whoah dude calm down we don't need a dissertation here... I'm too busy to post about every single DOPS issue... not posting about Hartman doesn't mean I don't care and we've already beat the werenski horse dead... it wasn't a preventable issue, you can't suspend for shooting on net and the puck deflecting into someone's face and the act of blowing the whistle immediately or five seconds later has no material change on the injury and ability to recover from said injury

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Holy shit Watson smoked Pajaarvi

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Whoah dude calm down we don't need a dissertation here... I'm too busy to post about every single DOPS issue... not posting about Hartman doesn't mean I don't care and we've already beat the werenski horse dead... it wasn't a preventable issue, you can't suspend for shooting on net and the puck deflecting into someone's face and the act of blowing the whistle immediately or five seconds later has no material change on the injury and ability to recover from said injury
    Why bother blowing the play dead while Crosby is on the ice motionless? Is stopping play going to prevent him from having a concussion? Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it.

You don't have to look them up, the point is you typically don't care, and even take an opposing view on these situations unless it's a Penguin getting hit. In the case of Hartman, you chose to instead defend the hit/penalty/suspension that involved a Penguin, even though I clearly said it was also dirty.

You know who should be looking these things up and writing about them? The guy being paid to write an article and claiming the NHL's violent history is revealing itself, instead of simply writing some drivel to grab a few clicks in the chaos of an unfortunate and awful injury. You thinking his article is anything more, is just sad.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...o-do-something

Guess Paul Coffey is a worthless moron too... probably knows zilch about hockey

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Funny how he said basically said the same thing now I did... that yeah I can see how niskanen reacted to protect himself but how AO8s slash was completely a non-hockey play no one can naturally perceive doing

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...o-do-something

Guess Paul Coffey is a worthless moron too... probably knows zilch about hockey
    “The thing everybody’s overlooking—and we’ll never, never know because Sid got hit twice—is the two-hander he took to the back of the neck and the head by Ovechkin,” said Coffey.

“When Crosby was falling down, that could’ve been the initial blow that hurt him. Nobody knows, and nobody’s talking about that. That was a brutal two-hander by Ovechkin to Crosby when he was going to the net.”
    Yep, he is a moron. The slash to the arm, wasn't what caused him to fall, and the high stick to the head on the recoil, was minimal and probably had no real effect, and yet again, no mention that Crosby fell because of the skates clipping.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If Tom Wilson took that swing to crosbys head instead of AO8 do you think it would've been brushed under the rug in the same manner? Probably not

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Again, what swing to the head? There was a slash to the arm and the recoil afterward that brushed Crosby's head. Did we not take physics or any science in school? Do we not understand stick flex?

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Again, what swing to the head? There was a slash to the arm and the recoil afterward that brushed Crosby's head. Did we not take physics or any science in school? Do we not understand stick flex?
    Do you

Judai cobbnobbler

Think

That if tom Wilson did what ovi did

that we would be discussing an NHL non-disciplinary issue

The way we are for AO8?

Yes or no.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

1. Laugh at DoPS for inconsistent discipline in the past.
    2. Attempt to use potential DoPS review if a different player was involved as proof of wrongdoing.

Pretty good attempt but it's pretty stupid.

No, I do not think DoPS would review a slash to the arm even if made by Tom Wilson, and it has no bearing on whether the play was acceptable or not. The NHL needs to do away with slashes like this, I said that before, as recently as when Crosby slashed a finger in half. However, the slash itself did not cause Crosby to fall, or play in the injury at all.

Do you think DoPS would have reviewed the slash on Methot if it was Tom Sestito committing it?
    Do you think DoPS would review a dangerous hit to the head by Tom Sestito on an unexpecting Goalie?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Allen just nuts tonight

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ELLIS!

Another monster goal; 7 game playoff point streak.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Go Perds!

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Edmundson trying to hit Subban in the head....tsk tsk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Subban for embellishment? wat... he even left the bench cause he's hurt?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah that embellishment call was inane

WASTE OF CURRENCY