+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's such a piece of shit I started moving my bedroom around in the middle. CGI is on point tho, I'll give them that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Idk, I enjoyed watching it lol. Maybe my expectations were just low. This is way better than Dragon Ball Evolution, or Avatar, or Death Note.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    CGI is on point tho, I'll give them that.
    This is a joke, right?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Is it a "this is so bad its fun to watch" complete shit at least?

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I watched it with some friends and some drinks and had a good time. Not sure it would be fun solo.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    This is a joke, right?
    Nah man Alphone was done pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I'd say so. You start going "well they needed to change things to squeeze this into 2 hours", then you go "what the fuck is happening", then "oh ok yeah they just gotta switch things around", then the last hour you'll say "this is so bad but I need to see where they end this".

The climax is terribad, and honestly since brotherhood is the latest fma series you want to compare it to that but you shouldnt. You should really compare this to the original series, and then it's not bad it's just not canon. But this is bad and not cannon, and the directing really does feel like it's a fan made project that somehow reached 3million on gofundme lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dude I started it and just started skipping around. The direction of everything was bad I felt like it had no idea what it wanted to do half the time. The forced conflict with Al and Ed seemed SO out of place it was just like here's a plot device oh it's over now and had no real rhyme or reason for being there. Also lets give the guy who doesn't need a gun, because he just combusts things at will, a gun because why not.

Spoiler: show
    Also in the show did Envy pretend to be Mustang? I thought he just showed up as his wife.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Also in the show did Envy pretend to be Mustang? I thought he just showed up as his wife.
    not in that scene. He pretends to be ross in that scene, but pretends to be mustang later on to try and confuse hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    not in that scene. He pretends to be ross in that scene, but pretends to be mustang later on to try and confuse hawkeye.
    It's Ross and Envy screws up what side the beauty mark is on then turns into his wife? I remember him pretending to be mustang and Hawkeye caught onto his shit like right away because Envy misplayed how to handle their forbidden love bs. Then he hurts hawkeye and Mustang basically murders him. (although I confuse how it happens in normal FMA vs Brotherhood now)

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Dude I started it and just started skipping around. The direction of everything was bad I felt like it had no idea what it wanted to do half the time. The forced conflict with Al and Ed seemed SO out of place it was just like here's a plot device oh it's over now and had no real rhyme or reason for being there. Also lets give the guy who doesn't need a gun, because he just combusts things at will, a gun because why not.

The Ed and Al scene/fight sucked in the anime too. I rewatched the series recently with the gf for a 3rd time and I always just get up and do something else during that ep lol. Of all the things they included in this movie I have no idea why they left that in. Waste of 20min honestly. They could have used that time and cut the bad guy out and replaced him with something that wasn't terrible lol.

The Ed and Al scene/fight sucked in the anime too. I rewatched the series recently with the gf for a 3rd time and I always just get up and do something else during that ep lol. Of all the things they included in this movie I have no idea why they left that in. Waste of 20min honestly. They could have used that time and cut the bad guy out and replaced him with something that wasn't terrible lol.

Yeah but there was at least a reason because Barry the Butcher basically screwed with his mind since he could relate to the same circumstances. This was just. . . silly

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The short answer is this movie sucked. They did the Nina scene good tho. That cgi was on point too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah but there was at least a reason because Barry the Butcher basically screwed with his mind since he could relate to the same circumstances. This was just. . . silly
    And this was a guy with experience in the same field fucking with his mind lol. They just combined two plot lines, but it was the same basic thing going on.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

The short answer is this movie sucked. They did the Nina scene good tho. That cgi was on point too.

I could not disagree more. Everything in this movie looked cheap, especially the climax with those... things.

Basically this movie arbitrarly plucked plot points from the whole series and put them into the movie without any seeming thought or care for where they fit into the story or giving each point a proper amount of screen-time. Like, how the fuck is Scar not in this movie at all?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If you take out Xing and put less emphasis on the War in Isvhal, Scar can be left out pretty easily.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Watched this last night. Was pretty much par for the course for most all adapted to live action manga/anime movies, which should tell you a lot about those movies. Very rarely does one come out that actually makes a good movie