BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Issues with alignment are usually due to your window and menu resolutions being different. The addons and plugins made for Ashita were designed before SE offered the ability to alter the menu resolution so they are not coded to handle the different scaling that can be done because of it. To fix this, usually you can just set the menu resolution to match your window size and it should align properly then. However, some less common resolutions may still have some issues.

As for this not working with Windower, it is not something that is broken. It is intentionally coded that way.
    Thats the thing I just wish someone could code this fix for windower as well.
    Oddly enough it's set at 2560x1440 windowed fullscreen both on Pol and ashita and the numbers while in the right area arent aligned properly still theyre slighty lower than they should be and thus arent next to their respective bars. Ill try again later to see and post a SS even to show what I mean.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    Thats the thing I just wish someone could code this fix for windower as well.
    Oddly enough it's set at 2560x1440 windowed fullscreen both on Pol and ashita and the numbers while in the right area arent aligned properly still theyre slighty lower than they should be and thus arent next to their respective bars. Ill try again later to see and post a SS even to show what I mean.
    Can you post all your resolutions you are using as well? (Window, Background, Menu) I can take a look when I get home and see if I can replicate the issue.

It should be placed in the same folder as pol.exe (or the same folder as the private server boot loader you use if you play on a private server.) I personally only tested on private servers since I do not play on retail. The handful people that have tested for me were on various systems, mostly Windows 10, and had no issues or need to put it in the FFXI folder since the main app loading the d3d8.dll module is pol.exe. If you bounce back from FFXI to pol and back into FFXI in a single instance it may have issues with the current path and may require it to be in the FFXI folder as well, but initially it shouldn't need to be there.
    POL isn't loading it at all, I can tell because I can delete the file once POL is running. It'll only load when I launch FFXI from POL and only if D3D8.dll is located in FFXI's directory. Also I am running plain ordinary FFXI, no windowers or anything.

Is it possible to fix the flickering on the wings of giant birds? this happens a few other places as well but giant birds are the most obvious. This problem first appeared in Windows 7, it didn't happen in Windows 2000. Maybe with this DirectX 9 wrapper we can finally fix it. It's not z-fighting it's something that affects double sided polygons and has something to do with lighting (when I disabled lighting in the wrapper's INI the problem went away but so did the lighting)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
    POL isn't loading it at all, I can tell because I can delete the file once POL is running. It'll only load when I launch FFXI from POL and only if D3D8.dll is located in FFXI's directory. Also I am running plain ordinary FFXI, no windowers or anything.

Is it possible to fix the flickering on the wings of giant birds? this happens a few other places as well but giant birds are the most obvious. This problem first appeared in Windows 7, it didn't happen in Windows 2000. Maybe with this DirectX 9 wrapper we can finally fix it. It's not z-fighting it's something that affects double sided polygons and has something to do with lighting (when I disabled lighting in the wrapper's INI the problem went away but so did the lighting)
    What version of Windows are you on?
    What anti-virus, if any, do you have installed?
    What other non-common programs do you have running when you are playing FFXI?

Trying to determine if something else you have installed or running is preventing the game from loading proxies from within the same folder, such as an anti-virus that will not allow system DLLs to be overridden like this.
    Every system I've tested on, Win7,8.1,10 all worked fine using the install instructions I listed for the project. So I'm wondering if it's something else you have installed causing it to fail.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

If you would like to contact me on Discord, I can help you out over TeamViewer to try and find out the cause of your crash. My Discord name is:
    atom0s#3826
    I added you a couple weeks ago, but I don't think we've been online at the same time. Is there a specific time you're usually available? Barring that, are there any obvious things I could troubleshoot on my end, or settings that might cause the crash?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I added you a couple weeks ago, but I don't think we've been online at the same time. Is there a specific time you're usually available? Barring that, are there any obvious things I could troubleshoot on my end, or settings that might cause the crash?
    Just leave me a message whenever, I'm generally invisible on Discord for one reason or another.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As for this not working with Windower, it is not something that is broken. It is intentionally coded that way.
    I am curious - did it just make it easier to code it by excluding Windower or was it a purposeful choice as to drive up Ashita use? Either way, I have used this on my laptop and it is glorious, so smooth! I just can't part with Gearswap.

Thanks for all your have done for FFXI users, you're quite a contributor

What version of Windows are you on?
    What anti-virus, if any, do you have installed?
    What other non-common programs do you have running when you are playing FFXI?

Trying to determine if something else you have installed or running is preventing the game from loading proxies from within the same folder, such as an anti-virus that will not allow system DLLs to be overridden like this.
    Every system I've tested on, Win7,8.1,10 all worked fine using the install instructions I listed for the project. So I'm wondering if it's something else you have installed causing it to fail.
    I'm running Windows 10 and Avast anti virus.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

I'm running Windows 10 and Avast anti virus.
    Avast could be preventing it from working properly and preventing in-folder overrides from happening.

Avast could be preventing it from working properly and preventing in-folder overrides from happening.
    Well it does work so long as I have D3D8.dll in both the playonline viewer and Final Fantasy XI folders. I know this for a fact because I had Z fighting issues and had to adjust the "fix" in the INI by increasing the bias a little.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Well it does work so long as I have D3D8.dll in both the playonline viewer and Final Fantasy XI folders. I know this for a fact because I had Z fighting issues and had to adjust the "fix" in the INI by increasing the bias a little.
    Yeah, something on your system is causing the need for both folders as that is not needed on a stock Windows install with no AV or similar type of application running.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

would this allow me to run ffxi on my laptop with windows 7 without needing to lower graphics to such a point that i cant read names and makes n64 look good

this is how i play on 2 characters at the same time. i cant say for sure, but it probably has an effect on my will to play lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

What in the fuck.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

this is what battle looks like, lol. these are old screenshots but its still the same. there is no other option if i want to be able to efficiently use shortcuts to type spells out that arent macro'd and be able to do things like double mb my own sc's ect. without lag.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How are you able to play this long looking at that conglomeration of pixels >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Bukadan View Post

this is what battle looks like, lol. these are old screenshots but its still the same. there is no other option if i want to be able to efficiently use shortcuts to type spells out that arent macro'd and be able to do things like double mb my own sc's ect. without lag.
    What in the actual fuck is this?!?!? I've seen 8-bit NES games look better than this conglomeration of pixels.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

mother of god

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lol would this help me live a better life though

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It might. It only takes a few minutes to try. It took my tablet from 2-3 fps to a silky smooth 10-15 fps.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Bukadan View Post
    would this allow me to run ffxi on my laptop with windows 7 without needing to lower graphics to such a point that i cant read names and makes n64 look good
    I can't say for sure if it will or won't help in any specific situation. But it is not hard to setup and test. And if you don't see improvements it is simple to delete and remove to put things back to normal. Give it a try and see if it can help with your situation.
    Upgrade those N64 graphics to PS2!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag