Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fun movie. Saw it last night. Music was great. The action was brutal, and sometimes hilarious.

BG Level

lit, no two ways about it. the plot was fine, a step more convoluted than they dun killed my dog to be be sure but nothing too difficult to follow, boilerplate le Carre more than anything. Charlize was exceptional, she projects the visceral violence of action so much better than most six-pack stars which is especially impressive considering she ain't much woman, and McAvoy as magnetic world-weary libertine steals near every scene he's in, man does charismatic scumbag better than anyone.

but that action tho. a fucking shoe gets (rightly) the lion's share of the trailer credit but the double-zombie stairway fight to life and death with undercut eminem to a long swim was the most spectacular action sequence i've seen in many a movie. the sound design is also exceptional with enough late-80s pop synth to throw Eastern Europe vibes all over the place + the gunshot during the car chase blowing out the sound to a tinnitus ring until a second shot brings back a normal sound-bar was so right. the film's technique is just so damn tight and stylish. also, quite funny. cutting from the year's most febrile lesbian sex scene to a hot and bothered Toby Jones brought many a lawlz.

it's a damn shame this movie isn't doing great at the box office and isn't receiving the kind of word of mouth fanboyism that films like John Wick and Kingsman got, as i think it stands firmly with John Wick 2, The Raid(s), and Fury Road in the R-rated action renaissance of recent years. Atomic Blonde is probably the weakest on that list but it's also the most thoughtful and the funniest.

all in all a sensational stylistic outing with enough thematic muscle and characterization sinew to keep the proceedings weighted and meaningful. 5/5 bottle openers to the cheek.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    boilerplate le Carre more than anything
    Funny. I literally walked out of the theater saying "movie was a lot more le carre than advertised"

All around sick. Would watch with pants off again.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Damn i didn't realize this film wasn't doing so well at the box office. It has doubled its production budget so its at least profitable. This film was stylish as fuck but I'm not sure if I want a sequel without McAvoy. I assume the director will get more work tho which is great as he is clearly the more stylish or the Wick boys.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries