1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Played the benchmark and definitely like the SCH af more 'live'.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Have been interested in a bull charge-esque ability for WAR for a while now (actually expected one from HW). I actually don't expect jobs to get more than 1 or 2 new abilities with their focus on downsizing ability loadouts.
    I think it was datamined that we're only getting two new skills in the 60-70 range but they are removing skills at lower levels and some will be replaced by new ones.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Really hoping they get rid of the random +stat passives and add something interesting in their place. They did say we should have about the same amount of abilities when they are done but many should end up combined into a shared skill(ex. Rampart & shadowskin). I'm worried they may combine to much though causing jobs to lose identity. Such as dropping Vengeance into the rampart/shadowskin combination so Warrior now just has a generic 20% damage reduction.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Assuming the celebration scene of the benchmark is all the jobs with their new AF, WAR one is lame as fuck just like SCH

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Assuming the celebration scene of the benchmark is all the jobs with their new AF, WAR one is lame as fuck just like SCH
    Really like the weapon personally

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Really hoping they get rid of the random +stat passives and add something interesting in their place. They did say we should have about the same amount of abilities when they are done but many should end up combined into a shared skill(ex. Rampart & shadowskin). I'm worried they may combine to much though causing jobs to lose identity. Such as dropping Vengeance into the rampart/shadowskin combination so Warrior now just has a generic 20% damage reduction.
    The point of moving skills from the jobs themselves to the shared pool is to make room for more unique ones. They said their goal is to enhance job uniqueness but we'll have to wait and see if that's the case.
    I'm honestly worried about Scholar at this point, I can sense a "stealth" nerf coming.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That's the first PLD/tank set they've added in a while that I don't hate.

Also, who the actual fuck asked this question, and why the actual fuck did they answer it?

Q50: I really like the feminine bosses and monsters that appear in instanced content. Will Patch 4.0 have beautiful, powerful female bosses similar to Sophia and Scathach? We are really looking forward to Lakshmi!

But why do tank pieces always have to have the "dress" aspect to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Also, who the actual fuck asked this question, and why the actual fuck did they answer it?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    Balmung has a high % of people who has no idea what content is, so sadly it's not them lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, I've read that items in instance will only drop for classes that are doing in the instance. On one had - cool, on the other, gearing up other classes will me somewhat harder.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It said specifically at the boss though. So maybe you get gear for random jobs in the dungeon from all chests throughout the dungeon, but the boss drops 1 item at random for your class...or something. Not sure how it's gonna work yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'll really fucking sweet for glamour hunting.

Not much else since you get job AF at 70 so you don't have to buy gear from a vendor to do the final fight.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

if we are only getting 2 new abilities that's boring as shit.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I think it was datamined that we're only getting two new skills in the 60-70 range but they are removing skills at lower levels and some will be replaced by new ones.
    How are they datamining abilities...? This is the first I heard of this. Where did you find this information?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Internal headers for the expansion pack quests were in the last major update, and there's some things to be gleamed from the recently released benchmark.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Internal headers for the expansion pack quests were in the last major update, and there's some things to be gleamed from the recently released benchmark.
    Any links you could share?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

They also said they were removing some abilities, changing some, and combining others, so I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

"The Wanderer's Minuet and Gauss Barrel have been removed. They are now part of the core gameplay." ?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    They also said they were removing some abilities, changing some, and combining others, so I wouldn't freak out just yet.
    I think it's more "So instead of new abilities, we're getting refurbished abilities and 1.0 abilities added." 2 new abilities? Cool, however... with the battle system "revamp" it's the perfect tme to add more useful and fun abilities, instead of stripping away or combining abilities people who don't run content hasn't touched ever, then again..there's literally a split between people who say healers should DPS and who shouldn't dps..so people would rather stand around/jump around than be productive in content.