1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    It's essentially a don't ask don't tell policy.
    This. From what Ive heard from the people inside they wanted to be hardline on it for a few minutes but every time theyve met with the world first people they basically say without parsers it wouldnt be possible and point out in data that healer DPS is super required and SE is like no way we did it without, they call bullshit, SE says fuck, you got us.

Dont talk about your parser and you cant get in trouble, hell you can even really talk about it, its if you get reported talking about it, they have to make a stand and all you really have to say is I was just messin with them, I dont have a parser, I made a guess based on how quickly it died yada yada. They cant detect parsers at all. They can sort of detect the movement bots but legit players can have the same issue if they are having latency problems, so its a bit of a fuckup on their end. New servers might assist with that since the new datacenter should be faster and in a better location to serve the populace.

As far as addons go thats also on Sonys end, Sony wouldnt let them release an addon on PC that couldnt be on PS4/PS3, now that the PS3 is gone, they will have an option to actually move forward with addons but only if they dont cause any sort of crashing issues on the playstation end. My money says we will get some of the addon functionality built into the UI for the most wanted stuff but the chance of getting proper addons ala WoW is basically a null at this point, itll be danced around until Yoshida finally gets drunk enough in Vegas to say nah, we cant do addons bro please understand.

Im really hoping the next raid tier is better though, I had zero thoughts on wanting to do anything in 3.X as far as raiding goes but I was hype for 2.X all the time. Needs more world ending Dragons and shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Fight design - I actually like a lot of the fights in 3.x - But the problems were with the story (Fuck gobbies), the tuning (AS3 was perfect, but for an end of tier fight. AS8 was also pretty close. But phase skipping on week 1 in Creator was terrible) and the QA (some notable bugs that come to mind was Water in AS8, and some bugs on Vortexer - but also this would have solved the tuning issue in AS4 and the sacking strats were pretty bleh).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Still waiting for those FC Primal summoning even if it's going to be a glorified 9,999 damage attack in FATEs, which I guarantee it will be for FATEs because "SHINRYU IS THREATENING OUR VERY EXISTENCE! GO FORTH WARRIOR OF LIGHTS AND SPAM THESE FATES TO DEFEAT HIM!"
    They can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and just have a XV "crossover" where we get the ability to use XV summons as the FC thermonuclear bomb.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Updated the OP with the URLs for all services.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Scrolling through the questions on the forum, it doesn't look promising. Essentially a bunch of stuff that has been answered already:

-Will there be Beseiged? = "We're not FFXI (laughs)"
    -Changes to the glam system in SB? = "We're working on other shit"
    -Please parser? = *walks away*

And a bunch of stuff that won't/can't be answered...
    And a bunch of stuff that bears no meaning to anything, like glams and new animations...

I'd ask myself why I'm even bothering to watch this, but I know it's just for dem Yoshi-P reactions to idiotic questions.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

To be fair SE already stated they won't cover anything we want and need to hear about so the spectrum of questions is pretty much limited to shit they won't answer, shit that has no reason being asked and things they don't want to "spoil."

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Loving these new characters and the underlying Japanese racial identity feelings that inform them XD

New samurai bossu, Garlean Imperial Army XIIth Legion Legatus Zenos yae Galvus. He squashed Doma and took their swords. Cultural appropriation, what a true villain.

Yotsuyu, the imperial viceroy of Doma. Racist against Domans. She looks like she belongs in an Edo-era whorehouse.

Hien, the heir to the Doman throne. The only not-evil new character so far, but he disappeared after the rebellion was crushed.

Fordola, token hot chick Ala Mhigan soldier stuck between the promises of the Garleans and the scorn of her countrymen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm hearing that they've confirmed AF3 coming from job quests this time around but the official answer implies that you can pick one set at 70 which isn't the same thing. So... what?
    I don't want another job locked set of tomestones.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Probably the most important part to come out of this besides benchmark:

Also, we will be removing the skill cooldowns for when changing classes in non-sanctuary areas. Additionally, sprint will no longer consume TP. Tanks and melee DPS will be able to more easily use sprint in raids.

Just speculating for new job abilities based on the benchmark.

BRD gets to shoot more arrows through mirrored runes?
    BLM gets a new darkness spell?
    WHM gets a new aoe heal
    SCH gets a new shield, fairy HP link?
    AST gets either new cards, card fusion, or can flip the card to an enemy detriment card instead.
    DRG gets a mini LB,
    SMN gets an upgraded fester or upgraded ruin. seems to share light similarities to dreadwyrm trance's finisher in animation.
    MNK gets a new upper cut?, possibly buff from opening 8th chakra(3GL Stack), multi-hit combo(maybe just tornado kick, I don't remember the animation too well)
    PLD gets mini holy or now has reprisal from FFXI. Holy spike dmg when damage taken, Increased block rate with diminishing returns with more hits taken.
    DRK gets cover or shield, possibly HP threshold shielding based on shatter effect
    WAR gets a gap closer similar to DRK's leap
    NIN gets the frog from naruto that casts Katon.
    SAM gets to look very underwhelming.
    RDM's gets a casting range that is the longest in the game and can jump further than a basketball court.

Also Yojimbo, Cause far east.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Did they show pix of those characters?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PLD is dope, SCH is cool but feels a little too close to the original

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Did they show pix of those characters?
    Here's one:
    https://imgur.com/a/zqZQk

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Interesting

NIN gets the frog from naruto that casts Katon.
    And all of my sighs if this is a thing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It'll be a thing and does fall in line with how they're 'merging' skills.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Interesting

And all of my sighs if this is a thing.
    Sighs or not, frogs that breathed fire are a pretty big part of those old japanese stories of shinobi-esque heroes. Not gonna be able to take the Japanese out of a Japanese thing. I'm not surprised its in at all. My biggest issue is how long the animation itself took. Its going to be incredibly useless as a method of dealing damage in a game where you're required to preposition every .5 seconds in any fight that matters, unless you're given some kind of massive defensive buff while using it stationary.

We just got through an original game and an expansion that absolutely punished stationary moves, so the point of absolute frustration for BLMs. Sounds like SE hasn't learned a whole lot from that if they aren't keeping all of this extensive movement in-mind when designing abilities.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

To be fair, just because they show the character standing still and completing an animation doesn't mean you can't move. They mainly want to show off the animations. We won't know until release what might cause animation locks and issues with mobility.

For example, when they showed off dreadwyrm trance and finisher. You can move all over the place while the animation is going off.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Have been interested in a bull charge-esque ability for WAR for a while now (actually expected one from HW). I actually don't expect jobs to get more than 1 or 2 new abilities with their focus on downsizing ability loadouts.