1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXV - April 28th - Stormblood

EU: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...c4582beefb6b72
    NA: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...b3f6ebeeed5dad

The date has been set for the thirty-fifth installment of the Letter from the Producer LIVE! Producer & Director Yoshi-P will be answering Patch 4.0-related questions from fans across the globe. Don’t miss this chance to get the latest information regarding Stormblood!

Date & Time

Friday, April 28, 2017 at 13:00 (BST) / 12:00 (GMT)
    *Starting time is subject to change

URL

YouTube Live (http://sqex.to/PyJ)
    Niconico Live (http://sqex.to/JLU)
    Twitch (http://sqex.to/htj)

* Please note that the audio will be available in Japanese only.

Show Details

Information related to FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood
    Special FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Q&A Session
    Special FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Q&A Session

Prior to the live stream, questions will be accepted in the designated thread on the official forum. It is also possible to ask questions during the live stream. To do so, please follow the official FFXIV Twitter account (@FF_XIV_EN) and send tweets containing the “XIVLive” hash tag.

Official Forum Questions Thread: http://sqex.to/iGP
    Official FFXIV Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

Q&A Theme

Questions related to FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood*

* Please note: Information pertaining to job actions, action adjustments, and the battle system revamp is planned to be released during a Letter from the Producer LIVE scheduled for May. Please hold onto any questions related to those topics until then.

Questions will be forwarded to Naoki Yoshida who will attempt to field as many questions as possible, to the best of his ability. Those of you who are unable to view the live broadcast, never fear! All the questions and answers will be posted periodically on the official forums, with a summary of topics discussed made available shortly thereafter.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

* Please note: Information pertaining to job actions, action adjustments, and the battle system revamp is planned to be released during a Letter from the Producer LIVE scheduled for May. Please hold onto any questions related to those topics until then.
    I'll never understand this mindset because he was clearly tired of certain questions at pax's SB Q&A....now we're only allowed to ask those kinds of questions instead of very important questions.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I'll never understand this mindset because he was clearly tired of certain questions at pax's SB Q&A....now we're only allowed to ask those kinds of questions instead of very important questions.

"Mr. Yoshida, given that the new expansion is only a few months away and the concern is mounting for difficult and rewarding content as well as job balance, please tell us if there are any current or future plans to release Cheese Sandwich recipes for Culinarians!"

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'll do the same as I always do: Ask about choco racing in the gold saucer.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Questions related to FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood
    "Will the Stormblood 4.x lifecycle finally see official user made add-on functionality?"

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

People keep asking for that not understanding or caring that it was never going to be what they want it to be.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can pretty much say that about nearly everything about XIV, actually.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, who knew using outdated XI tech as a base wouldn't lend itself well to modding?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

After seeing Yoshi's reaction to DPS meter questions, why would anyone still think even for a single second that user-created add-ons are ever going to be a thing in XIV? It should be painfully obvious to even the most Kool-Aid addled white knight that the management stance on the kinds of things that users would create as add-ons is a resounding "no, never, get that shit out of here, just use your 3rd party parsers and pray we don't catch you".

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

"Mod support" was never going to allow or enable you to create parsers, that's my point. People think it's not happening because of some recent development related to meters but they were never going to be supported or created in the first place. It was always going to be limited to shit like icon packs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Maybe. But any platform SE might make that allows user input will be taken advantage of day 1 by coders who are better than them. That's how it's always been and that's how it will always be. Honestly I think that's the #1 reason they haven't done it yet.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

So was anything remotely interesting covered or was this just a monthly reminder that yoshida isn't dead yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's in a week

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    After seeing Yoshi's reaction to DPS meter questions, why would anyone still think even for a single second that user-created add-ons are ever going to be a thing in XIV? It should be painfully obvious to even the most Kool-Aid addled white knight that the management stance on the kinds of things that users would create as add-ons is a resounding "no, never, get that shit out of here, just use your 3rd party parsers and pray we don't catch you".
    Things aren't as white and black as you're making them out to be. SE is no longer on a witch hunt to catch people using 3rd party software. I've seen people talking about, using, and having screenshots with 3rd party programs and parsers pretty openly and not getting in trouble. Can even watch some raid content on Twitch with the parser taking up a large portion of people's channel screen space. SE doesn't care. What will get you in trouble however is if you ruin someone's experience with a 3rd party program (for example calling someones DPS shit, then giving a readout from a parser to back your argument up -- if they report you on it anyways).

However when it comes to the add-ons, I think people should probably set their expectations hella low. Those add-ons were a "big promise" type of deal, one that was made initially vague and open-ended, then was itself diminished greatly since announcing it. Why? Because there's reallllllly not that big of a need for it, between FFXIV's built in UI being greatly improved, Stone/Sky/Sea being added, and yes, even 3rd party parsers being available and not being hounded on by SE cops. What that means is that this mod support will still very likely come in our lifetimes, only that it will be something very cosmetic, instead of something that deeply interfaces with the UI settings.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Things aren't as white and black as you're making them out to be. SE is no longer on a witch hunt to catch people using 3rd party software. I've seen people talking about, using, and having screenshots with 3rd party programs and parsers pretty openly and not getting in trouble. What will get you in trouble however is if you ruin someone's experience with a 3rd party program (for example calling someones DPS shit, then giving a readout from a parser to back your argument up -- if they report you on it anyways).
    SE can't afford to start getting rid of XIV players at this point though. Not only that but Yoshi isn't the type to want to actually punish people outside of making a game so easy a dyslexic monkey with ADD can clear a raid tier. So while it is true you're more likely to get in trouble for hurting someone's feelings, it's still insanely rare for them to gaf.

What that means is that this mod support will still very likely come in our lifetimes, only that it will be something very cosmetic, instead of something that deeply interfaces with the UI settings.
    With the "Job based UI" they're designing they're essentially even getting rid of one common mod that gets designed. So it's less "using XI as a base, because even XI could be modded to hell and back if you really wanted to" and more "Eh, I made a lot of promises I won't keep but people will still pay me and believe everything I say!"

Still waiting for those FC Primal summoning even if it's going to be a glorified 9,999 damage attack in FATEs, which I guarantee it will be for FATEs because "SHINRYU IS THREATENING OUR VERY EXISTENCE! GO FORTH WARRIOR OF LIGHTS AND SPAM THESE FATES TO DEFEAT HIM!"

this just a monthly reminder that yoshida isn't dead yet.
    Monthly reminder he isn't dead as well as "why are you asking about that? Ask about better stuff" along with showing off pictures of future glamour and dodging relevant information. Maybe the "walkthrough" trailer where he tries to hide monsters and interface because god forbid they spoil anything.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Things aren't as white and black as you're making them out to be. SE is no longer on a witch hunt to catch people using 3rd party software. I've seen people talking about, using, and having screenshots with 3rd party programs and parsers pretty openly and not getting in trouble. Can even watch some raid content on Twitch with the parser taking up a large portion of people's channel screen space. SE doesn't care. What will get you in trouble however is if you ruin someone's experience with a 3rd party program (for example calling someones DPS shit, then giving a readout from a parser to back your argument up -- if they report you on it anyways).
    I know that, it was just a remark rather than a complaint. Parser isn't officially sanctioned and, if Yoshi's own attitude is any indication, will never be, but I'm quite aware they don't actively hunt people down for it. However, you do hear stories sometimes of people who were banned for letting on that they're using one by insulting someone, yeah.

New Merits
    BG Level

Hopefully they disclose the full release schedule with when a b and c are unlocked so we dont have to speculate the points when to take week off.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Probably will be the same as Heavensward, 2 weeks after Stormblood release they'll unlock normal, and then a week after that they'll release savage.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

HW was 2 weeks for normal and another 2 weeks for Savage. Doing 2 then 1 would be nice this time around though, or even releasing both after 2 weeks, given the planned tuning for Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I know that, it was just a remark rather than a complaint. Parser isn't officially sanctioned and, if Yoshi's own attitude is any indication, will never be, but I'm quite aware they don't actively hunt people down for it. However, you do hear stories sometimes of people who were banned for letting on that they're using one by insulting someone, yeah.
    It's essentially a don't ask don't tell policy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast