FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Predisent Donald J. Trump: James Comey and the Giant Peach Part II: The Ripening

Trump thread part 2. Carry on.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I have a wonderful first post.

According to the networks, WH tax plan involves "rothing" retirement savings.

This country already has a YUGE retirement savings problem, this would absolutely destroy it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

This I can't wait to see. Your wonderful first post has only made me more eager.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Rothing, so they would make everyone pay tax on their insurance savings right now, and then they wouldn't pay tax on withdrawals in the future?

Sounds like pretty short term thinking. Traditional IRAs are typically a better deal for the government in the long run, right?

The Anti Miz

BG Level

President Donald J. Trump: James Bannon and the Giant Peach Part II: The Ripening

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Rothing, so they would make everyone pay tax on their insurance savings right now, and then they wouldn't pay tax on withdrawals in the future?

Sounds like pretty short term thinking. Traditional IRAs are typically a better deal for the government in the long run, right?
    Correct, Roth style plans are invested with post tax dollars. And are paid out tax free during retirement. I'm a huge proponent of Roth style plans. A traditional 401k paired with a Roth IRA is like THE cornerstone for retirement planning.

Changing everything to Roth style is pretty dangerous as many people only put away money in traditional retirement plans to lower their taxable income. Removing that option could be very detrimental to those who would not otherwise bother saving for their future.

Obviously a huge issue with this country's retirement savings problem comes down to financial literacy and people who simply can't afford to save. Adding another hurdle isn't going to do anyone any favors.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but if they "Roth" a traditional 401k, do they collect all the effective back-taxes?

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, but if they "Roth" a traditional 401k, do they collect all the effective back-taxes?
    Not sure how that would work. Seems to me there might be a before and after period. They'd also be double dipping for the foreseeable future. I'm not even sure how employers will be impacted but I have to imagine they'll lose some sort of tax benefit. Will be very interesting, not sure if it will get much traction.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

We lost the salvage ban comment.

Fuck this thread.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Will he Roth plan go down like the AHCA did?

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Will he Roth plan go down like the AHCA did?
    Depends on what all is in his tax plan. Idk. Hopefully he actually releases it today! I'm just curious to see if it's paid for or blows a hole in the deficit

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

In response to the last thread, this is for a position I began the on-boarding process for during the last administration. I had thought it was no longer an option but I was contacted recently and told the final part if the selection phase will be in June. I've been after it for almost 2 years now so it's difficult to turn away from. That alone has really kept me from filing any paperwork to run for something here.

Well, that and the fact that Maryland seems like a dead end for anyone thinking about the White House.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Maryland - God's Country.

Maryland - We have crabs and Natty Boh.

Maryland - I work across the river in a think tank.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    In response to the last thread, this is for a position I began the on-boarding process for during the last administration. I had thought it was no longer an option but I was contacted recently and told the final part if the selection phase will be in June. I've been after it for almost 2 years now so it's difficult to turn away from. That alone has really kept me from filing any paperwork to run for something here.

Well, that and the fact that Maryland seems like a dead end for anyone thinking about the White House.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    THE POWER OF VIRGINIA COMPELS YOU

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pffft I gave up everything so I could move to Texas and call cruz a dirty hoe.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Maryland - God's Country.

Maryland - We have crabs and Natty Boh.

Maryland - I work across the river in a think tank.
    How dare you.

I would never go across the river.

MD is pretty dead-end for people with WH aspirations because if you take any position of importance you are blamed for not fixing Baltimore and if you take any other position you are basically either sucking corporate dick in Moco/Hoco or you're just running a town of hicks so

We hate O'Malley because he goes out to the national stage and brags about doing shit when he let Baltimore squalor more and more under his watch while patting himself on the back for skewed data

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Pffft I gave up everything so I could move to Texas and call cruz a dirty hoe.
    Lovett or Leave It had a great episode this week where a democrat running for senate against Ted Cruz was on. You should listen to it and vote for him next election. He's actually polling really well, like surprisingly well.

edit: his name is Beto O’Rourke

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Lovett or Leave It had a great episode this week where a democrat running for senate against Ted Cruz was on. You should listen to it and vote for him next election. He's actually polling really well, like surprisingly well.

edit: his name is Beto O’Rourke
    Beto is a current sitting US Congressman on two big-time committees (to Texans) Armed Services and Veterans Affairs. He'll have about as good of support as a Texas Dem can get but woof that's gonna be a tall order.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I really hope he runs ad after ad of Ted saying he could never vote for Trump, followed by the picture of the cuck bored while making phone calls for him. Can't fucking wait.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Depends on what all is in his tax plan. Idk. Hopefully he actually releases it today! I'm just curious to see if it's paid for or blows a hole in the deficit
    Preliminary guesswork from the media says border adjustment tax idea dropped and no word on closing existing loopholes in the corporate tax code (which will come later, honest). Looks like blowing a big hole in the deficit unless that whole 5% growth fantasy comes true.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Holy fucking shit. This is insane... Trump tweets from this morning:

First the Ninth Circuit rules against the ban & now it hits again on sanctuary cities-both ridiculous rulings. See you in the Supreme Court! Out of our very big country, with many choices, does everyone notice that both the "ban" case and now the "sanctuary" case is brought in the Ninth Circuit, which has a terrible record of being overturned (close to 80%). They used to call this "judge shopping!" Messy system.
    So... that last line has me furious as he's attacking the entire judicial system in this country...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 233 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast