FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Anyone been watching the Diamond Days eps?

First was basically filler. Second one, holy shit.

Spoiler: show
    Pretty much got confirmation that White's Pearl used to be Pink's. Seems like White is controlling her now to observe and keep tabs on stuff. Also, that dance went from 0 to 100 fast. I knew once White Pearl did that unsettling frown, there was no going back.

New ep next Monday, a week break, then a four ep special on the 21st.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Anyone been watching the Diamond Days eps?

First was basically filler. Second one, holy shit.

Pretty much got confirmation that White's Pearl used to be Pink's. Seems like White is controlling her now to observe and keep tabs on stuff. Also, that dance went from 0 to 100 fast. I knew once White Pearl did that unsettling frown, there was no going back.

New ep next Monday, a week break, then a four ep special on the 21st.
    For real!!!

First few minutes pretty much confirmed the white pearl theories! Now to wait and see how Pearl Pearl handles all of this.

BG Level

Steven Universe

Friendly reminder the hour long special is tonight!

EDIT: Holy shit this is fucking getting EPIC!!!

BG Level

Steven Universe

If this was the series finale than I’m extremely happy. We got some cool action scenes and I can’t think of anything at the moment that wasn’t answered. Shit got me choked up at the end too.

Loved everything about this. Lapis and Peridot getting their crystal gem outfits, Rainbow Quartz 2.0 being hilarious, finally getting to see Obsidian, the healing of the corrupted gems, and even Jasper getting ready to continue where she left off before Amethyst calming her down lol.

I can’t possibly imagine where they would go from here. The Diamond Authority is no longer a threat. A one off movie to show off some more bad ass Obsidian against a previously unknown foe will be dope. After that though there’s nothing credible to continue the series lol.

Fantastic series.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Shit I missed it. How long does it normally take before Cartoon Network has it available for streaming?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I watched it via daily motion. stevenuniver.se has every episode but high traffic will bog it down for a couple of days.

That special was bananas. Read a tweet from one of the crew that it was a season finale but they did wrap up a lot. I've also read that Rebecca only planned five seasons initially, but was approved for more. Thus this episodes feeling of finality.

My biggest gripe and holy shit moment from this episode

White pulling Steven's mf gem out! That boy was on death's doorstep. I like how it tried taking shape as Pink, then Rose, but finally Steven. My gripe is that the inverted diamond was Pink's false identity. I know Steven was birthed thru Rose, but I feel that Diamond lineage should overpower that.

When merging back I feel the diamond should've returned to its proper position and showed Steven's true form. I guess we're stuck with this one, but it felt a little disappointing. I'm not expecting a new diamond form or anything, but at least have him grow a little. Would be easier for the VA too. Maybe they'll address it next season.

Everything else was great. I really didn't expect them to go as far as they did with the whole home world resolution and White changing her mind. Got chills when she took over Blue, Yellow, and the rest of the gang. Shit got a little twisted when she was talking thru them. Obsidian kicked ass and all of the new fusions and new Crystal Gem uniforms were great.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

As far as where the show goes from here...

Since Pink Pearl is back, I think our Pearl has some 'splaining to do. It could be something as easy as she was just assigned to Pink, but I figured she was White's originally. Given her gem's location.

Also, huge revolution was huge. Gonna be a lot of change to HW. I'm sure the gang will revisit to check in things. Maybe a threat to all of that, which leads to my next guess that they'll do the Dragonball route. New space threat or rogue gems who oppose this change.

There's a ton of new gems now thanks to White un-corrupting them. People will have to adjust and I feel this may extend outside of Beach City. Maybe different Crystal Gem chapters throughout the Earth or space to keep an eye on things.

Ton of possibilities, but we back in hiatus mode now. Read from the AMA that the movie has been in production since 2015. Hopefully something on that soon.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well this should have been the series final. I know there is a movie and season 6 on the way but literally every major plot thread is resolved in a 2 minute montage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One of the best hours of TV I've seen.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

James Baxter with that Disney level animation when

Steven gets his gem back.

Ridill
    BG Level

Also, if someone's looking for another easy way to watch Steven Universe, including up to this very last episode and you have Comcast, their Xfinity on demand has it for no cost (other than your subscription to them)

Just get ready to watch a dozen battle angel salita commercial if you watch the 1hr speciel episode there.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Finally watched these last few eps(was waiting for them all to come out so, i could marathon)

That was pretty amazing, the fights, animation and the voice acting, really satisfying ending or maybe not since ppl are saying there will be another season or seasons

It would have been nice if this show didn't have the worst release schedule ever

Was kinda sad that we didn't get a peridot/lapis fusion, my only real complaint

So, what's the deal with white's pearl, i guess i missed that stuff, maybe i should rewatch those couple of eps?

Ridill
    BG Level

White's Pearl;

no concrete info has been given on White's Pearl, though its heavily insinuated that it was Pinks Pearl (proven when she changed colors after white gave up control of it) that White Diamond broke/tortured after Pink's death and then just kept the mutilated Pearl as a reminder to everyone else who would fail.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

James Baxter Posted his scene as always it looked amazing as it was hand drawn

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    White's Pearl;
    Ahhh thanks, i'll make sure to look for it when i rewatch the last few eps

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Update on the movie. It's a musical...... Yup..... :/

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...134910837.html

To everyone who dressed up in a Pearl tuxedo and pirouetted about their homes, here’s some exciting news: Steven Universe The Movie is also a musical, and it’s getting a whole choir of celebrity voices to bring new original songs by showrunner Rebecca Sugar to life.

Announced Thursday, the TV movie coming this fall when Steven Universe returns to Cartoon Network will feature musical collaborations from Chance The Rapper, Patti LuPone, Estelle, Uzo Aduba, Gallant, Aimee Mann, and more.

That also means musical performances from characters like Garnet (Estelle), Yellow Diamond (LuPone), Ruby (Charlyne Yi), Pearl (Deedee Magno Hall), and Amethyst (Michaela Dietz).

In Steven Universe The Movie, first announced at San Diego Comic-Con in 2018, the titular Steven of Steven Universe thinks his time defending the earth is over, but a new threat coming for Beach City forces him to face his biggest challenge yet.

Sugar executive produces the feature, which is co-executive produced by Chance The Rapper, Kat Morris, Joe Johnston, Alonso Ramirez Ramos, and Ian Jones-Quartey.

See the full list of music collaborators below.

With original songs by Rebecca Sugar in collaboration with:
    Chance The Rapper
    Estelle
    Gallant
    Aimee Mann
    aivi & surasshu
    Jeff Liu
    James Fauntleroy
    Macie Stewart
    Mike Krol
    Jeff Ball
    Grant Henry
    Julian “Zorsy” Sanchez

Performances by:
    Estelle (as Garnet)
    Patti LuPone (as Yellow Diamond)
    Uzo Aduba (as Bismuth)
    Christine Ebersole (as White Diamond)
    Lisa Hannigan (as Blue Diamond)
    Zach Callison (as title character Steven Universe)
    Deedee Magno Hall (as Pearl)
    Michaela Dietz (as Amethyst)
    Tom Scharpling (as Greg Universe)
    Shelby Rabara (as Peridot)
    Erica Luttrell (as Sapphire)
    Charlyne Yi (as Ruby)
    Grace Rolek (as Connie Maheswaran)
    Jennifer Paz (as Lapis Lazuli)
    Kate Micucci (as Sadie)
    Matthew Moy (as Lars)
    Toks Olagundoye (as Nanefua Pizza)

Steven Universe The Movie will also be released on DVD later this year, and the soundtrack will receive both a digital and physical release.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Musical like a Disney movie would be perfectly fine imo. Musical like, almost every single line is sung, mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

My guess is that it will be akin to Mr. Greg in season 3 when they go to Empire City.

BG Level

It worked for Metalocalypse. Holding judgement for now.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Steven grows a neck. And Steven + Connie are aged up a bit.

September 2nd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast