Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Steven Universe

Sad to see there hasn't been a thread about this show yet. Was wondering if there were any more fans of the show on BG.

It has become one of my favorite things to come out of CN since Adventure Time, and is up there with it in terms of story and character development. The soundtrack, the fusions, the story arcs, all on point. My only complaints being the release method of new episodes, or "Steven bombs" as the fans call it, and Steven's voice actor's changing voice from the series beginning compared to to the present. Also, the lack of decent merchandise. This show has so much potential for great merch. Those gripes aside, still a solid show.

Seems that they just wrapped up season 4 this week.

Spoiler: show
    Next season will be interesting and I wonder how Steven will handle home world without the help of the Gems. I also like the two new gems so far.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There are a lot of us. But I guess we've always talked about it in the anime seasons threads when bigger developments came up

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I absolutely love this show. I have to agree the release method is awful. Getting to Binge the first three seasons was amazing, whereas watching the current season has been very unsatisfactory. Since I don't spend any time watching tv as it airs, I have to go very far out of my way to know when I'll next be able to watch an SU episode.

A little unfair to criticize Steven's VA for changing voice. The kid can't help going through puberty.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    I absolutely love this show. I have to agree the release method is awful. Getting to Binge the first three seasons was amazing, whereas watching the current season has been very unsatisfactory. Since I don't spend any time watching tv as it airs, I have to go very far out of my way to know when I'll next be able to watch an SU episode.

A little unfair to criticize Steven's VA for changing voice. The kid can't help going through puberty.

I agree. I started when the first two seasons were out already. To have to wait for each Steven bomb to leak, especially when they end with a cliffhanger, sucks.

I dunno why but I can't help but think Zach has just approached Steven's voice differently. He's 19 now, and SU first aired in 2013. You would think his voice would've matured already when the first seasons aired. It just sounds annoying to me now and I felt the character was more funny with the old voice style. (Can you imagine the Cookie Cat theme sung with the new voice style?...) I guess he's trying to emulate Steven's voice changing as he ages? Who knows.

I guess I was spoiled with how well Jeremy's voice changed to match a growing Finn in Adventure Time. Again, just a small gripe for me in an otherwise great show.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

From checking out an AMA Zach did on Reddit, Steven's voice has changed both because of Zach's maturing voice and deliberately to show an aging Steven. I'll just have to get used to it lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I watch it from time to time whever I see it on. Not bad but holy shit at the horror stories I've seen about the fandom.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They've had a few great episodes giving shit to their fandom.

Ronaldo's gem OC episode was pretty gr8.

BG Level

Yeah I remember when some of the show staff got pissed off at some people in the fandom awhile back regarding an incident where a girl nearly killed herself due to how others treated her because of some SJW stupidity.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I watch it from time to time whever I see it on. Not bad but holy shit at the horror stories I've seen about the fandom.
    Yeah the fans are indeed messed up. some staff left the show due to death threads or hacking their accounts to get dirt if the shows doesn't follow there shipping or fanfic storyline....

I'm actually happy to hear the show may be cancelled after 5th season. it's a good show but it lost it's steam and many of it's latest episodes have been lackluster or pointless. the latest Steven bomb released online was boring beside last two episodes ending season 4.

BG Level

They went that far? Fucking Christ and here I thought the brony fandom was bad

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I had zero clue any of this was happening. What the hell happened to people just watching/enjoying a show and leaving it as it is.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    I had zero clue any of this was happening. What the hell happened to people just watching/enjoying a show and leaving it as it is.
    It’s not even that. It’s the fact that people, for whatever reason, invest their emotional security and sense of identity into something. So when that something is altered against their preferred status quo, they see it as a personal attack, and lash out. they seem to be unable to tell the difference between the real world and a fantasized one.

Anyhow I don't want to turn this into fuck Steven Universe fandom thread and it'll be last time I'll talk about it.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Christ. Toxic people gonna be toxic tho. They already have a preview for the next episode online.

Spoiler: show
    Lars is probably my least favorite character, next to Ronaldo. Hopefully he grows after the space thing bc watching him go back and forth with his personality is just getting old.

BG Level

So getting this back on the rails, when do the new eps normally come on?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I think it's usually a month or two before they drop another Steven bomb. I'm guessing a month since there's already a preview of the next episode up.

BG Level

Got it. I can't remember the time but didn't they show new eps of a season really early? Like that sweet spot of kids are out of school but adults are still at work/getting home?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Love this show. Binged it a couple of months back. The music is amazing and the depth of it's lore completely caught me off guard. With the end of season four, I'm glad it looks like the story is about to bust wide open and answer some long overdue questions.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Steven Universe Stuck Together (Season 5 Ep1 released on CN APP)

Pretty good episode and we ended with another cliffhanger. hmm what will Steven and Lars do now they are in Gem home world.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Oh WTF it's out already?! I'll watch it when I get home.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Great episode, even with Lars' annoying ass there.

Also, one hour special "wanted" on Memorial Day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast