Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That DRK set looks amazeballs. Shit tons of Scythe Skill and WSD%.

Hope they add further CoP JSE i119 gear, Dragon Scale Set for DRG, Noble's Tunic set for WHM, Dragon harness set for THF, etc.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The WHM one is the Noble's set. See: Pinga Tunic

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    So, if you are soloing this month's Ambuscade, Intense VE is much, much easier than Regular Normal (they have the same reward amount). VD Regular is pretty easy with a traditional set up. Intense seems to skyrocket in difficulty from Normal on unless you are doing pet jobs method.

If you are looking for Anticans to get your V1 tome, use the proto warp NPC in Ru'Lude to warp behind the weighted door areas in Quicksand Caves.
    I'd say more faster than easier. Whale is a complete push over but takes forever to kill. Anticas+cactuars die pretty fast actually do some dmg to you.

intense is still kind of annoying on higher difficulties with pets are all pets anyways due to the number of adds that of course spawn with aggro on players not the pets fighting. Well that and random drive by needles. AoEing pets would probably work though given the hp of the adds... so basically bst or ramuh lol

Also of note vw warp works well too

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Sulevia exists. This armor is trash for DRG

Edit: But in the theme of DRG tank, because of DRG being able to easily maintain capped haste and a 5-hit in -50% PDT/40%DT, it certainly becomes an option for some level shit. Works in Omen as DRG/WAR.
    It isn't trash, for example the sulv body +1/+2 is only 8/9 DT and this is 12 with 2% more haste which is a pretty big deal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If we are going for niche uses mobs that aoe a bit the dmg to tp might be pretty good. Or ones that status effect a lot but were more or less going to cap macc on you regardless and didn't really nuke much... super niche. Seriously did they have to take take half the normal ilvl stat vomit completely off these things? Wtf does the rng set have tons of meva/mdb/eva but the heavy armor tanking set have literally 0

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If we are going for niche uses mobs that aoe a bit the dmg to tp might be pretty good. Or ones that status effect a lot but were more or less going to cap macc on you regardless and didn't really nuke much... super niche. Seriously did they have to take take half the normal ilvl stat vomit completely off these things? Wtf does the rng set have tons of meva/mdb/eva but the heavy armor tanking set have literally 0
    As far as I can tell, the Su3 sets have ALL the stat vomit. Anything missing is likely due to the display glitch which I've reported all over the place.
    Anything that has ATR+5 on HQ and nothing on NQ actually has ~40-60 more of that stat.

EDIT: Well, crap. There might be literally two entirely different implementations between clients.. I just grabbed Ea Pigaches (INT+0 in NA, INT+43 in JP) and I'm getting INT+0 when equipped according to the equipment menu. So the JP version is mistakenly showing stats that aren't supposed to be there (which makes little sense to me) or the items themselves were implemented separately with different stats. :/ Do we know the tech details behind how the menu display works? Or has anyone else tested any of the other pieces that have missing stats to see if they can observe an actual impact? Or anyone with the JP client able to test to see if they are seeing the appropriate increase? >_>;;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    It isn't trash, for example the sulv body +1/+2 is only 8/9 DT and this is 12 with 2% more haste which is a pretty big deal.
    DRG doesn't need more than 16% gear haste.

It is

T
    R
    A
    S
    H

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    As far as I can tell, the Su3 sets have ALL the stat vomit. Anything missing is likely due to the display glitch which I've reported all over the place.
    Anything that has ATR+5 on HQ and nothing on NQ actually has ~40-60 more of that stat.

EDIT: Well, crap. There might be literally two entirely different implementations between clients.. I just grabbed Ea Pigaches (INT+0 in NA, INT+43 in JP) and I'm getting INT+0 when equipped according to the equipment menu. So the JP version is mistakenly showing stats that aren't supposed to be there (which makes little sense to me) or the items themselves were implemented separately with different stats. :/ Do we know the tech details behind how the menu display works? Or has anyone else tested any of the other pieces that have missing stats to see if they can observe an actual impact? Or anyone with the JP client able to test to see if they are seeing the appropriate increase? >_>;;
    Displayed stats are manually entered different for each client and have no direct correlation to the actually stats the gear gives you. Hence how so many have hidden stats and how some still display incorrectly and such. Or how they just add stuff together sometimes in one and not the other on augments. Should also note that bg wikis is pulled directly from the dats so it's the actual stats the gear is giving you if you are using that as your example of what the English says

Whatever you get from it is the "correct" value. though you can't see a lot of shit and it's entirely possible they made the display right and actual stats wrong. Probably needs a bug report

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Displayed stats are manually entered different for each client and have no direct correlation to the actually stats the gear gives you. Hence how so many have hidden stats and how some still display incorrectly and such. Or how they just add stuff together sometimes in one and not the other on augments. Should also note that bg wikis is pulled directly from the dats so it's the actual stats the gear is giving you if you are using that as your example of what the English says

Whatever you get from it is the "correct" value. though you can't see a lot of shit and it's entirely possible they made the display right and actual stats wrong. Probably needs a bug report
    Already filed a bug report. I was wondering if this meant that someone using the JP client would get the INT+43 that I'm not getting.

Campaign
    BG Level

It is

T
    R
    A
    S
    H
    Not my place to ask probably, but any particularly reason why you constantly sound absolutely bitter and incredibly angry with whomever you're interacting with?
    Or is that not true and it's just a wrong impression I'm getting for whatever reason?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It is

T
    R
    A
    S
    H
    I assume you are saying 16% because of the wyvern's 10% bonus.

The wyvern is JA haste, not gear haste. You need to cap gear haste still. If you are going to be such a grump then don't be an ignorant grump.

So no, picking up 2% haste and 3-4% more DT in one slot to free up another slot, is not a piece of trash gear. In fact that is good gear considering DRG like other 2Hs is strangled a bit by gear haste, and having a 1% haste body (sulevia) does not help that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Not my place to ask probably, but any particularly reason why you constantly sound absolutely bitter and incredibly angry with whomever you're interacting with?
    Or is that not true and it's just a wrong impression I'm getting for whatever reason?
    I just figured he doesn't like me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

80% cap - ( Hasso (10%) + capped magic (43.75%) + Wyvern (10%) ) = 16.25%

I would aim for 17% for safety.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Just wondering, but is there a simple method to test stuff regarding player INT?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

May 2017 Version Update

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

17% sounds fine, but yeah DRG doesn't need to cap gear haste.

And I sound bitter and angry with people I'm interacting with when they are idiots and I end up being obligated to interact with them anyway.

See above example of a half page post being 100% wrong about how to gear DRG for haste.

Oh and ib4 "but what if you aren't /SAM or /DRK!" then full-force fuckin' have at spending 500m+ for the tiniest upgrade when using a SJ that you shouldn't be using anyway unless you are dicking around.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

And what about the parties that don't give you capped magic haste? A significant amount of the time, you'll just get haste + mighty guard or haste II, and they call it a day.

Or, when you need to use Seigan instead of Hasso (like when you have hate and you actually need to use the Sulevia/Arke set as more than a quick swap for AoEs).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just wondering, but is there a simple method to test stuff regarding player INT?
    yeah nuke stuff or get nuked on son. Probably one of the easiest stats to test though have to remember things like mdb/mab and the fact mobs still use the old nuke formula if getting nuked on

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    And what about the parties that don't give you capped magic haste? A significant amount of the time, you'll just get haste + mighty guard or haste II, and they call it a day.

Or, when you need to use Seigan instead of Hasso (like when you have hate and you actually need to use the Sulevia/Arke set as more than a quick swap for AoEs).
    I had a longer response written but I accidentally f5ed and lost it but short response: If you're using seigan you are playing the job wrong. Seigan is hot garbage. If you're playing without capped haste and are still doing things challenging enough to need DT sets then idk what to tell you, that is a scenario I cannot possibly imagine. Enjoy the set to your heart's content.

Alternatively, have less shitty party comps.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had a longer response written but I accidentally f5ed and lost it but short response: If you're using seigan you are playing the job wrong. Seigan is hot garbage. If you're playing without capped haste and are still doing things challenging enough to need DT sets then idk what to tell you, that is a scenario I cannot possibly imagine. Enjoy the set to your heart's content.

Alternatively, have less shitty party comps.
    Thanks for keeping the spirit of 2006 FFXI alive and well. Go to the nostalgia thread and convince more people to come back plz. They won't listen to me.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

17% sounds fine, but yeah DRG doesn't need to cap gear haste.

And I sound bitter and angry with people I'm interacting with when they are idiots and I end up being obligated to interact with them anyway.

See above example of a half page post being 100% wrong about how to gear DRG for haste.

Oh and ib4 "but what if you aren't /SAM or /DRK!" then full-force fuckin' have at spending 500m+ for the tiniest upgrade when using a SJ that you shouldn't be using anyway unless you are dicking around.
    The NQ armor being discussed isnt 500m.

Why are we acting like DRG is always in a zerg situation, not slowed, with capped magic haste, with a wyvern alive, etc? No one is subbing DRK either.

In a CP PT or an ordinary NM in Escha, you are lucky to just regularly have haste II or better. Zergs are just a fraction of what someone does on a job.

If I put on a pure DT set to absorb a TP move or something, then I also use the empy head for the wyvern absorption so that whole slot loses DT and I can pick it up with this new body for example, gearing isn't just black and white.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Already filed a bug report. I was wondering if this meant that someone using the JP client would get the INT+43 that I'm not getting.
    That would be insane even by FFXI's spaghetti code standards. Also, if actual item stats were determined by the client, you could bet good money that somebody would have hacked the shit out of it a long time ago.