+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2017 Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Superior 3 is at the 500 JP mark.

Un. Fucking. Believable. No mention of SMN.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Un. Fucking. Believable. No mention of SMN.
    I kept telling my panicking lsmates that there was only slightly more than a snowball's survival chance in hell that SMN was actually going to get nerfed. XD Now I get to do the ole' TOLDJASO when we get back in. XD

Far more unbelievable to me is that it looks like DRK can possibly get ~4k base HP with that Su3 set. O_o;; Sadly, BST/PUP getting crappy pet enmity+ is far from unexpected. ;;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't worry uproar has only been big for a bit. Smn will bite the dust soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Don't worry uproar has only been big for a bit. Smn will bite the dust soon enough
    It's ALREADY too late lol. Another 30 days is 10,000 more aeonics and dead Reisenjima content.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I didnt think SMN was goin to get nerfed but the fact SE did not give us ANY info on the update except the mostly useless chart as usual did make me a bit nervous for them. Not that I do anything on SMN now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Since at least the BST nerf in '15, SMN has been getting near monthly buffs.. Don't think they are gonna nerf one of their obviously "pet" jobs. (See what I did there?)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Don't think they are gonna nerf one of their obviously "pet" jobs. )
    Get out

Campaign
    BG Level

So much for the "various job adjustments" they announced last week.
    Only minor things for PUP and BRD.
    I mean, sigh...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Expecting anything is expecting too much these days. I mean honestly.

Campaign
    BG Level

Holy fuck at those crafted sets...
    Slightly disappointed on the healing set, and moreso disappointed SCH isn't on the nuking one.

These items gonna cost like over 90000000000 billions gil each? Can't wait to see a full list of required mats and then start to slash my wrists slowly, painfully.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Holy fuck at those crafted sets...
    Slightly disappointed on the healing set, and moreso disappointed SCH isn't on the nuking one.

These items gonna cost like over 90000000000 billions gil each? Can't wait to see a full list of required mats and then start to slash my wrists slowly, painfully.
    From the leathercraft listing for Arke/Heyoka, expect current price for mats ~5-10mil... Given how many vagary mats are required for each though, I'm expecting the prices on those to at least double within a week. -_- Also, given that they apparently require Escutcheon stage3 progress to get the KI to be able to make them, I'd expect a pretty hefty premium on the Su3 stuff for quite a while.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been away for a while. What happened to SMN that made it need a nerf?

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It's powerful enough with Astral Conduit that it's capable of killing-the-fuck out of most of the Aeonic endgame. 3-4 summoners with an Idris is typically easy game.

Beyond that, I dunno. I don't see the appeal. I guess I just don't care for the weapons in the first place to think they needed it to begin with. Game hasn't changed much in that it's kill it before it moves.

Sucks that it's turning into Summoner only, but hopefully you have a competent group that exceeds the hive mind. With the exception of T4s, there's no point unless you like to cake walk through the game and be bored with your happy meal.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    3-4 summoners with an Idris
    and a RUN using their SP2

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The main problem with SMN is it's the only DPS people want now. At least with melee burn there was a decent spread of available jobs. Now it's SMN all the things.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Shields just feel extra awful this time around, hitting as high as 30 on the failure rate and just sitting there for however long it seems. It fluctuates, but it's never gone below 20 after the first 25%. Same old CP junk, but 18k this time around it seems, haven't gotten to the RoE yet but I'm at 75%. Will post dicks when the sun finishes rising.

I can only imagine it's not going to be good given the way the craftsmanship phase has been.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Will post dicks.
    Plz

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Shields just feel extra awful this time around, hitting as high as 30 on the failure rate and just sitting there for however long it seems. It fluctuates, but it's never gone below 20 after the first 25%. Same old CP junk, but 18k this time around it seems, haven't gotten to the RoE yet but I'm at 75%. Will post dicks when the sun finishes rising.

I can only imagine it's not going to be good given the way the craftsmanship phase has been.
    These shields are stupid, might want to recheck, for alch shield it takes 2 screws and 1 sequoia, which is 28k CP. I was also requested to deliver 30 cutlass to a random NPC...which was the final RoE item last time...which of course if you have kept up with these shields you would of most likely already NPCed as I have but it also says something about having to craft close to the NPC or something.

*edit*

Ok, you have to craft the items close to the NPC who needs them, which for alchemy for example is silver owl in port bastok. When you get close to him you get a prompt that says 'You have entered the crafting target area. Crafting the requested items in the current target area will count towards the number of items you are required to deliver them.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast