BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2017 Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

those armor sets look omg oO stat wise, then again i havent played in over a half year ._. Game needs an addon like abyssea or a new job in the forms of a payed addon to be interesting for me again, ambuskaka doesnt cut it

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DRG, the best tank according to SE and their armor logic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Also leg sweep has like the best additional effect acc of all ws. Can tank and stun lock gdi se

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    those armor sets look omg oO stat wise, then again i havent played in over a half year ._. Game needs an addon like abyssea or a new job in the forms of a payed addon to be interesting for me again, ambuskaka doesnt cut it
    A lot of them are okish/pending testing really/situational.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They put blu on the healer only set to be fair.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I can't believe how garbage the whm/sch/blu set is, fc/cure pot 1 which are easily capped, than enmity- which is zzz nowadays. No healing skill, cure pot 2, conserve mp, mnd/vit/hp aren't even particuarly high... it doesn't even have haste on it. Compared to other sets it's missing like 2-3 types of stats.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I can't believe how garbage the whm/sch/blu set is, fc/cure pot 1 which are easily capped, than enmity- which is zzz nowadays. No healing skill, cure pot 2, conserve mp, mnd/vit/hp aren't even particuarly high... it doesn't even have haste on it. Compared to other sets it's missing like 2-3 types of stats.
    I think that set was made in mind for BLU and people returning/alternative cure Potency set for the healers.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
    These shields are stupid, might want to recheck, for alch shield it takes 2 screws and 1 sequoia, which is 28k CP. I was also requested to deliver 30 cutlass to a random NPC...which was the final RoE item last time...which of course if you have kept up with these shields you would of most likely already NPCed as I have but it also says something about having to craft close to the NPC or something.

*edit*

Ok, you have to craft the items close to the NPC who needs them, which for alchemy for example is silver owl in port bastok. When you get close to him you get a prompt that says 'You have entered the crafting target area. Crafting the requested items in the current target area will count towards the number of items you are required to deliver them.'
    Cloth's first objective from the NPC is absolute garbage. Market's bottle necked from the minute people start finishing the third phase of craftsmanship. They made it sound like there's more than one, which I'm hoping isn't the case after already bashing my head against the AH for the first one.

At least that confirms you can't just go and buy the item you need. Gotta finish this stuff because having a shield with 2 skill and +30 failure rate isn't exactly appealing.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    Cloth's first objective from the NPC is absolute garbage. Market's bottle necked from the minute people start finishing the third phase of craftsmanship. They made it sound like there's more than one, which I'm hoping isn't the case after already bashing my head against the AH for the first one.
    It is incredibly easy to cap cure potency on blu nowadays, even for a casual player. The other sets are all relatively powerful or at least situational useful for even hardcore players, healer set is severely underbudgeted garbage by comparison.

For example, beyond ilvl stat vomit,

nuker set has: haste, macc, mab, mb bonus, mb bonus 2
    healer set has: cure pot 1, fc, enmity-

And it's not like those 3 stats are exactly high demand. If pingus was actually on par with other sets, it would have at least 2 other stats per piece like conserve mp, healing skill, cure pot 2, spell interrupt down, etc.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    It's powerful enough with Astral Conduit that it's capable of killing-the-fuck out of most of the Aeonic endgame. 3-4 summoners with an Idris is typically easy game.

Beyond that, I dunno. I don't see the appeal. I guess I just don't care for the weapons in the first place to think they needed it to begin with. Game hasn't changed much in that it's kill it before it moves.

Sucks that it's turning into Summoner only, but hopefully you have a competent group that exceeds the hive mind. With the exception of T4s, there's no point unless you like to cake walk through the game and be bored with your happy meal.
    I mean, I've been a SMN main since before CoP so... it's not like this news makes me sad.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Where the hell have people been using SMN for t4s? I've been trying to finish my aeonic for months and almost no one uses smn on Lakshmi outside of my group.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Chatted with Symrustar on Asura for a bit.. He has the completed new CC shield, and told me that he got the Su3 KI around the end of the questline.

Soo... confirmed that someone already has the damn thing, and that the KI definitely comes from the questline.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I think that set was made in mind for BLU and people returning/alternative cure Potency set for the healers.
    I don't want enmity- on my cures though. I try to have hate regularly in certain situations and that shit doesn't help...

At least it's an upgrade for magic evasion. BLU gets ridiculous magic evasion gear. Crouching nerf hidden buff.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Su3 gear is missing stats. Lots of stats, and a lot OF stats.... like DEX+57/+62 on MNK/SAM/NIN legs.... Same glitch shows up in both clients, but diff pieces/stats are borked. Anyone wanna bet on whether or not they'll do an emergency maint or wait til next month to fix? XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sulevia exists. This armor is trash for DRG

Edit: But in the theme of DRG tank, because of DRG being able to easily maintain capped haste and a 5-hit in -50% PDT/40%DT, it certainly becomes an option for some level shit. Works in Omen as DRG/WAR.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Su3 gear is missing stats. Lots of stats, and a lot OF stats.... like DEX+57/+62 on MNK/SAM/NIN legs.... Same glitch shows up in both clients, but diff pieces/stats are borked. Anyone wanna bet on whether or not they'll do an emergency maint or wait til next month to fix? XD
    67 seems way too big of a value for Legs. Is this real?
    It's strange because while NQ shows no DEX at all (which is "normal" for legs pieces tbf) the HQ one shows DEX+5.
    Odd odd odd.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    67 seems way too big of a value for Legs. Is this real?
    It's strange because while NQ shows no DEX at all (which is "normal" for legs pieces tbf) the HQ one shows DEX+5.
    Odd odd odd.
    It's NQ57/HQ62. Actually not unbelievable since Heyoka legs gets DEX+51/+56 and Turms legs gets DEX+46/+51. I got our missing numbers from JPwiki, but still kinda shocked at them myself.

That "No DEX" on NQ and "DEX+5" on HQ is precisely what I'm talking about. They are not displaying their base values and only adding the HQ's standard +5. It's just bizarre to me that both NA/JP versions would be hit by the same glitch but have it affect different items depending on client. :/ Honestly, slightly worried that there are other not-as-obvious missing stats that I didn't try to verify (or something that hit the same item on both clients.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Glitch? The stats are inputted on the items manually, so if pieces are wrong (which remains to be determined), it's a result of input mistakes, not a glitch.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, if you are soloing this month's Ambuscade, Intense VE is much, much easier than Regular Normal (they have the same reward amount). VD Regular is pretty easy with a traditional set up. Intense seems to skyrocket in difficulty from Normal on unless you are doing pet jobs method.

If you are looking for Anticans to get your V1 tome, use the proto warp NPC in Ru'Lude to warp behind the weighted door areas in Quicksand Caves.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There's a proto waypoint in Mhuara