+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: May 2017 Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    And what about the parties that don't give you capped magic haste? A significant amount of the time, you'll just get haste + mighty guard or haste II, and they call it a day.

Or, when you need to use Seigan instead of Hasso (like when you have hate and you actually need to use the Sulevia/Arke set as more than a quick swap for AoEs).
    I am not sure but i really doubt that getting hate and getting it fast off is one of DRG issues... (not because of poor dmg). As for the other part: thats what gearswap is there for? I mean its unlikely you encounter non cap magic haste scenarios when you are engaging in challenging endgame

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am not sure but i really doubt that getting hate and getting it fast off is one of DRG issues... (not because of poor dmg). As for the other part: thats what gearswap is there for? I mean its unlikely you encounter non cap magic haste scenarios when you are engaging in challenging endgame
    That's my entire point; when you're using Seigan or don't have capped magical haste, it could sometimes be useful to have Arke gear's greater haste available when tanking for whatever reason; gearswap isn't going to solve the problem if you don't have the gear in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I had a longer response written but I accidentally f5ed and lost it but short response: If you're using seigan you are playing the job wrong. Seigan is hot garbage. If you're playing without capped haste and are still doing things challenging enough to need DT sets then idk what to tell you, that is a scenario I cannot possibly imagine. Enjoy the set to your heart's content.

Alternatively, have less shitty party comps.
    As someone who regularly joins shouts for things like Omen Caturae, Reisenjima T3s, and VD Ambuscade, as well as soloing stuff that trusts sometimes can't keep up in healing unless you're sitting in DT gear (hi Crom Dubh and Oryx), dealing with non-optimal party setups is a fact of life for me, and Seigan is often a lifesaver if the tank goes down; without Seigan, Kyou will disable you twice as fast with his enstatuses, and Fu can just kill you with a bad double attack + TP, even in max DT.

It's very common for pickup groups to be me, BLU, GEO, COR, WHM, tank, and the Geo often isn't going to use a bubble on Haste when one of the melees doesn't need it and the other melee only badly needs it if they're undercapping on gear haste/using Seigan.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

and most GEOs, including my mule, are too lazy to entrust Haste.

I know the pain, but I was doing the math to show what Sath meant.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Gearswap haste rules as far as I have come across really blow. Haste 1 and 2 have the same ID (33) and marches are also the same ID (214). There are also variables like, slow, samba sub or main, +song effects and soul voice, geo haste potency. It is just a shit show with people making a toggle for if haste 2 was received or not, people have rules with buffactive.march == 2 which obviously isn't going to work with soul voice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    That's my entire point; when you're using Seigan or don't have capped magical haste, it could sometimes be useful to have Arke gear's greater haste available when tanking for whatever reason; gearswap isn't going to solve the problem if you don't have the gear in the first place.

As someone who regularly joins shouts for things like Omen Caturae, Reisenjima T3s, and VD Ambuscade, as well as soloing stuff that trusts sometimes can't keep up in healing unless you're sitting in DT gear (hi Crom Dubh and Oryx), dealing with non-optimal party setups is a fact of life for me, and Seigan is often a lifesaver if the tank goes down; without Seigan, Kyou will disable you twice as fast with his enstatuses, and Fu can just kill you with a bad double attack + TP, even in max DT.

It's very common for pickup groups to be me, BLU, GEO, COR, WHM, tank, and the Geo often isn't going to use a bubble on Haste when one of the melees doesn't need it and the other melee only badly needs it if they're undercapping on gear haste/using Seigan.
    I get where you are coming from, so for your situation where you are playing with PUGs, go for it.

I'm of the opinion that I'd rather kill myself than play a needy-DD with randoms. I'd rather swap to NIN or be 99% AFK on SCH over being frustrated non-stop that I am with bads.

All that said, I still don't think seigan is anything but hot garbage. Tell your tanks to not die to fu.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I get where you are coming from, so for your situation where you are playing with PUGs, go for it.

I'm of the opinion that I'd rather kill myself than play a needy-DD with randoms. I'd rather swap to NIN or be 99% AFK on SCH over being frustrated non-stop that I am with bads.

All that said, I still don't think seigan is anything but hot garbage. Tell your tanks to not die to fu.
    Seigan has places, say there is an issue with unflattering bravado and dancing fullers, but being needy as a DD is exactly the difference between 1H and 2H jobs. Accidents on Fu happen with his absorption though, Seigan could save that, and there is no "git gud" about it.

If you aren't getting what you need then obviously you go dnc, nin, blu, thf, etc, and if you are then you go war, drk, sam, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait people die to Fu? I thought it was just the new Borealis hound to take 99999 dmg screenshots of. Stop letting it absorb 30 buffs

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wait people die to Fu? I thought it was just the new Borealis hound to take 99999 dmg screenshots of. Stop letting it absorb 30 buffs
    You'd be amazed how people fuck up on it and get absorbed with a lot of buffs. You get some real stoners sometimes.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Djohn View Post
    That would be insane even by FFXI's spaghetti code standards. Also, if actual item stats were determined by the client, you could bet good money that somebody would have hacked the shit out of it a long time ago.
    I meant that a JP client would show that they have INT+43 and that it would be properly reflected in the stat/equipment screen. ^^;;

On a plus note, my bug report was already accepted, so there's a good chance they'll actually get fixed.

Campaign
    BG Level

I understand and support to a certain extent this logic when it comes to other events, but Fwahm was talking about Omen and in there you kinda need to be the job you want to farm cards for, so not really much of a choice.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I have successfully broken my piggybank and purchased 5/5 Ea set pieces. XD orz
    No detectable cap on MBDII with what is now available. >IF< there is a cap, I'm pretty sure it'll be 200% or higher.. BLM can reach... total MBD+140% (135% w/ NQs, and GEO is technically not that far behind w/ AF+3 hat I think) now if my mental math is right. (I could be missing 1-2% somewhere if memory failed me.) It seems like it would a rather awkward range to have any sort of caps. Also, with the feet, when comparing to nukes w/ very closely aug'd merlinic, it does appear that INT is being applied from the undisplayed stats on them since dmg variance is very small and should be accounted for by the extra mab+2 the merlinic have.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just tested Ea Feet; they indeed are doing magic damage in accordance with their actual listed INT (+0). Merlinic with equal MAB significantly outdamages them, and I have my doubts that the +4 MBB II would be enough to make up for augmented Merlinic's superior basic nuking stats, especially if the MBB trait, job points, and gifts are additive with MBB II.

The JP wiki is just plain wrong on this piece (possibly due to it being listed wrong on the Japanese client).

Chewzer

Did the "all updates" download go kaput? Installing for the first time in 4ish years and this shit's gonna take a year to update itself.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Welcome back Chewzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewzer View Post
    Did the "all updates" download go kaput? Installing for the first time in 4ish years and this shit's gonna take a year to update itself.
    Far as I know, yeah. More or less best to set things up before you go to bed/work/whatever and hope POL doesn't kick you.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Far as I know, yeah. More or less best to set things up before you go to bed/work/whatever and hope POL doesn't kick you.
    Downloading updates on PS2 on a 56k modem was my jam. Full day of updates.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

With some searching i was able to find most of the updates in a few places a few months back. I believe i posted the link to the big one about that time. but i have no idea what post it was. But i did find installin it all from the official download (despite it sayin to only install the main game) really sped it up. And then adding any of those downloads. i will give it a short search on google and see if i can find the page i got mine at.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

googled "ffxi updates download" and first result was it.

http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/downloads.php

Use the bottom 2. it suggests a download accelerator if you got one. One of my browsers had a plugin or whatever they call them that downloads files in parts and it greatly sped it up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As long as you have decent internet going thru pol doesn't take long at all... unless it's like a big update day

Relic Shield
    BG Level

few months back when i was installing onto this pc when my other pc died i had 12+ hour update times. As it downloaded i found various downloads and eventually went against SE suggestion to only install pol and main game with no expansions. It turned it into a 2 hour download once i had installed all of those and copied the above downloads into the folders. the crazy thing was when i had installed on my win 7 pc a while back after installing all the pol ffxi + expansions it was a short download to update game. But a few months back when all my pcs died and i had to install on my dads pc (this one) it was really shitty and huge times.