BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Implying 500 JP is hard to get...
    Especially with 2x-3x cp goin on right now
    Doesn't matter how hard it is to get 500JP, only that the restriction exists.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So trying to do the smithing estruchion and stuck on a stage that requires either a bunch of bismuth or midrium ingots. Anyone know of an even semi decent source of either? Been mining Woh for all of about 1 bismuth ore an hour or 2.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not sure about Bismuth, other than mog garden. Midrium Ore can load in SKC20 or Morimar Reives, Ingots can load in Cirdas/Rala Skirmish.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gross. Well given the midrium recipes require 120 and 112 ingots respectively F that. I guess I'll just live in my gardens and buy up whatever I can see.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Gross. Well given the midrium recipes require 120 and 112 ingots respectively F that. I guess I'll just live in my gardens and buy up whatever I can see.
    Don't forget to hire Yeestog for increased yield, and use Rockoil on a lower/smithing vein to lock it in place. ^^ Think you need to use the left-most vein (#4 in rank7 vein) for what you want too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Don't forget to hire Yeestog for increased yield, and use Rockoil on a lower/smithing vein to lock it in place. ^^ Think you need to use the left-most vein (#4 in rank7 vein) for what you want too.
    Not sure if it has to be that vein but yeah definitely has to be rank 7. Luckily most my mules are rank 6. Thinking of just biting the bullet and using the expensive balyd ones for the characters that are rank 7. Seriously though was a sick joke when SE made this path lol. 400 rare ore ok.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Not sure if it has to be that vein but yeah definitely has to be rank 7. Luckily most my mules are rank 6. Thinking of just biting the bullet and using the expensive balyd ones for the characters that are rank 7. Seriously though was a sick joke when SE made this path lol. 400 rare ore ok.
    I'm pretty sure that yields are affected by vein #. You won't get velkk -1 equipment from #1 ever, but can from #4, and same applies to the various high-end mats. I don't know which bayld one you are thinking of, but if you are trying to target a certain thing, then I'd say that Rockoil is going to be your best bet since it guarantees that every harvest is locked to either goldsmithing OR smithing. If you use something else that "improves quality" then you are at the mercy of RNG for how often the node switches modes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Midrium you can get from loldigging in Morimar. It is semi common. Got like two stacks of Ore when I tried.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm pretty sure that yields are affected by vein #. You won't get velkk -1 equipment from #1 ever, but can from #4, and same applies to the various high-end mats. I don't know which bayld one you are thinking of, but if you are trying to target a certain thing, then I'd say that Rockoil is going to be your best bet since it guarantees that every harvest is locked to either goldsmithing OR smithing. If you use something else that "improves quality" then you are at the mercy of RNG for how often the node switches modes.
    Oh it is just it's not necessarily that one only. There are a ton of fertilizers and such you can buy from the inventors including ones that lock certain things including it seems not allowing crystals and seems to increase yield. Luckily for me between some nice people putting some up for sale at multiple times what they were worth before and some from the garden I'm done. Probably will still finish leveling up the nodes and using up my serums though

Quote Originally Posted by stamos View Post
    Midrium you can get from loldigging in Morimar. It is semi common. Got like two stacks of Ore when I tried.
    I don't have a raised chocobo or any digging skill

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

A few noteworthy notes since you'd want to use Smelting Serum for smithing ores...
    * Smelting Serum increases smithing ore yield by 1, Rockoil does not.
    * Not sure if the serums lock the node while in effect, that is all that Rockoil does.
    * Serums last for 7x harvests IIRC, Rockoils last ~20-30.
    * Serums cost a bit more than 2k bayld each from NPC in Western Adoulin, Rockoil costs 5k gil each from Green Thumb Moogle a few steps away.

Also, Otherwiki says that rank7 unlocks Bismuth, Durium, and Titanium Ores.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually did coalition. Also appears to last for 7.

Results I've seen are each mine gets me 4 items. At least 1 is always a smithing/goldsmith item with it averaging a lot higher. Out of 14 mines I got 27 smithing, 16 goldsmithing, 4 crystals and 7 bone craft. Bismuth seems to come about once every day or 2 per character though getting a ton of decent priced other ores so that's nice

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I think Coalition gives an extra 2x items per harvest, but doesn't lock-in whether they are smithing/goldsmithing.
    Don't forget that Yeestog gives an additional 1x item per harvest. Personally, I've had better results by using Rockoil to get stuff that I'm trying to target than any of the other serums. If you are willing to accept "more good stuff that I can sell" instead of "more chances at what I want", then go with the Coalition. XD

There's no way to avoid the bonecraft stuff unfortunately, but the HQ items tend to sell decently well at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I have all crafts so a boost is a boost. Still wind up with stacks and stacks of darksteel though

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I confirmed the mousai set (all pieces) is 116 bone. I am assuming the other su3 sets follow the same suit and are also 116.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4