1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 16 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 17 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I read it in the translation from reddit, that Parry no longer requires to you be facing an enemy, nor does blocking. Could just be a bad translation I suppose, I can't go back and find it currently as I'm on my phone.
    You got it right, they're removing the directional aspect of block and parry.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    We also don't know if healers have access to other personal buffs to increase their damage even more other than Cleric or if other jobs can boost magic damage even more than before like RDM is able to boost physical.
    That's yet another thing: right now, as far as we know the only other +damage buff in 4.0 is Berserk. Raging Strikes, Blood For Blood, Internal Release, and Hawk's Eye are either gone entirely or are no longer cross-classable; Fight or Flight, Battle Litany, Foe Requiem, Battle Voice, and Hypercharge are all unknown. So in a world where damage buffs are broadly wiped from the board, healers keeping a +damage CD are actually getting a significant buff.

Whether or not healer (or tank) DPS is "buffed" or "nerfed" depends entirely on the net damage output of DPS jobs in 4.0. We simply cannot evaluate that at this time. I mean, MCH doesn't appear to have a turret and Army's Paeon/Wanderer's Minuet are now enemy debuffs. There is no meaningful assessment that can be made right now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    You got it right, they're removing the directional aspect of block and parry.
    That's... kinda lame if that's true.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

All it did was fuck over PLD, I'm glad they're changing it. Especially now that shields block magic too, having to face something nuking you from the other side of the arena would be obnoxious.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    All it did was fuck over PLD, I'm glad they're changing it. Especially now that shields block magic too, having to face something nuking you from the other side of the arena would be obnoxious.
    All tanks had to worry about it as parry and block were both frontal. Kind of sucks to lose a passive mechanic. Facing your targets wasn't particularly hard. W/e though it's not a huge deal in the long run.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

It affected PLD more than the others, PLD's block rate is higher than the Parry rate for any tank.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bard mage gone and PLD buff? Instant resub! Now gotta fly through all the story before release

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Wont take long there are significantly less quests in heavensward after 3.0 than there were with ARR. Thank god they got that right, if you are still stuck behind 3.0 quests find someone with a two seat mount and have them fly you everywhere.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The last thing I remember doing was getting a wind-up Haurchefant. I think it wanted me to do the antitower or some shit

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You're not far behind at all then. That's like 3.2 I think? Shouldn't take you more then a modest evening of mission'ing to catch up to the end of 3.5

I have a friend who's coming back who is currently behind Leviathan or Ramuh or something like that. He has a LONG ass way to go lol. I'm pretty sure he's gonna buy the story progress bump when it comes out

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    You people speak as if these (tank) changes will somehow make the average players like heroes -- bads are gonna bad regardless of changes.

Most of this banter may not matter at all... the entire meta is changing almost, we need to sit on our collective hands til we can play 4.0, lol.
    Crying that the sky is falling and that the taxes are too damned high is just too much fun, I guess.

I suppose if one never has hope, they can never be too disappointed in the end

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    When people say this, are they just talking about War? Pld is a tank, and I'm pretty sure Pld didn't feel "rewarding" because it was doing optimum DPS at any particular moment (because the DPS was trash, because its a defensive tank). I mean, perhaps Drk, but even then...

I mean shit, there's three tanks in the game. War was the only one that melted faces, and yet I keep hearing this "TANKING WILL FEEL CHEAP WITHOUT WAR BEING ABLE TO SQUEEZE OUT A MONK'S DAMAGE!" rhetoric. I'm wondering if people need to focus their targeting laser to a bit more of a narrow target.
    No? We're talking about all the tanks. This entire post post feels so detached from reality that I have to question if you've even played the game in the past 2 years. "War is the only one that melted faces", really?

DRK's damage is fairly close to WAR's in most of the current endgame fights (and this has held true for the entire expansion). Ultimately while WAR is still ahead, the difference isn't anywhere near large enough to act like concerns about tank damage output only apply to WAR. They're very much a DRK concern too, there's no "perhaps". Now, PLD is behind DRK, which puts it even further behind WAR, but its single target DPS hasn't really been "trash" for a while. Capabilities aside, it's still played aggressively because there's little point in playing it as a "defensive tank" so damage concerns do apply to this job too.

The changes will affect all tanks. There's no target to narrow here. Go through fflogs if you want to see actual data on tank performance and maybe calm down your own rhetoric in the future.

And to repeat myself, I don't think the tank damage nerf is going to change much (see my other post) and I sure as fuck don't think the sky is falling, but you're bringing misinformation and "feels" to this discussion and it really doesn't help.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    That's yet another thing: right now, as far as we know the only other +damage buff in 4.0 is Berserk. Raging Strikes, Blood For Blood, Internal Release, and Hawk's Eye are either gone entirely or are no longer cross-classable; Fight or Flight, Battle Litany, Foe Requiem, Battle Voice, and Hypercharge are all unknown. So in a world where damage buffs are broadly wiped from the board, healers keeping a +damage CD are actually getting a significant buff.

Whether or not healer (or tank) DPS is "buffed" or "nerfed" depends entirely on the net damage output of DPS jobs in 4.0. We simply cannot evaluate that at this time. I mean, MCH doesn't appear to have a turret and Army's Paeon/Wanderer's Minuet are now enemy debuffs. There is no meaningful assessment that can be made right now.
    what?
    raging strikes
    http://i.imgur.com/1rMOZb2.png

BFB Battle Littany
    http://i.imgur.com/4IRyN1N.png

fight or flight
    http://i.imgur.com/NWArVZ2.png

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks for that.

Based on those screenshots, Hawk's Eye, Foe Requiem, and Battle Voice are all confirmed gone. And although B4B still exists, we already knew it's no longer cross-classable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Thanks for that.

Based on those screenshots, Hawk's Eye, Foe Requiem, and Battle Voice are all confirmed gone. And although B4B still exists, we already knew it's no longer cross-classable.
    Can never be certain if they are gone or just not put on the bar. They may have also been reworked and pushed into other abilities to reduce bloat/complexity.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Bard mage gone and PLD buff? Instant resub! Now gotta fly through all the story before release
    Or you can buy latest Yoshi's coctail! A story skipping potion for 25$!

If you need help tho feel free to PM me, im on your server.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Pretty sure Internal Release was seen somewhere in the Live Letter.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for that.

Don't forget that Yoshida said they were trying to combine certain abilities in order to make room. It's possible that Hawk's Eye has been integrated into Raging Strikes, etc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks for that.

my suspicion is that foe's was rolled into ballad since ballad was used on the enemy. in fact all the songs were used on the enemy. also would not surprise me if that flute move is battle voice or if the hawkseye effect was added to WM

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

SAM is really looking to be catering to the nostalgia factor and I'm entirely too drawn in. FC mates and I were goin over the videos last night and SAM is basically using Yukikaze, Gekko, and Kasha 3rd WS combo finishers to light up a corresponding Icon on the gauge. So then you can use the big hit after all are lit, right?

Even the 2hr comes back that lets you use Yuki Gekko and Kasha in succession to light up the icons without comboing the first 2 WS's in each hit.

Damn, expansion can't come fast enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast