1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But probably no Refresh on RDM.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't really need that in this game anyway.

Got dammit Qeomash, every time I see that hat makes me feel like going back to XI and getting it >_>.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post

Got dammit Qeomash, every time I see that hat makes me feel like going back to XI and getting it >_>.
    Youll have it in XIV soon

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And you don't have to wait for tomestones for it either! Plus you can dye it if you want to be a heathen.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If these media leaks are true, looking at a potentially big SCH nerf.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I haven't seen what you're referencing, but so long as they're reasonable changes, they're probably warranted. It's currently just way too good at everything.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah it's basically looking like it will cut their ability to heal and DPS at the same time in a big way. Removing all fairy abilities in favor of weak auras (Eos gets AoE regen, Selene gets Haste) with the ability to concentrate those auras onto 1 person for increased effect (the tether in the video). They can't cast Embrace anymore. Don't really have any more info yet but I assume SCH's own heals will be buffed to compensate and they will be expected to do the healing now instead of being able to rely so much on the fairy.

Also something about Ruin 4 being a random proc, and Bloodletter no longer being a crit proc but instead a 700potency attack that you can use once all of those arrow icons are filled up on the Minuet UI gauge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Noo, mah SCH ; ;

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Like I said the leak could be bullshit but all of that stuff seems reasonably within the realm of probability. We'll know for sure in the next couple of days since the embargo is supposed to lift by the end of May.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

the BRD in the skills video happens to use Bloodletter during the song that doesn't have "charges" so if all those leaks came from the same person I definitely don't believe them

the AST/DRK/SAM tooltip leaks from last week were believable because certain people who attended the event freaked out on twitter, everything I've read today so far just reeks of attention-grabbing bullshit but I guess we'll see in a couple days

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    If these media leaks are true, looking at a potentially big SCH nerf.
    Where PM if you don't want to post

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What would be the point in keeping the fairies if they don't have skills anymore? Just as glorified buffs? SCH still comes from Arcanist in Stormblood so I don't see them removing pet abilities on both pet jobs. I'm sure Summoner still has them.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post

Don't worry, I intend to update it with the XIV version.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    the BRD in the skills video happens to use Bloodletter during the song that doesn't have "charges" so if all those leaks came from the same person I definitely don't believe them
    You're presuming that the action that uses the current Bloodletter animation is still called Bloodletter. The action that consumes (and then refills?) an arrow during Minuet stance did not use Bloodletter's current animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    What would be the point in keeping the fairies if they don't have skills anymore? Just as glorified buffs?
    Their skills would be buffs, just like Fey Wind or Whispering Dawn now.

And this change in mechanic isn't necessarily a potency nerf. If the focused Eos HoT is the same potency over time as spamming Embrace today, then the real change (outside of the fairy bar, which is still unclear) would be the amount of micromanagement necessary. In other words, you wouldn't be able to throw out a fairy and let her heal everyone for you... you'd have to switch fairy targets manually. In some cases where you want the fairy to just stay on one person (e.g. tank), this could be slightly better than the current meta.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

where can I find these supposed leaks especially interested in the ast one.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've only read stuff about smn, sch, and brd. If someone is talking about ast then I haven't seen it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    You're presuming that the action that uses the current Bloodletter animation is still called Bloodletter. The action that consumes (and then refills?) an arrow during Minuet stance did not use Bloodletter's current animation.

Their skills would be buffs, just like Fey Wind or Whispering Dawn now.

And this change in mechanic isn't necessarily a potency nerf. If the focused Eos HoT is the same potency over time as spamming Embrace today, then the real change (outside of the fairy bar, which is still unclear) would be the amount of micromanagement necessary. In other words, you wouldn't be able to throw out a fairy and let her heal everyone for you... you'd have to switch fairy targets manually. In some cases where you want the fairy to just stay on one person (e.g. tank), this could be slightly better than the current meta.
    It's not just a potency nerf though, SCH in this situation is losing a lot more. Eos currently has an AoE magic defense buff, AoE Regen and AoE healing buff. Selene loses Silence (meh) ,AoE Haste and AoE Esuna. Granted that Regen and Haste are staying (in likely much weaker forms) but SCH would be losing all of its identity as a job. Even Eye for an Eye and Virus are gone now (both going to cross role) so the only thing left is... Adloquium.
    This would be a much bigger blow than I anticipated and given that AST isn't losing its card buffs SCH is potentially going to be bottom tier now given that they seem to be pushing WHM as "main healer".
    There's also another issue, SCH is still sharing skills with SMN. Any skill they replace on Arcanist isn't going to be SCH focused for obvious reasons and looking at the skill list there's only 2-3 SCH exclusive slots to fill up (assuming they're changing Deplyment Tactics and getting rid of Dissipation). And then we have Rouse which wouldn't make any sense in its current form for an aura fairy (and this would apply to Summoners as well because it's an Arcanist skill).
    I was already planning to check out other jobs but if all of this turns out to be true I'm leaving SCH behind. It's not even the nerf really but they're getting rid of the job's unique aspects that I really like. I'll be preparing my pimp hat and red cape just in case...

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    You're not far behind at all then. That's like 3.2 I think? Shouldn't take you more then a modest evening of mission'ing to catch up to the end of 3.5

I have a friend who's coming back who is currently behind Leviathan or Ramuh or something like that. He has a LONG ass way to go lol. I'm pretty sure he's gonna buy the story progress bump when it comes out
    Took like 2 days of on/off playing to catch up from where I was. Which also included doing Void Ark and the following dungeons plus some of the other dungeons released that I hadn't cleared. Not quite at the finish but almost, just done Baelsar Wall. I still have all the Primals to do (I'm assuming more were released) plus finish off Alexander. But yeah, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of content once you remove the whole weekly farming for gear.

Probably helped that I had capped PVP points so got full charity i235 gear

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's not just a potency nerf though, SCH in this situation is losing a lot more. Eos currently has an AoE magic defense buff, AoE Regen and AoE healing buff. Selene loses Silence (meh) ,AoE Haste and AoE Esuna. Granted that Regen and Haste are staying (in likely much weaker forms) but SCH would be losing all of its identity as a job. Even Eye for an Eye and Virus are gone now (both going to cross role) so the only thing left is... Adloquium.
    This would be a much bigger blow than I anticipated and given that AST isn't losing its card buffs SCH is potentially going to be bottom tier now given that they seem to be pushing WHM as "main healer".
    There's also another issue, SCH is still sharing skills with SMN. Any skill they replace on Arcanist isn't going to be SCH focused for obvious reasons and looking at the skill list there's only 2-3 SCH exclusive slots to fill up (assuming they're changing Deplyment Tactics and getting rid of Dissipation). And then we have Rouse which wouldn't make any sense in its current form for an aura fairy (and this would apply to Summoners as well because it's an Arcanist skill).
    I was already planning to check out other jobs but if all of this turns out to be true I'm leaving SCH behind. It's not even the nerf really but they're getting rid of the job's unique aspects that I really like. I'll be preparing my pimp hat and red cape just in case...
    do you have a better idea then? because sch in it's current state with a guaranteed raid slot is unacceptable. and that's due to the fairy's free heals being busted. I think cleric stance effecting the fairy would of been a better option but they locked themselves out of that option now. also anymove you make to try to make ast/whm better is probally gonna make X/sch better as well.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's not just a potency nerf though, SCH in this situation is losing a lot more. Eos currently has an AoE magic defense buff, AoE Regen and AoE healing buff. Selene loses Silence (meh) ,AoE Haste and AoE Esuna.
    The report is that fairies are "losing abilities in favor of auras" that can optionally be focused. We know that Eos has a HoT aura and Selene has a Haste aura. Even if we suppose that said report is 100% accurate and EVERY fairy ability is gone, what if Eos has a +MDef aura to replace Fey Covenant, or a +healpot aura to replace Fey Illumination? What if Selene has a +CRT aura?

We simply cannot assess whether jobs have been buffed or nerfed without seeing their full toolkit, including potencies.

And then we have Rouse which wouldn't make any sense in its current form for an aura fairy (and this would apply to Summoners as well because it's an Arcanist skill).
    Why would Rouse make any less sense? As it is today, Rouse lasts for 20 seconds and Whispering Dawn lasts for 21s.

Auras are, at their core, effect-over-time abilities. Rouse would make no less sense than Battle Voice makes today.