1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arioch View Post
    They're really trying to milk it… 25$ to skip the story and and another 25 to get a single job to 60. I don't think i can imagine anyone dropping $100+ to get caught up in this game. I know people drop alot more money on single player games that have season passes and such but this game also requires a monthly subscription. Honestly a code to get items to skip one job to 60 and an item to skip ARR or HW quest lines should be included with collector's editions of SB and future expansion collectors editions.
    That is a very steep price. The option to skip ahead is very nice though. I have a few friends who were thinking of coming back for SB but stopped before heavensward and were hesitant to come back because of how much story content they'd have to drudge through to catch up. Luckily they already have jobs at 50 so they're close enough already where just getting caught up with the story will make things much more convenient

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I for one am carefully optimistic, they addressed a lot of the beefs I had with things, I am a bit skeptical about the PvP thing, but look forwards to seeing how it plays out when we actually get to try it. And I am very ready to pick bard back up :D

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They knocked it out of the park for me. Nailed 8 of my 10 most pressing concerns.

I'm actually a bit more interested in PvP now. This live letter definitely raised my hype meter for sure.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Not directed at anyone here but holy shit at all the crybabies over the changes on the internet. I'll never get over entitled behavior over games especially before they get a chance to try it.

I can't complain about anything I haven't played. PVP changes sure are different but I wouldn't be able to say for sure how good or bad they are without trying it myself. I know I didn't like the current PVP system so I'd be open to seeing something different. If it's bad and awful I'll complain then and if enough people hate it/complain about it and it's truly awful we'll probably see them revamp the PVP system again.

My two cents on jump potions: There is no price that they could have marked the jump potions and make everyone happy. I read online people were saying if they weren't priced at 50$ it would be upsetting while others demanded that they price everything at 5$. Jump potions aren't for me though. I think the only persons who could tell me if they are worth that price would be the people who are brand new. I have a few people in my FC who spent 2 months trying to clear all the content and catch up to everyone that I can ask.

Job things: I'm a summoner sooooooooooo... I'm excited to put it bluntly. I've been really nervous about the job changes come Stormblood and if Summoner would still be as fun as it is currently. Looks like I don't have to worry. ( ' - ' )

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They knocked it out of the park for me. Nailed 8 of my 10 most pressing concerns.
    Most of mine also. Only thing left is to make offGCD animation waits non-existent for faster execution of them, and further fixing Mudra/hardcast-Swiftcast because I now get the latter again courtesy of the server move, and it really fucks with my flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    That is a very steep price. The option to skip ahead is very nice though. I have a few friends who were thinking of coming back for SB but stopped before heavensward and were hesitant to come back because of how much story content they'd have to drudge through to catch up. Luckily they already have jobs at 50 so they're close enough already where just getting caught up with the story will make things much more convenient
    Doesn't a character boost in WoW cost about the same as the MSQ+Job potions together?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i haven't played seriously since gordias and i think a lot of these changes are really good. wrt pvp, i'd consider myself a purist but i actually think the new changes are really good and will make the pvp far easier to balance. if they actually honestly care to maintain it, at least.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not really a fan of yet another tank Attack Power/DPS nerf.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I had to leave pretty early into the stream, did they mention anything about changing/removing Cure3? It has always felt super niche to me, but maybe I just have a case of the "git guds."

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Doesn't a character boost in WoW cost about the same as the MSQ+Job potions together?
    I think it's $60 (Character Boost for WoW)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Not really a fan of yet another tank Attack Power/DPS nerf.
    My thoughts, wtf is happening again with the tank not being able to wear STR gear anymore? Thats absolutely dumb..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They probably didn't like that melding str on accessories or gtfo was a thing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This is becoming tiring, tanks are already in a small portion compared to other jobs, do they expect us to carry on with more DPS nerfs.. -_-;

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

1.00 STR (2.0 - 3.1) -> .45 STR/.45 VIT (3.2 - 4.0) -> .45(?) STR (4.0+).

Spoiler: show
    .0 STR/.0 VIT (5.0+)

THE POWER OF THE TRINITY!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have mixed feelings about the removal of bow mage because I liked it but I really liked the animations for the actions. I guess a happy medium would be if your guage doesn't go up while moving. something I really hated about 2.0 bard was that shots had no weight behind them but with the new animations they look a lot better.

however my main is ast and have no clue what was going on with that star orb.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As someone who is normally very critical about XIV things, I like a lot of what I saw today. The addition of new resources/mechanics to some of the more simple jobs (WHM for example) and wide sweeping changes to some other jobs looked pretty good. A lot of the new abilities look like they either add to the job in a way that it was lacking before, or amplify its strengths sufficiently to a point where they appear to have some impact.

Warrior is my main class, so I'll talk more about that. The changes are interesting. Removing Wrath stacks and replacing them with a universal Beast meter is cool. It also seems that the generation and consumption of these points/the meter has changed dramatically. From my observations and the information we have available from translated tooltips:

-Combo generators now provide 10 points of Beast Meter charge (BM). This is a 100% decrease from before, where 1 combo generator would provide 1 stack out of 5, or 20 out of 100 points. That said, points no longer carry the same weight.

-Actions such as Vengeance no longer produce BM.

-Infuriate possibly only gives 50 BM instead of 100, which would still technically be the same as what it did before and in fact it would be more potent if the cost of finishers is truly 15-25BM.

-There is now a cost attached to stance dancing. It costs half of your BM to change between Defiance and Deliverance, so you can't just do it willy nilly, build up all your BM in Deliverance and swap to Defiance to IB, etc.. We needed a balancing point on our stances; this may seem like a strong penalty to some but honestly, considering Warrior's breadth of utility and flexibility, I'd say it's fair.

-Berserk may no longer cause pacification. That'd be cool.

-Finishers/spenders now have variable costs and can be used in greater quantities at once, though not necessarily more often. From what I can see, spenders like Fell Cleave either outright cost 25 points, or that new fire shield ability thing reduces the cost of BM spenders. Lesser spenders (like the gap closer and that uppercut thing) seem to cost between 15 and 20 BM. Before, it would cost 5 stacks (100 of 100 "points" of Wrath) to use Inner Beast/Steel Cyclone/Fell Cleave/Decimate, or 5 generators. Now it costs 25 BM, or 2.5 generators, to use a finisher if the cost is 25, or possibly they have made it cost 50 points with 25 being the reduced cost while under the effects of that new buff. For the purposes of this post we'll assume it's just 25 BM to use a finisher. Theoretically this means we will be using BM finishers 30-40% more often than before, and if you store a full meter and Infuriate you can use up to 6 BM finishers in a single burst, or Berserk. This is either an enormous boost in burst damage potential, or something is going to change to make Fell Cleave less devastating, such as...
    EDIT: Finishers cost 50 BM. The new buff halves costs. So you can do up to 3 Fell Cleaves without the new buff (2 from max gauge, 1 from Infuriate) or potentially you can build to 100 gauge -> Berserk -> New ability -> Fell Cleave x4 -> Infuriate -> Fell Cleave x2.

-STR is being shifted back into the spotlight for tank DPS. This would be great, except they are also making it so that tanks can only wear VIT accessories. One of several things can happen here:
    a) Tenacity's damage boost will be enough to compensate for the loss.
    b) They will put a small amount of STR onto VIT accessories or raise the amount of STR on tank gear.
    c) Neither of these and tanks face another blanket nerf to damage output.

For warrior in particular, it's possible that certain job abilities and mechanics allow it to continue to deal elevated damage, however the possibility exists that the changes to tank stats will come out to another decrease in tank damage output. 6 Fell Cleaves in one burst sounds really, really strong... until you consider this, then 6 Fell Cleaves sounds more like Warrior's way to compensate for a possible damage nerf. We don't have enough information to say either way. No matter what though, unleashing that many finishers at once is going to feel tight as fuq.

-More on stats: removing Parry and replacing it with Tenacity was a great move. Tenacity sounds like it could be an incredible stat, however I'm tempering my expectations and assuming it will give less damage than Determination and a minor DR (like 1% DR per 400 Tenacity or something). Either way, it's nice to see that they've actually replaced it with something rather than just removing it entirely and saying fuck it.

Overall I feel like this could make WAR more interesting and varied to play. Right now it's easily the simplest of all 3 tanks to play optimally, the BM gauge and managing that resource properly could potentially lead to a more in-depth playstyle. We'll have to see what goes on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did see this face when warrior got detailed.

But honestly for streamlining its a good change. Piety is finally a substat (Which probably means all healers will buff mind and SMN will buff INT)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    This is becoming tiring, tanks are already in a small portion compared to other jobs, do they expect us to carry on with more DPS nerfs.. -_-;
    How do you think Healers feel having 20% oops 10% less DPS output in general? Assuming that 90s Clerics buff still remains 5% boost for 15 seconds. That and no more Blizzard II on SCH anymore iirc, so that's one less AoE option for them on big packs.

If anything they need to scale the threat generation on tank skills up in general, both at a low level and high level. Pre-30 tanking sucks ass, and upper-level tanking you need gear to keep hate off geared DPS who know wtf they're doing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast