1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

People are gonna do what they're gonna do, lol. The sky is falling; the end is nigh, ect. ect.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I'm not sure how much point there is in gameplanning damage output before we see the rest of the skills. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a MCH main, but looking at that video, this isn't going to quite be 1.23->2.0, but it's going to be somewhere in the range of the 1.17-1.18 change. It's a pretty major rework and we're just assuming potencies and rotations will stay the same. I didn't even see a turret for MCH at all, and we're calculating Hypercharge impact?
    What I thought too. Especially since they also mentioned changing job synergies and stuff.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly Im just glad theyre coping on and switching some spells to an auto upgrade setup. Wonder if well get a proper water swtup down the road though techically white mage should have this but all we have is a gimpy knockback spell.

Also love Bahamut aka egi cannon

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Remember how excited summoners got about death flare?

And then they became bottom tier.

Again.
    Honestly, at the level I'll play if I end up returning (and I'll probably will), I just want cool shit. If it's sub-optimal for a world's/server's first team, well, whatever. I won't do hard mode raids anymore anyway.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Be thankful its only 1 slot. Healers are left with some really rough decisions.
    Did I see correctly that Protect will potentially be a role skill? If so, I like the idea of only one healer needing to carry protect in a fixed group. That's like a bonus slot for your other healer!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera View Post
    Did I see correctly that Protect will potentially be a role skill? If so, I like the idea of only one healer needing to carry protect in a fixed group. That's like a bonus slot for your other healer!
    Yep, Esuna as well. Not sure if Selene still has the AoE version at this point, may have been changed again.

Edit: Can't wait to enter dungeons as DPS/Tank and find healers with neither equipped but with, say, Surecast instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You equip them! No, you!!

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It looks like casters will have Erase, so that's another load-sharing opportunity.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It looks like casters will have Erase, so that's another load-sharing opportunity.
    Erase can't be used on yourself right? It's also on a cooldown I believe.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Yeah, annoyingly it looks like Provoke is job role only (?); so tanks are perpetually shafted with 1 slot taken up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    They're going to have two slots taken by default. Provoke plus whatever the AoE Provoke is. It gets worse when you realize that, if this stands, tanks have no real offensive abilities aside from Fight-or-Flight, Berserk, and Blood Weapon as the only means of increasing DPS without being the active tank (for counters, assuming these weren't also gutted entirely). lol
    If I understand the Role actions right (that they're no longer job-specific actions and thus no one gets them for free), tanks pretty much have their entire set determined. Rampart, Provoke, Ultimatum, Convalescence and Awareness. WAR might be able to get away with foregoing Rampart in favour of something else but at best all three tanks have like, one action's worth of leeway.

It depends on the other Caster skills. I highly doubt people will trade a potential DPS skill slot for "something the healers should be doing."

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Casters always be casting also. They're generally not going to interrupt their flow to remove something that a healer can handle.

I'm probably going to have to make macros to swap actions around based on whether I'm doing dungeon/raid/fucking-with-rescue as heals.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    It depends on the other Caster skills. I highly doubt people will trade a potential DPS skill slot for "something the healers should be doing."
    Given that most debuffs are not removable anyway, if having your caster(s) equip Erase gives your healers room to equip Cleric Stance, it's probably worth the trade.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    If I understand the Role actions right (that they're no longer job-specific actions and thus no one gets them for free), tanks pretty much have their entire set determined. Rampart, Provoke, Ultimatum, Convalescence and Awareness. WAR might be able to get away with foregoing Rampart in favour of something else but at best all three tanks have like, one action's worth of leeway.
    If all your doing is dungeons, sure, then that would be solid. Provoke is optional as far as dungeons go since you shouldn't have any swaps unless mechanics force it.

Otherwise, you could swap Conva and Awareness against targets who don't have an increased critical rate, or don't have significant healing requirements, or if you OT in raids.

You'll be running a heavier DPS spec for solo as well.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Given that most debuffs are not removable anyway, if having your caster(s) equip Erase gives your healers room to equip Cleric Stance, it's probably worth the trade.
    If you are referring to allowing Healers to replace Esuna with Cleric Stance you should know Erase has a 90s cooldown and only removes DoT effects. You also can't use it on yourself so it has extremely limited usability.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Guys guys guys.

What if.

I unequip my job stone?

BAM 10 SLOTS FUCK YOUR EXTRA JOB STATS I GOT 5 EXTRA BUTTONS COME AT ME CONTENT!

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Yeah, annoyingly it looks like Provoke is job role only (?); so tanks are perpetually shafted with 1 slot taken up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    If all your doing is dungeons, sure, then that would be solid. Provoke is optional as far as dungeons go since you shouldn't have any swaps unless mechanics force it.

Otherwise, you could swap Conva and Awareness against targets who don't have an increased critical rate, or don't have significant healing requirements, or if you OT in raids.

You'll be running a heavier DPS spec for solo as well.
    We don't know what two of the Tank role abilities do, but realistically I doubt there will be a "DPS spec" given the Healer role actions. Based on the translated name of one of them, "Shirk" sounds like a threat dump but I have no idea what "Anticipation" might do. So those two unknown actions aside, Rampart is a lock, Convalescence is a lock, one of Ultimatum or Provoke is a lock depending on raid or dungeon. That leaves you two slots in a raid (potentially only one slot if there's a raid encounter that requires Ultimatum) for 6 skills, two of which are stuns. Realistically Awareness is a lock for dungeons so that's one slot for five skills.

I'm more interested in what they're going to replace all these actions on PLD with. Rampart, Awareness, Convalescence and Provoke are all (or were, until 4.0) PLD skills. I have a real hard time believing they just cut all of those out without replacing any of them because it would leave PLD in an action deficit compared to WAR and DRK (who are benefiting a lot from the skills PLD is "losing").

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Guys guys guys.

What if.

I unequip my job stone?

BAM 10 SLOTS FUCK YOUR EXTRA JOB STATS I GOT 5 EXTRA BUTTONS COME AT ME CONTENT!
    In before classes are removed or classes only get 5 as well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm not sure how much point there is in gameplanning damage output before we see the rest of the skills. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a MCH main, but looking at that video, this isn't going to quite be 1.23->2.0, but it's going to be somewhere in the range of the 1.17-1.18 change. It's a pretty major rework and we're just assuming potencies and rotations will stay the same. I didn't even see a turret for MCH at all, and we're calculating Hypercharge impact?
    This is exactly what I thought too, lol. Like, it's quite obvious from that video that the entire current meta is fucking gone. Dead as a doornail, give it up. Monk can buff the party now! MCH doesn't have a turret anymore! Throw out everything you knew about everything and start fresh. Where tanks will stand among all this new shit remains to be seen, but we won't see the correct picture until launch.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Guys guys guys.

What if.

I unequip my job stone?

Considering he said the cross-class system is axed, it should be a universal system.

Then again Yoshi says a lot of things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast