BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

178 episodes. If you watch an episode a day, you can finish in just under half a year.
    But then there's DS9, so that's another 176, and because of reasons, you can't start overlapping them until partway through season 6.

So it's pmuch a yearlong project, if you skip Voyager, Enterprise, and the Original Series.

EDIT: Oh, as for the movies. Generations right after finishing TNG, First Contact is midway through DS9 season 5, Insurrection is during the final season of DS9, but you can put it after, and Nemesis is after Voyager is over, if you watch that.

The only thing canon after Nemesis are some elements of the first reboot film, past that, it's only non-canon EU novels and the Star Trek Online MMO.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

There are some canon comic book tie-ins that link the reboot to the original timeline.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    Ooooh, you may have to watch more TNG than that. TNG's first season was a bit weak. You ever heard of Jumping the Shark? Well TNG ended up spawning the term "Growing the Beard" which is the exact opposite of Jumping the Shark and is a reference to TNG becoming good only after Riker grew a beard.
    Season 1 got better towards the tail end but it was all over the place. I thought the episode where...
    Spoiler: show
    Tasha Yar had Sex with Data was completely hilarious. No wonder she asked to be killed off but I am sure she silently regretted it later on when the show got better

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

After that Honest Trailers they do a commentary vid where they talk about the 7th season kind of jumping the shark, and listing some of the things they did. Picard walking in on Beverly Crusher being fondled by a ghost was not something I remembered from watching the show back then.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    After that Honest Trailers they do a commentary vid where they talk about the 7th season kind of jumping the shark, and listing some of the things they did. Picard walking in on Beverly Crusher being fondled by a ghost was not something I remembered from watching the show back then.
    Nothing will ever beat this gem in my opinion.

Ep was good, the friends refrence was funny.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Great cameo too

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's either the Merry Man scene or Mr. Broccoli, for me, but there are a lot of great moments like that.

As for the Orville, I've seen the first two episodes, and while I like it, I'd like to see them move away from the Captain & First officer's failed relationship moving the plot forward. I don't even think they needed the opening scene either; could have just referenced it and started the show out with the meeting in the Admiral's office, with a little narration from him as he walks in.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The divorce stuff definitely dies down to just being used for little jokes in the 3rd episode. Haven't watched episode 4 yet so I can't say if it's used much in that episode.

4th episode it's still pretty much used as light jab joke status, hopefully nothing more comes from this until he inevitably finds out that Kelly got him the job.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That was odd; there was a weird cut during the show during the part during episode 4, with the locals at the barn; anyone else see that or was it just my DVR recording of it?

Ya, definitely some weird edits in this episode, or I have a really bad recording somehow.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Ya, definitely some weird edits in this episode, or I have a really bad recording somehow.
    I didn't notice anything. Maybe just your DVR?

The third and fourth episode of the show got a lot heavier than I expected, particularly the third one. I was expecting Star Trek meets Family Guy, and the first couple of episodes felt that way. The last couple of episodes made it feel far more Star Trek than Family Guy, although perhaps Star Trek: The Less-PC Generation.

I very much appreciated the fact there wasn't a happy ending at the end of the third episode. Not because I was rooting for the surgery, but because real life rarely has perfect, happy, simple answers to complicated questions. However, episode 4 seemed to nicely resolve everything in a short, 10-minute window, which was frustrating. Kind of hoping we see that ship again later this season, when everything isn't working out peachy keen for that group, and Space T-Bag has decidedly to go on a rampage and screw things up.

P.S. Liam fucking Neeson? Awesome.

Another amazing guest star this week also

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Why is this show more Star Trek than Star Trek Discovery lol.

When I first saw the ship, I thought man already 4 episodes in and we are doing a Borg type episode... but then it just went another direction.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I really enjoyed ep 3 and 4. It looks like The Orville is starting to find itself as a show and so far I like the direction they´re headed for. The reason this feels 10x more Star Trek than Discovery is that Seth is a huge Trekkie. He absolutely admires Sir Patrick Stewart and TNG is his favorite Trek show. He loves the Star Trek universe and wants to pay homage to it. He basically always wanted to do this show and it´s part of the reason he got into directing/acting in the first place. It clearly shows in the overall style and feel, the cinematography, storylines of ep 3 and 4 and many details of the show. If they cut down on the humor by another 20% and give us more episodes like 3 and 4 I can see this becoming really really good.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Another cameo for episode 5 lol. MacFarlene pulling out all his buddy passes so far

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Also Jonathan Frakes directed this episode. And Robert Duncan McNeil directed episode 2.

I wished they stayed away from time travel. Also I wonder if the teleportation device stays and will build up to something later on? Technically if they disabled the wormhole everything should reset and they should die in that storm. LOL time travel. alternate timelines etc etc

weakest ep imo.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

but

If they died in the storm they couldn't have disabled the wormhole. PARADOXES!