FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    FC4 was awesome coop. If full coop means 4 players, I'm sold, Jon Hamm or not.
    2 players

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping it will come bundled with something like FC4 did (Samsung SSDs) and I'll be able to cop this for cheap like before when people go to offload their gift codes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's being reported that the story will be as long as previous titles, about 20-25 hours.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    It's being reported that the story will be as long as previous titles, about 20-25 hours.
    Boo I was hoping for a bit more since you can all but guarantee 5-7 of those hours will be climbing towers!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Far Cry is as much about capturing natural beauty as it is about explosive mayhem, and with Far Cry 5, the bar for re-creating the wilderness is especially high. Unlike the fictional Kyrat or Rook Islands, Montana’s forests, farmlands, and highways will feel familiar to a lot of players – and that means the developers needed to accurately capture every detail, from the wildlife to the logos on roadside shops to the bark on trees, to make Hope County feel like a convincing place.

“We needed to change the way we prepared ourselves,” says Isaac Papismado, graphic assistant on Far Cry 5. “In the past, we used the internet, we used a lot of secondary sources, books, things like that. Whereas now, we really want to go onsite with a team with cameras, and get as much as we can.”

That meant taking a series of trips to Montana, during which the developers trekked into small towns and wilderness locations. They got to know Montana’s ecosystem, wildlife, and people, and took thousands of photos, many of which were used to re-create the landscape in a process called photogrammetry. Using photogrammetry, objects like trees, vegetation, buildings, and even people are photographed from multiple angles and scanned to create lifelike 3D objects. This technique led not only to some of the most detailed environments Far Cry has seen to date, but to a few surprises that made their way into the story.

“When Richard, our lead on biomes, came back and scanned a birch, and there was actually a heart shape with initials and names, and we’re like ‘this is awesome!'” says Associate Producer Philippe Fournier. “This is the level of detail you can find in some of the assets. We can tweak it and make it story-based, but getting that sort of detail is definitely a first for us.”

The team’s photos ended up informing not just the look of Far Cry 5’s environments, but the way the game world itself was structured. Like the real Montana, Far Cry 5’s landscape is dotted with road signs and billboards, and they aren’t just set dressing; they’re there to organically alert you to where you are, direct you to specific businesses or locations that might be of help, and even unlock intel about good fishing spots. And a big part of making those messages stick out is through branding.

“Every logo is almost a character in and of itself,” says Fournier. “You’re always asking, ‘what’s the history behind that? Who’s the owner? What’s next, where can I find this person? I see there’s a shop, maybe I can find this shop somewhere?’ And it attracts you to go and find it, so it ties into the exploration of the world as you see those signs.”

Another key part of understanding where you are is in the businesses themselves, which are frequently named for their region or town, or after the characters who run them. In fact, says Graphic Assistant Marco Beauchemin, it wasn’t unusual during development for a business and its branding to develop from characters who appeared in the storyline.

“We have that guy from the narrative, and that guy should have a marina, so let’s give that guy’s name to the marina,” says Beauchemin. From there, that name becomes part of logos and signage, radio ads, billboards, and even vehicles associated with the marina, all of which make that marina feel more like a real place instead of just a point of interest on your map.

The approach to branding isn’t just about business, either. It extends to the homes of the characters themselves; the team wanted to create interiors that felt lived-in, with decorations that tell you something about the person who lives there, what they do, and how well they take care of their stuff.

Another thing that came out of the branding process was the identity of the resistance movement you’ll build in Hope County, which stems from the Hope County Cougars, a local baseball team. Starting out as a sign to dress up a part of a baseball field, the team’s branding spread to pennants and promotional calendars in the game’s bars.

“During production, we came to ‘who are the rebels, what are their logos?'” says Beauchemin. “We took that baseball team. It’s a team of people that are really grounded in the region, so it’s normal that the rebels would take that as their logo, so let’s go for it. And then the narrative added to that with a character who’s all about the baseball team, and we can go into someone’s house and we know that guy was playing for the Cougars a long time ago.”

All of these elements combine to create a rich backdrop for an explosive adventure to liberate Hope County from the grip of The Project at Eden’s Gate cult. Far Cry 5’s world is packed with activity and danger – not the least of which comes from the bears, wolves, skunks, and feared wolverines that might complicate a mission by attacking at any time – and its version of Montana is a beautiful, diverse place to explore.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Saw a review vid that said single player was cool but co-op was a lot more fun. Would be interested to try this co-op but I lack friends lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Today, Ubisoft released “The Baptism” live action trailer for Far Cry 5. In “The Baptism”, the relationship between two men of faith is revealed; Joseph Seed before he became the Father, and Pastor Jerome before he was forced to forfeit his status as shepherd of Hope County's souls.

Set in America, a first for the franchise, Far Cry 5 offers players total freedom to navigate a serene-looking yet deeply twisted world as the new junior deputy of fictional Hope County, Montana. Players will find that their arrival accelerates a years-long silent coup by a fanatical doomsday cult, the Project at Eden's Gate, igniting a violent takeover of the county. Under siege and cut off from the rest of the world, players will join forces with residents of Hope County and form the Resistance.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gameplay

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Season Pass & Map Editor details
    Players who purchase the Season Pass or Far Cry 5 Gold Edition will continue their uncanny adventures in three pieces of DLC: Hours of Darkness, Dead Living Zombies and Lost on Mars.

• Hours of Darkness: Players will travel back in time to Vietnam to battle against Việt Cộng soldiers and save their fellow soldiers

• Dead Living Zombies: Players will team up with friends to fight waves of zombies across seven different scenarios cooked up by a b-movie director

• Lost on Mars: Players will leave Earth behind to go toe-to-claws with martian arachnids to save Earth from an alien invasion

Additionally, all Far Cry 5 Season Pass owners playing on consoles will receive the single-player content from another critically-acclaimed Far Cry series entry with Far Cry 3 Classic Edition, which will be available to season pass holders four weeks prior to launching as a standalone purchase in summer 2018. PC players will receive the full version of Far Cry 3 at a later date following the launch of Far Cry 5.

All Far Cry 5 players will also have access to Far Cry Arcade, the evolution of the map editor that will deliver an endless amount of free gameplay and map creation opportunities for players. Far Cry Arcade will include assets from previous Far Cry games as well as other Ubisoft titles, including content from Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Unity and Watch_Dogs, that can be used to make solo, co-op and PvP multiplayer experiences.

Finally, Far Cry 5 will also host Live Events that reward players with new customisation items including unique vehicle and weapon skins for completing different challenges as they explore Hope County.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Has anyone picked this up yet? If so, what are your thoughts on it so far? Never played a Farcry before and been thinking about picking this up since I think it does look fun from the outside looking in.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Its my 1st Farcry game. Got it on PC.

Looks great. Still very early since I only played about an hour and a half but the gameplay feels solid so far. Its very open world. Main story seems to point you in roughly a few directions and lets you do what you want so far. Been doing whatever side stuff I stumble across.

Also, while getting the dog I got randomly attacked by a turkey.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I watched a bunch of videos on PSN to get a 20% off coupon, now I kinda want to play the game. Mission accomplished I guess. The dog looks really neat.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Far Cry 3 was pretty amazing with how the bad guy was portrayed. FC4 felt like a quick imitation cash-grab. Primal was fun because it was simple (I only used the bow the entire time). FC5 feels like FC1 and FC2 before Ubi owned the series. So far, FC5 is far creepier than all of the Netflix documentaries on cults. You can have a group run with you (AI; this was something FC1 and 2 did). It seems like they added a bit of the crazy physics. I've blown a few things up and dead bodies doing cartwheels away from the explosion make me laugh every time. This one breaks the mold in how upgrades work (in a good way). It's a lot harder to earn perk points than previous titles (they had EXP). With that, you also had an order to upgrades, whereas FC5 does not (with some exceptions). I'm 10-15 hours in and I just came off of FC Primal. I'm having a blast.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Sounds all good so far. Is there a big day one update with the game? If so I can start the updates before I go to bed after work tonight.