1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How's your ping?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Why SE went from one extreme to the other is fucking beyond me.
    Easy.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I figured this would affect me since I live in Miami. Went from 40-50ms with and without WTFast to 120ms~ without WTFast and 100ms~ with. However, I honestly can't tell the difference and since I play a lot of MNK, I never really had to concern myself with double weaving to begin with. I'll probably won't be able to get some last second attacks in before AoEs trigger though. /shrug

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Stable 69ms on both nodes.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Went from 100ish to 170-180ish from the UK. Very noticable but doesn't really feel like it hinders me too much so far on any job but the one I actually enjoy and main, go figure. Tried Mudfish today and it made my ping even worse, even trying a bunch of different nodes. Anyone from the UK have a decent experience with Pingzapper or WTFast? Pingzapper seems reasonably priced at least so I might give it a shot once SB launches. If that's no good it's time to shit it up and become a PLD main. This move has definitely made me appreciate the perserverence of my friends in Australia and NZ though, I cannot imagine wanting to stick around in this game if I had 250 ping since day 1.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Same as Kiarax (went to 180), in battle I notice little if no difference, things seems to process the same.

Menus, however, is where I do feel it slightly. Such as the Summoning Bell, the mini cactpot...

@Kiarax: There was a brief period where I tried both, but the free ones only. Just made things worst. However the delay/lag problem went away not too long after. I could be configuring it incorrectly, but in reality it's not that hard to get it setup honestly, and I was too lazy to explore further. Basically I found it all placebo/a waste of time. Could be different if you stuck money into it of course, but I can't comment further.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It actually has helped me here in GA (we're on Uverse). I've been noticing a lot less lag/choppy stuff due to lag; the only problem I had was a wierdo one. I don't know what my ping was before, but it's 80-90ms now.

Seems somehow, either due to the fact my battery on my phone swelled up (and the screen popped off a little bit; taht's why I took it in to get fixed and the bad battery was discovered) or the server move, my software token came unsynced. I had to remove it, then reinstall and add it back. First time ever. Good thing I keep the emergency removal password around. That Galaxy 4 has a new battery now, btw.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I had ~20ms to the servers in Quebec (I'm in southern Ontario), looking like closer to 90ms now.

Genius decision.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sitting 60-80 with wtfast in Austin, TX. Not really noticed a change.

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

20ms for me in San Francisco, although I get pretty frequent lag spikes in which everything stops moving for a few seconds.

SoCal resident here; Feels like a whole new game to me

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When from 110ish to 45ish, Eastern Washington.

Week ago I said, "watch them put them near their offices in Cali". And we all laughed because we didn't think they'd be that stupid.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

went from about 70ish with lag spikes to like 95-100, not sure on the spikes yet. I'm in Alabama. Feels..more sluggish in instances than it did before.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Being located on the west coast, I no longer have any lag calling retainers. Everything is blindingly fast.

Sorry to those who got the short end of the stick this time, though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Long Island City with an average of 103ms and spikes of 198ms

Duty Finder server just eating GCDs and Buffs left and right.

This is kinda the icing on the cake with other issues and makes me glad I didn't pre-order Storm Blood.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

57-59ms in Houston. Praise be to...... Comcast???

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is the Montreal data center simply empty now, or are there still some servers there?

It seems like the smart move would be to have a data center in California and Montreal.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i mean, from a technological/keeping-people-happy perspective, sure. but i can pretty much guarantee you neither of those were factors in the decision-making process to move datacenters.

i'm ~100 or so to both the new center and the EU servers, out of MA. no idea what my ping to the old DC was, but this screws my static over pretty hard since we have a couple of UK people (who've been playing since 1.0 before balmung even existed) whose latency went way up with the move.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Obviously you can't reach the old servers anymore, but this should be the square-enix.montreal IP in case people want some sort of number to compare new pings to: 184.107.107.176

EDIT: Alternatively you can check nodes around the area (such as if-ae-3-2.tcore1.w6c-montreal.as6453.net which is located in Montreal).

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

ouch, my ping is 65ms higher with the new centre compared to that ip

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Mine is also almost 60ms different between that one and new servers. Did a run of Dun Scaith last night and before when the first boss did that red suck you in attack if I just held the button down to run out of it I could get out in time regardless where it pulled me to but now it seems that is not the case. Yay.